Parent reviews for Another Cinderella Story

Selena Gomez brings fresh pop fun to an old tale.

Wondering if Another Cinderella Story is OK for your kids?

Adult Written byTinyToya June 7, 2011

Too Sexy For Kids

I watch this movie often because I love dancing and Drew Seeley is a good singer. The movie utlimately is not for kids because Selena (age 15 at the time) looks so young and yet dances so provocatively. Drew (25 at the time) looks like a grown man because he IS a grown man.
There is also a bedroom scene in which he leans over Selena on the bed as though he is going to do something to her although Selena manages to negate the advance.
There is also some cursing and some kissing. Overall, it just surprises me how much sexual tension there seems to be in this movie.

Adult Written bymeydiana.rizki October 26, 2020

Just fine

Excellent tween and teen movie!
Monte Carlo is a charming movie for tweens and/or teens. Several other reviewers disliked the movie calling it predictable and boring but I have to vehemently disagree. If you are looking for a cute, adventurous movie with NO SWEARING, NO NUDITY, NO SEXUAL SCENES or INNUENDOS, NO SMOKING, and NO DRUGS then this is the movie for you (and us!)! This movie reminds me of some of the 1960's Disney movies that were plot-wise too old for little kids but still 'safe' for the not quite teenagers.

This is a classic movie about mistaken identity and learning to get along. The 3 main characters in the movies are all very different personalities but they grow and learn to accept each other by the end of the movie. They also have very different 'happy endings' but seeing how different they are, the characters should end happily-ever-after differently.

There are some funny moments, some thinking 'would I do that?' moments, and some 'good for her' moments. You genuinely like each of these characters (except the mean girl) by the end of the show whether you liked them at the beginning or not.

This movie is perfect for its target audience of tweens/early teens and I wish more movies like this were available with today's stars!

Parent of a 2-year-old Written byAnounymous June 19, 2019
Written byAnonymous August 18, 2018
Adult Written bykayliejorichard April 3, 2012

"Anthor cinderrella Story"

this movie is very good this movie just tells about a normal old girl that becomes in the arms of a superstar with her ulgy stepsisters and her horrrible mother she cannot go to the prom because she has to clean her stepmothers room but she sneaks out any way selena gomez / mary / dances on this movie alot this movie is saffty and privacy they do not drink and do drugs they do not have bad laungae they do not have sex it is not vilioent it is a very greAT role model they have positive messages and some educational value

Adult Written byTinaSoFly01 February 14, 2012

Very good movie

i like this movie and other cinderella storys there all good

Adult Written byallisynn January 14, 2012

veryy veryy good(:

this is a great movie and trying to find somewhere my daghuter can whach it at!

Adult Written bylizzy345 January 7, 2012

movie of the year

My child realy liked it and I did too. It should be on netflix.

Adult Written byI'm the cute January 3, 2012

The girl

I think that it teaches us the behavior and not to be bad with any friend even if he/she 's poor
Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

disappointing

I do not think this was appropriate. Some scenes were slightly suggestive and the main guy is apparently way older than Selena.
Parent of a 11-year-old Written by[email protected] June 2, 2011

Nice diseny movie

its a cute movie just like the orginal Cinderlla Story with Ms. Hilary Duff just a little different and has Selena Gomez btw very nice actress i like her oh and Drew Seeley also a very nice actor the movie is good for all ages!
Parent of a 6 and 9-year-old Written byjustaddlaughter April 7, 2011

Great message about being yourself and not letting others who bully you get you down.

Mary is bullied by her house-mates and school-mates, but she is always true to herself. It's a great start to talking about bullying and how to handle it and why kids shouldn't do it.

Adult Written bySherelle December 2, 2010

Sherelle

I am a young child who has watched this and it is non-violence so kids from ages 9+ can enjoy it with family,friends or any other person you can think of and i will rate it as a PG for parental guidance aswel as U for univerisal . Children can learn lots of moves and practice at home as long as its not to dangerous in that enviroment

Parent of a 2, 3, and 4-year-old Written byDuh2002 August 27, 2009

perfect for any age

Love it lots of music and dancing

Parent of a 8-year-old Written bytgrtym July 12, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

I love Selena Gomez and think she is a talented and beautiful young actress. My eight year old daughter loves her and wanted to watch the movie. Thinking it was just like Princess Protection Program, I thought nothing of it. I was SHOCKED to see the steamy dance moves and bedroom scene. This was a Disney movie?

Parent of a 3 and 9-year-old Written bymskclandry April 8, 2009
I rented this movie for my 9 yo daughter and her friend. Between myself and the other adults, we were shocked that this was only rated PG. Turned it off after 10 minutes.

Adult Written bybhagyas April 7, 2009
i like this movie,very much.i love drew.......
Adult Written byjpalin March 20, 2009
For a tween movie, it was perfectly fine. The current spin on the classic tale was interesting to see, even though it's been done before. It had nothing that the kids wouldn't expect a senior in high school to be doing...kissing boys, etc. The problem lies with the younger set - my 7 year old wanted to see it because it was Selena Gomez, and my older daughter was watching it. My 11 year old loved it...the music and the dancing especially. Of course I wish there were no kissing, or foul language, or sexy dancing. But is that realistic for a high school movie? High School Muscial did it, but for Disney to do the same thing in this might be too much to hope for. Like anything, if accompanied by a open conversation about your concerns and your family's value systems, it's fine.