Kid reviews for Aquaman

Underwater origin story has lots of comic book action.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2018

Origin Story has a ton to offer

Great action sequences with the adequate touch of humour,Aquaman might just be the best DC Movie since the Dark Knight

Teen, 15 years old Written byStarkiller567 December 19, 2018

Aquaman: Great characters, lazy writing

Let start off by saying that this is a good movie. It has lots of family themes and good messages. Sadly, lots of the lines are not well written and some of the acting is not great. The characters are really great. Kids and teens will love it for all of the action and fighting. There is LOTS of fighting/action sequences. There’s a couple of jump scares, too. There’s some blood when people or creatures are attacked. There’s not a lot of sexual content besides some cheesy lines between Aquaman and Mera. Not a lot of language either. It’s a perfect movie for the family during the holiday season!

Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2018

Nobody Is Perfect

This movie had some swearing and a lot of violence but it had a lot of great messages and some pretty good role models. But the best part about this movie is that the "bad guys" were good and bad and the "good guys" were good and bad. It also showed that the "bad guys" were trying to stop pollution but only handled it in a bad way. Even Aquaman did bad things and admitted it. Also, Aquaman is my favorite superhero but most kids did not know about him until this movie came out. Overall I think that this was a truly amazing movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byThePredator December 16, 2018

MIND BLOWN, actually amazing!!

This was a faultless movie. The story line was amazing, the actors are perfect for the role, its a perfect family movie, and you should definitely go watch it!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDanbail613 December 24, 2018

I saw this today at the theaters, and it was pretty great. More interesting than most DC films.

Merry Christmas, everyone, by the way, it's Christmas Eve today. And also, you can request a movie for me to review, and I can do it, as long as I've seen it before. So, I saw this at an IMAX theater today, and it was pretty good. But I must say, DC Comics is not my favorite superhero studio, but Marvel is. This is absolutely not as good as Marvel, but I liked this movie. Aquaman is one of my favorite DC heroes, my favorite would probably be Batman. Although, the movie was very long. The cinematography was brilliant, some of the storyline was great, the hero did a good performance. The storyline started to get fantastic starting with the aquarium scene where the shark defends him. Now, here is the content guide, it's definitely not for 11 and under, you might, just MIGHT be able to "edit" this for 12. But, 13+ is the PERFECT age for this, because there are some creepy monsters, but nowhere NEAR as creepy as "The House With A Clock In Its Walls". Positive Messages: Yes, plenty. Aquaman isn't arrogant, and (spoiler alert: the main antagonist of the movie, his brother, does turn good). Violence: Plenty of shooting, some stabbing, but hardly any blood. Though, the scene where they're on the boat, and those raptor-looking monsters is a little too much for 11 and under, and when the heroes stab them, blood gushes out. (Skip for 12 and under). And, when Aquaman tries to look for the trident, towards the end of the movie, this creepy-sounding and looking monster appears, although this monster isn't as bad as the ones I mentioned. And a couple scenes happen, where these barracuda-looking fish open their mouths, which might frighten the youngest of viewers. Sex: None. Drugs or Drinking: None. Language: Infrequent. A couple uses of the "a" word and the "s" word, and one use of the "d" word meaning male business. And one use of "screw", but not in the appropriate way because he adds the word "you" at the end of it, even though that's not a bad word, that is a little strong, so I'm just warning ya! Anyways, it's a pretty good movie, and I enjoyed it, and it reminded me of Pirates Of The Caribbean and Finding Nemo.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke6671 December 21, 2018

One of my favourite dc films!

Aquaman is one of the best dc films they have made! I love this film so much because the visual effects were gorgeous! Thre scenes with the sharks and turtles and all of the colours looked so real! The story that have chosen to tell about Arthur curry’s life is great! James wan tells a different story than usual and I think he did a great job! The movie leaves you wanting for more! I have no doubt that there going to be a sequel in the near future!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJack321 December 24, 2018

Omg!!!the best DC movie ever GO WATCH THIS NOW

Hands down the best DC movie ever and one of the best super hero films of this year GO WATCH THIS NOW very good super hero movie very good fantasy action and CGI there is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie maybe a few scenes not for kids but overall a fantastic movie MPAA PG-13 BBFC 12A

Kid, 10 years old December 26, 2018

Best DCEU movie of all time!!!

Amazing movie great plot, awesome action scenes and more! This movie has a lot of violence not much blood, but it is still there and quite visible. Talks about actual world problems like how humans throw so much garbage into the ocean. There is swearing but most of it isn’t that bad they use hell, and dam. Also they use the f word 2 times but it is hard to hear I only heard it because I wanted to hear everything. Romance wise kissing and two adults lying in bed the male rubbing his wife’s pregnant stomach( no private parts are shown). They do drink in a bar scene but other wise no smoking or drugs. There are some creepy monsters but they ain’t very scary I was barely even fased. People crack alto of jokes. Overall amazing movie very light harted and great, but if you can’t handle infinity war then you probably won’t be able to handle aquaman.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCharles01 December 22, 2018

Aquaman

Aquaman. Graphics are amazing and the action ediquette but the story line was complete crap. The camera was everywhere I thought I was going to vomit. But like every other DC movie (except for Wonder Woman) the budget was focused on the CGI. I give it a 6/10
Teen, 13 years old Written bySipteainhood January 9, 2019

Eh.. bad

It was Ok-at The CGI and effects where pretty similar to other action movies. Storyline was terrible and the costume looked dodgy as hell. Worst movie I’ve watched since months ago. I would recommend 7 and up considering there is mild blood, scary events, some drinking and a lot of consumerism with attempted execution. Kids under 7 might not understand the movie..

