All teen and kid member reviews for Atlantis: The Lost Empire

Teen, 15 years old Written byangelabovedemonbelow March 4, 2011

For tweens and teens

I saw this movie when I was very little and what I didn't remember about it was all the 'sexy stuff' nor the violence. What I remembered was a magical world with a whimpy but good-natured lead character and a very good plot. There is violence, but have a fun time not finding that in any movie today.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmiEss February 20, 2011
The comment below is really over-exaggerating... This is a great movie. I really can't put into words how much I love it. I saw it in the theater with my dad when it first came out when I was 4 and it's been my favorite ever since. People who think this movie is "too much" for their kids are really taking it too seriously and trying to brainwash their children into thinking the world is a perfect haven. Really, just let them watch it. It's such an amazing movie. Oh, also- this doesn't really matter here as far as appropriateness, but the soundtrack is PHENOMENAL.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoonCrystal May 15, 2011

An Unknown Disney Master Piece

It's been my favorite sinse it came out. Non only is the animation and music gorgious behond all means, it has a magical touch. Many complain about the violence and 'sexiness' -when, I didn't even notice, nor did I care when I watched this film. My mother allowed me to watch as well, and she even enjoys it. Milo is a smart boy (some may label- nerd) and he doesn't give up on his dream to find Atlantis, even if it meant bunking with a crew that cares mostly about the money. They are taking serious risks on their mission- in a result of a few people lost (a candle was lit in their honor). Yes, there are a few guns and shooting- but nobody is shot streight on, the king is punched by the antoganist- resulting with internal bleeding. A few 'sexy' scenes are there- but little kids won't even get it- nor will they care really. This movie is indeed a master piece, dispite the little things. The characters have a soul- something you don't see much in today's entertainment. The Atlantians care about eachother, and when the outsiders came- Kida- (my picture/princess) tried to bond with them instead of fending them off as her father said should be done. The crew on the voyage to Atlantis changed heart the longer they stayed. Adults are overreacting over this beautiful and underrated film. People need to take a chill pill, drink some fruit juice, and watch the movie and let go of their over protective stride.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob Haimovitz April 23, 2013

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is a scarier and more intense disney movie

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is too scary for kids it's got a lot of action violence in it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byashleytales August 8, 2012

Nothing wrong with it

When I saw this movie, I saw the candle lit in the honor of the deaths and was CONFUSED. I had no idea that people died. I wasn't even sure why they did that. I didn't realize people died until I was much older, the same way adult jokes went over my head. First off, I'd like to say that the sleeping in the nude line was NOTHING. It was an old lady saying that! I laughed as a kid because so many little kids complained about how their grandma slept naked. We were kids and we found it gross. So when the other characters were grossed out by it, we laughed! Kids don't need to be guarded by every little thing. Even if I had noticed that people died, do you really think it will scar me? Kids know that people die sometimes. As long as it wasn't Milo or Kida, I think we will be fine. If kids could handle MUFASA dying in the lion king, they should be able to handle the random soldiers in Atlantis. There really is nothing wrong with this movie. It was my favorite as a child. It definitely has educational value and there is a lesson to be learned from it. Also, Milo is a very positive role model. He's so nice and stays true to what he believes in. This movie is a MUST and its great.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2010

I Can't Believe That Disney Can Make Violent Cartoons

OMG,this movie is so violent,with the punch,the guns,and the blood,plus the "not important" cigarette and martini,and the "kida's bikini", this movie is too violent,thank god tis movie is PG,if not,your son will be like a gangster guy.
Kid, 9 years old July 12, 2015

I came down the chimney, ho, ho, ho.

