All parent member reviews for Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Parent of a 5 and 10 year old Written bymichugalug July 22, 2010

The "sexy stuff" and violence was what made me NOT want my 10-year-old to see it

Unless you fast-forward it, this movie contains a scene with a woman with a low-cut, tight dress, cleavage and a long slit. She rubs her bare thigh, takes off her fur shawl, lets the shoulder strap fall down and slouches down in the share, talking in a seductive tone with sexy music playing in the background. All this goes on while the man is obviously drooling over her. An old highly endowed woman states that she sleeps in the nude and the men joke around that they need to put an eye mask on because she walks around (nude) at night. This is a Disney amimated movie? A robot makes a sexual proposition to a scantily clad woman with lots of cleavage. She punches him. The proposition might go over kids' heads and it is in French and whispered in her her ear, but it may also provoke questions. Later, this same female looks as though she is going to undress in front of a blue lagoon and turns to stand in a very seductive pose while the guy is awestruck with her body and sex appeal as she takes off her skirt. There is chain smoking and talk of a need for whisky, Lot's of threatening with guns and beating up people to pressure them for information. Talk of killing a civilization and it being pleasurably worth double the price. Felt like I was watching a non-animated R movie for adults. Lots of scenes with people trying to kill people. Lots of beating up. Not a movie for kids. Disney could have done so much more without all the garbage. Aside from all the inappropriate stuff for kids, it was not a good movie anyway.
Adult Written byantonlich May 24, 2015

Atlantis should remain sunk benath the sea. Where it truly belongs there!

Let's start off this movies review with the fact that I have watched the movie more than a few times and I couldn't find a proper hint of imagination or inspiration. The production rushed the film too much that the consistency in the movie is just pathetic lackluster along with too many smash cuts as in jumping from one scene and immediately to another making it sad to the fact that Atlantis is not Disney's finest work. Although the action is interesting, but the characters including Milo Thatch are completely imbalanced. Milo Thatch for example is just a worse than useless janitor working in the museum who is only fixated on cartography and extinct languages that he is completely useless in everything else such as driving a truck or otherwise. The male protagonist is just a pure example of one of the old American stereotypes. As for Kida and the Atlanteans, a once proud civilization now reduced to a bunch of primitives worshipping a mere crystal as their deity as their culture is not lost, but only forgotten. Anyways, the story is inconsistent along with the fact that none of the characters pull a hook in interest. Therefore, I would take the liberty of giving this movie one star out of five because it didn't satisfy me much less anyone else for the means of entertainment.
Adult Written byDragonsketcher1912 November 24, 2014

Why wouldn't you watch this?!?!

I honestly don't understand what people's problems are with this movie! The characters are interesting and memorable, it's got a good, is somewhat predictable story, the action is good, and it has a great story of what happens when you ignore the value of human life and lose respect for the past. People say it's bad because there's violence, we'll, there's violence going on everywhere, in movies and in real life. Yeah, one of the characters is a chain smoker, but a third of the population smokes anyway, and adults are bigger role models then cartoon characters. The action is superb and I love every second of this film. If you're into the action genre and want a movie to introduce your child to genre as well, this is the best movie for it.