Kid reviews for Another Cinderella Story

Selena Gomez brings fresh pop fun to an old tale.

Wondering if Another Cinderella Story is OK for your kids?

Teen, 14 years old Written bynataliedance June 23, 2011

To those of you complaining, this is NOT a Disney movie, it's Warner bros. And a great one.

I'm 15 and I absolutely adore this movie. I'm a dancer and believe the moves they do to be perfectly normal and completely appropriate. There are a few hip action moves, but it is not bad at all, as that is typical modern dance. Selena and Drew are wonderful and so is Jane. There's nothing wrong with it and I think it's appropriate for all ages. Any kid young enough for some parts to be "inappropriate" aren't going to understand what they are referencing anyway, so I think it's fine. And since when was kissing considered inappropriate!? That is ridiculous. And yes there's a "bed scene", but they are simply talking to each other, I do that with my friends all the time just like that and that doesn't mean we are going to have sex. And one last note, THIS IS NOT A DISNEY MOVIE. It's a Warner brothers movie. So stop saying "oh my gosh I can't believe Disney did this!!!" it was shown on Disney but, of course, they took out all parts that weren't "Disney friendly". It's a great movie full of music, dance, comedy, and fun. The situations displayed are typical for high school seniors and not inappropriate at all. Hope this helped! :)
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2020

great movie

Teen, 16 years old Written bysel10 December 15, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written bySelena GG September 25, 2019

Not appropriate for little girls

While some parents think this movie probably had too much sexiness and language, really, the stepmother drinking thing isn't a big deal, because they don't show partying or drunk scenes, and those two words were very mild slang words compared to ass and bitch from the opening song in A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song. Besides, the only sexy scenes was probably the fans trying to impress Joey Parker, and the bedroom scene (but I think he was only trying to kiss her in that scene). Anyway, only kids twelve and up would be old enough to watch these things and not copy certain acts from it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaw21252 April 15, 2019

Favorite Movie!

This is my favorite movie ever. The acting, dancing, and everything else was spectacular. The language was hardly bad at all. There is some kissing, but it's pretty mild and nothing bad. Overall, this was one of my favorite movies, and I would totally watch it again!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byButterfly 1112004 March 9, 2019

It the best but.....

There is one really bad word like lame a**, and the mom in the story out fits is bad

Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperbiney November 17, 2018

YOU MUST WATCH IF YOU ARE INTO A GOOD DANCING MOVIE!!!

It has a very good plot line and i was watching it just to see what it was like, and i loved it! the songs are currently stuck in my head! It is very good and I think that everyone should watch it. The only reason why it should be 7 and up is that there is some cursing, but if you are not paying attention, you would miss it. I didn't even know that one of the bad words was there. It sounded like the character said, "Man." It's a really good pop movie/cinderella with an interesting twist at the end.

Teen, 13 years old Written byavadeer September 2, 2018

Favorite childhood movie

A bit too much suggestive content but it’s not too much unless your kid is mature enough to know what it is about and the jokes but again most kids by that age will know so yeah but it’s overall a great movie I personally really like it I caught some minor language “damn” “tramp” “fricken” “ass” and then a few cutesy kisses and a couple of ‘awkward’ scenes

Teen, 16 years old Written bycommonsensemedia10 September 1, 2018

entertaining, but some sensitive material

1st: I think that if the movie is airing on Disney Channel or on demand under the Disney Channel section, then they omit the less appropriate references. So if you are watching that version, then it is perfect for ALL AGES!! It has great role models for characters who believe in themselves and are confident!
2nd: If you are watching the (original) Warner Bros edition, there are a few inappropriate references (ex: allusions to sex, Tami references putting up her middle finger to someone, and Tami also refers to their high school as "our lame a** high school" -- JUST TO NAME A FEW THINGS). Although I think these references may fly right over some little kids' heads, I also think that it wouldn't be the best idea to expose kids to these things. If you believe that your child is mature enough to handle the language and references, then they probably are. But, if you don't think they are mature enough, then chances are they shouldn't be watching the movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytheCreated2001 January 4, 2018

This Movie is So Amazing

This movie is wonderful. Lots of memorable characters and cool music/dance with a happily ever after ending...
Teen, 14 years old Written byPaige Demo January 3, 2018
Teen, 16 years old Written bySabrina santos July 1, 2017

O melhor filme

Faz aprender que se aproveitar e ruim e que mentira tem perna curta e faz justo o ditado: "quem ri por último ri melhor"
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2016

Totally Awesome!!!!!

I fell in love with the movie at the beginning!!! It's not a Disney movie either because if it were a Disney movie, it would have been terrible. But it's awesome! I wouldn't recommend it for little kids though. It has some alcohol reference and some suggestive material, and some mild profanity, but in my opinion, that's what makes it even better! So it's really great!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2015

really good

i think it is a very great movie i think that if you would watch it you would love it ! my review is ******************
F.Y.I this [*****] is stars

Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2015

Great dance

A lot of good music and dancing. But near the end, Dominique said to a boy who was dancing ballet that ballet is for girls which upset me a little. After all, it's a really good movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written by141739cuto August 2, 2013

It's okay but it's good if ure at least 10-12 yrs old

On of the step sisters goes to Joe and says "I am here for some f***k"

Teen, 14 years old Written byfreddygirl11 July 19, 2013

Another Cinderella Story

It is a great movie, but I noticed a lot of sexy dance moves, a girl throws a Pepsi on another girl and Coke machines all over a school, and a little bit of drinking, mainly done by Dominic. A creepy scene to me is when Mary pulls the dog out of a pile of clothes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMwah April 18, 2013

The Best DVD Ever!

i think this is a really good dvd for kids that love to dance or any person that loves to dance because it also learn people to dance and it is a excellence movie.

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2013

a good movie

i think this is an excellent movie but the dancing is very sexy and it would not be appropriate for anyone under the age of 21.

Teen, 13 years old Written byopentherainbow December 31, 2012