You will not be disappointed by this movie. There is beautiful animation, and Princess Kida should be recognized more. It also helps that Michael J. Fox is in it. (My 2nd favorite actor.) I also like Audrey. She's really cool, and of course, there's her best line, "It's about time someone hit him, I'm just sorry it wasn't me." And then, there's "I came down the chimney, ho, ho, ho." Well done, Helga.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNathan.G123 April 17, 2014

Atlantis review

Atlantis was an action packed adventure that any young boy 8 and older would love. I was still very surprised in Disney and the amount of violence put into this movie. It showed a great number of people dying at once. There are a few tragic scenes like in the very begging a large wave takes over an enormous civilization killing almost everyone. Though you don't see anyone dying you know that are. In another scene in the movie a large sub departs with a crew of about 200 later the same sub is attacked by a robot lobster looking thing tragically nearly all of the crew dies again you don't see them die but it is very obvious especially when the remaining crew puts a candle near the shore for respect. there are also a few explosions and hand to hand combat with very little blood. This also had some strong messages about greed and betrayal. I would defiantly not consider the villain in the movie to be scary just intimidating unlike the evil queen or other Disney villains he's really just an average Joe he has no powers or anything just a gun and a fist. he appears a little scary just before his explosive death when he is blue with ice and has fire in his eyes. as far as sexy stuff goes not much to worry about a women mentions she sleeps nude and another character wears a bathing suit that makes the other character blush. overall I say age 8 even though it is a bit violent for a Disney animated film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHappy Bookworm May 18, 2013

Favorite Disney Movie!

Some of these comments are exaggerated... there's a lot of violence, and Kida's clothes are very revealing, but I love it! It's so underrated. The graphics are absolutely amazing! The plot is engaging. Of course it has violence. It's an adventure movie! It could be too intense for some kids, however. Oh, and Helga Sinclair somehow gets into Milo's apartment in the beginning and talks in a seductive tone while showing a bare leg in a rather revealing dress. Milo is a positive role model, he stands up for what is right even though the crew turned on him.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan February 2, 2012

Great Sci-Fi fun for kids and families!

OK, this is a great movie! The apocalyptic scences were not bad at all, since everyone lived Violence was a little bad,with one major charecter and many minor charecters deahs, but nothing worse than Lion King or Tarzan. 6+!
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina August 8, 2010

A beautiful movie that got rated lower than needed

Okay, the lady/person that commented below is true, there is all of that stuff, but when I was little, at least when I was four or five, I have watched this movie and I remember no bad influencing. I actually obsessed over this movie (followed by the mocking of my peers) and I saw it as magical, interesting, and a whole new story on a new/old civelization. Creative new animation, interesting story backgrounds, beautiful scenery and music, it was very well done, I wish they didn't add all of the sexual stuff though, that could have been left out. But this is still one of my most favorite movies. None of that stuff ever affected me, and my mom let me watch it. I remember I loved this movie in 1st grade and I dont remember mimiking the behavior on the movie. I'm suprised it didn't get rated higher, and I still wonder why Princess Kida isn't consittered a Disney Princess, she's a princess, and she's from Disney.. she dresses almost like Princess Jasmin, so her dress code cant be the reason. And it shows how the friends in the movie stick together, and they gave up the money offer. It was just an amazing movie, I'd let my kids watch it, of course not when they're 2 or something.. oh, there was a lady smoking, but that never infulenced me to smoke, it looked iky, my mom calls ciggarets ikys... and the violence included killing the king (only with a punch) and Dr.Sweet and Milo are in his care, there was also guns, but nobody got shot, although Helga got pushed off of an aircraft, but it showed her barely alive on the ground. But, again, none of this affected me, but it might affect others, but I was at least 4 when this movie came out and I fell inlove with it. Better than Hannah Montana anyways.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAtlanticSkies May 8, 2010

Dive Dive Dive into this movie

Why is this movie not well known? I love this movie! Only 1 person rated it besides me. It isn't fair that stupid things are interviewed more than awesome things like this movie. Its beautiful and well done! And Princess Kida isn't even a part of the disney princess collection! She's a princess, and she's Disney!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeliefs-Wonder May 1, 2010
I love this movie, its magical, its wonderus, I just LOVE it.There may be something ya'll be scared of though. Cuz there's scary monsters, and guns. Other wise WATCH it.