Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

'90s James Bond spoof has tons of sex, crude humor.

Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byFilmFanatic March 8, 2014

Very raunchy, lots on innuendo

Loads of raunchy jokes, innuendo and almost nudity. Austin Powers constantly makes sexual references and calls women "baby" all the time. His behavior is VERY impressionable on children and will most likely be repeated by the youngsters. Be away this may also include catchphrases such as "Do I make you horny?" and "Do you wanna shag?" or something along those lines. Explaining the meaning of these words/phrases can be uncomfortable for both you and your child. I wouldn't watch it WITH your kids because it can cause some serious awkward moments but at 13+ its probably ok for them to watch it with friends.

Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Average

Not to good a waist but the spy who shagged me is alot mor funny
Parent Written byFanBoyJosh314 June 14, 2016

If you're still living in the '60s, you're out-of-date

Mike Myers is a super spy who was frozen during the '60s and has now been thawed out in order to fight crime in the '90s. SEX POINTS; Lots of scenes show Austin naked, and while inanimate objects cover up his private parts, his butt is still visible. There are also naked woman with inanimate objects covering their private parts. Lots of sexual innuendo and kissing as well. VIOLENCE POINTS; Off screen, a few men are shot and burned. People are killed with no blood to be seen. There is threatening with guns as well as choking, fistfights, and some explosions. LANGUAGE POINTS; There are a few bleeped out F-words, 2 damns, 2 hells, 1 sh*t, 2 asses, and 2 goddamns

Adult Written byaidans1 April 4, 2015
Written byAnonymous November 26, 2018
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byDylan1226 March 18, 2019

Really funny, but wait until your kids are teenagers

Really funny movie, but this was an instance of showing my kids a movie and wishing later that I had waited another couple years. I knew going in that there were a ton of sexual references, but it was worse than I remembered. It's not like my kids (13 and 11) are scarred as a result, but I probably should have waited a little longer.

Adult Written byVohaul February 16, 2019

Should've been rated R

I can't believe this was marketed to kids. I know this is a parody of James Bond, but they overdid it on the sexual references. This was even referenced on The Amanda Show.

Adult Written byacbartons February 11, 2019