Kid reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Faithful, sensitive take on classic novel is great for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byChicagogrl February 10, 2010

Great for all ages though kids 10+ will understand it better

Loved it i saw it once on a pbs special then got the movie and i fell in love with it. The movie is pretty long (aprox. 4hrs), but for me is well worth the watch. It has a little bit of everythiing comedy (as Anne struggles with the troubles she gets into with her temper), Romance (the possibility of Anne and Gilbert), Friendship (the mentioning of kindred spirits), Education (much literary work is mentioned), and Drama. I recommend seeing the second and third movie, though the age reccomendations would change to +11 for the second and +14 for the third

Teen, 14 years old Written byEO April 9, 2008

One of my favorites!

Anne does have a temper,but it's a great movie!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2010

AWESOME FOR TWEENS AND UP!

I loved it. I loved it when I was 10, and now I'm 11. I've seen all 4 movies of Anne Of Green Gables. It's romantic and dramatic.....slightly a chick flick. But really, I went to half price books and picked up a 5 disc collector edition and watched it with my friends. They all loved it, and you would too. For the 2nd disc the rating would remain 10 yrs. For the 3rd and 4th, 11/12. The 3rd and 4th are movies that a 10 yr. old probably would'nt be very interested in.

Teen, 16 years old Written byUgli Chic March 14, 2010

for ages 5-105

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Anne of Green Gables is one of my fav books, and I love Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie b/c they did such a great job in the saga! ~Ugli Chic

Teen, 14 years old Written bya teen book lover February 15, 2010

perfect family movie

I loved this movie.And the books great to.I say 6+ because any younger and thay just won't get it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRicochet94 April 10, 2010
Perfect in every way. A great reminder of the days when movies took their. When directors knew you didn't have to use fast zooms, hand-held cameras, and relentless action to craft a movie. And it is suitable for any age; there is no language, no violence, and no sexual/suggestive content of any kind. Director Kevin Sullivan didn't just make a movie, he made 4 hours of art. Art that will stay in my DVD collection for a long time to come.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJha800 January 2, 2010

Awesome just like the book!

i read the book anne of green gabels and fell in love! once done i drove everyone crazy looking for the movie ad we found this one and it was great! in the book it skiped her going to the picknic and other things but showed it in the movie which was really neat

Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2010

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byictchis May 31, 2017

Its a great coming of age movie.

This movie is also a classic(There are a lot of classic movies that i have reviewed.) I found this movie very enjoyable, funny and adventurous this movie is bound to make you smile. The story plot was great and also acting, and i just love her spunky attitude. No violence at all, it sends i think a great moral message, determination is a key factor in life. All around it still is a great movie and i recommend watching this with your whole family of just you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byA.Ham May 24, 2017

Literally the only good film adaptation out there (ITS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!)

The charm of this classic is much better than the stupid PBS one and is more realistic. Anne goes through so many things that people did in the old days. I'm glad my mom showed me this.

Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2016

Sweet and Funny

This is the perfect family movie! I love this movie and all the other sequels to it. Everyone should love this movie

Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2016

Its about a girl. Of 13. She rocks.

She is so faithful to her beliefs and a strong character. She is the pre-Katniss Everdeen.
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014

amazing

it is amazing i did a book report and everything on it.

Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2011

Good movie

Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2011

All ages.

Great,sweet movie:)!All ages! I recommend this for your family. A great family movie. No bad stuff.,clean movie:).

Teen, 13 years old Written byashlieking20 August 13, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover159 March 20, 2017

One of the best movies of all time!!!

The acting, scenery, costumes, and Gilbert are absolutely beautiful!!!!! The reason this is rated 8+ is because younger children will get lost in the story and easily bored. But those of us who enjoy witty humor and Anne's quick temper this story will forever remain a favorite in your household. Keep in mind that this movie is perfect for a girls night. My brothers didn't quite enjoy it as much as the girls in my family.