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviedude1234 January 24, 2019

BEST MOVIE OF 2019

VERY mild cursing, but has lots of positive mesasges, all NORMAL kids should LOVE this movie. There is violence, but that is just your typical superhero movie. Your tweens and teens would love this movie its great. Very well made and has much to offer.

Teen, 14 years old Written by1drakefan December 17, 2018

Aquamazing

I was lucky enough to go see this movie with a few friends at a sneak preview on saturday a full 5 days before the thursday night previews for it. I must say it is the best DC movie ever made in 10 years as the dark knight was released 10 years and 4 months before aquaman. Just go see it. thats all i have to say.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeone22 January 3, 2019

Disappointing!

Stupid. Just stupid Only very small children will enjoy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byadude December 21, 2018

Better than it has any right to be

Aquaman. The laughingstock of the mainstream audience. Fans of the comics will be well aware of his immensely satisfying and cool reboot but for most us we'll be going in with memories of those old cartoons wherein a dull voiced blonde dude dressed like a maniac rides around a giant sea horse. The movie, however, effectively captures the new feel of Aquaman, delivering an acceptably serious yet not oppressive tone and action scenes that are really some of the best you'll see this year. However it is not all pizza and ice cream, the special effects range from breath taking to early 2000s videogame cutscene. The acting can be good (Patrick Wilson, Jason Momoa, Willem DaFoe, person who played Mera whose name escapes me, and Nicole Kidman) or it can be bad (Black Manta, Mera's Father, and extras all of whom probably have names but I'm too lazy to google them.) The dialogue is often times cringy and then there's the exposition, hoo boy. There are a few ways to deliver backstory on important people and places in movies, and Aquaman opts for the clunkiest, most awkward ways possible, a choice that is admittedly bold but also infuriating. At the end of the day this movie could have been really good, you have strong performances, awesome action, and thumping music, but it's all too weighed down by the inconsistency of dialogue, the truly wearisome exposition, and the fact that, when all is said is done, super hero fatigue is starting to weigh on us all. Is it worth seeing? Absolutely, probably in theatres. Will it blow your socks off? Nah, but not every movie needs to do that. Aquaman isn't extraordinary, but it's a much needed win for the DCEU, and an enjoyable way to kill some time.

Teen, 14 years old Written bykeatonmarcus December 17, 2018

Aquaman: A huge step up for the DCEU, visually dazzling and intelligent

While DC's newest effort, Aquaman occasionally is water-logged by a weak script, the film features eye-catching special effects, a solid story and a large batch of chemistry within the cast; The film brings the best DC film to the table since The Dark Knight.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydolphin_xo January 6, 2019

Not that great

This movie is super violent and was rushed. There was some mild swearing, so it’s definitely not for younger kids. There is some good messages about it, though. Like anyone can be anything, it doesn’t matter if you’re different, and stuff like that.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLuis Diego January 6, 2019

Quite Violent

There are some scenes which can be disturbing to little kids. There is mild blood specially in a boat battle when they kill monsters with harpoons and knifes. Apart from that really low bad words worst one being badass.

Teen, 13 years old Written byceliii January 1, 2019

Not very good.

As a Marvel fan, I can't really enjoy a DC movie. Everyone has their opinions but mine isnt very positive. This movie was all over the place. There were 1000000 things going on at once and that wasnt a good thing. The acting in the start was horrible. The characters are good role models I must say, but the rest isnt very good. The procducers have put a lot of effort and that is visible but any Marvel movie is better than this DC one.

Teen, 16 years old Written byZachReviews December 31, 2018

Light hearted fun. A little corny

This movie is a great release from the dark, and underwhelming, DC universe. It is a great source of fun partially because it is a stylish action, adventure with a great lead in Jason Mamoa. The supporting characters in Amber Heard and Patrick Wilson are great. The only issue is the comedy in this movie are sometimes a little off point. As of age restrictions, besides a little cursing any young teen can watch this
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 December 29, 2018

Outstanding Superhero epic revives DC. I am speechless

This totally outdone its self and blasted right out of the water with expectations. I had Medium expectations, because I have not liked DC in the past, but this movie was amazing. The visuals were dazzling and the action scenes were fantastic. This was so thrilling and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. My 10 year old brother does not like movies (he can't sit still for that long, he gets bored very easily, no he does not have ADHD or anything) he only likes Star Wars, The Greatest Showman, and that's about it. But after this long (but entertaining thrill ride) he said it was better than most Star Wars, and I agree being a SW fan but not a huge one. This movie was just a reviving movie for DC Comics and I hope there will be a second one (stay for the post credit scene *hint hint*). James Wan is known for his famous Horror Movies (Conjuring Universe, Lights Out, Insidious, Saw, etc.) this one was just so unexpected and fantastic. Though watch out for some jump scares, James Wan of course had to add a "scary element". I feel like this origin story was very well done and unlike any movie. Go see it! My MPAA rating: PG-13: (for extended scenes of underwater action and peril)