All parent member reviews for Arctic Tale

Parent Written byclairemaxmom April 21, 2012

the site's review forgot about the part where they leave behind the baby

I think the review by this site was appropriate, because it lets parents know that the polar bears do some things that are disturbing. But it left out the scene where the mom bear LEAVES BEHIND her baby, presumably to die. This was too much for my 7 year old, and almost too much for me!
Adult Written byBvetti April 9, 2008

Global Warming 101 for kids

My 6 yr. old and I saw this movie at a preview screening. It was a good introduction to global warming for older kids. The message was a little over her head, but it gave me a chance to explain it to her in terms she could relate to. She is very tenderhearted when it comes to animals and did cry a few times- it may be upsetting to younger kids because of some animal violence. Beautiful and interesting photography and commentary. We came home and the next day finished changing our lights over to compact flourescents!
Adult Written bykapooley April 9, 2008

LOVED IT

Our entire family LOVED this movie. Their was no political message, it was honest to the fact that things are changing in the world and I think they did a beautiful job of articulating that to children of all ages. My children are 3 and 5 and they understood what was going on and enjoyed it, it also gave them an opportunity to ask questions and have a good discussion about our world.