Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Avengers: Endgame

Intense but satisfying finale is an epic gift to MCU fans.

Parent Written byCriticus April 24, 2019

Avengers: Endgame - The End of the Road

Well, you've heard it said time and time again - the culmination of 22 films, spanning a decade and untold billions of revenue and budget costs, the most comprehensive mythological database ever presented on screen, an incredible range of world-class talent, and all the rest. Yep, this is the "end of the road" Tony started us on. To reveal anything particular about the plot really kills most of the fun viewers will experience watching this film, so I'm going to be deliberately vague. Basically, the closest thing to a spoiler you've heard coming up to this film (and someone has done an incredible job maintaining a magnificent level of secrecy on Endgame that truely does pay off in a grand way) is the fact that the entire movie a big spoiler. To quote Mister Skywalker: "This is not going to go the way you think!" It's entirely comparable in my opinion to Infinity War, and anyone who found anything of merit in that instalment will find a similar worth in this one. It's not revealing too much to say that this one's something of a tear-jerker, so prepare for some pretty heavy thematic moments. Language is probably the first concern, which is fairly typical of a Marvel flick - a whole bunch of "sh**", "d*mn", "SOB", "ass", "g*damn", one abuse of Our Lord's name, "p*ssed", etc. All as CSM lists. As expected, Endgame doesn't throw us any curveballs in regards to content eliciting parental concern. Violence is typical - the usual dismemberment and bloodying we're used to from other fight sequences. Probably it's worth taking note that as the tone of this film can be considerably darker than past movies, the violence could be more hard-hitting. In the erotic category, there's nothing to worry about, except as CSM states: Brief kisses/embraces between a few romantic couple." Enjoy the movie. It's been one crazy ride, and going forward, things will never be the same.

Adult Written bykartika April 24, 2019

Adult Written bySTIJOTOMY April 25, 2019

Super and fantastic

Adult Written byMomjeans2 April 26, 2019

A good film

Obviously lots of battles, but not too gory. There is one scene where a guy gets throat slashed. A little blood but not too bad (not a main character. Some bad words but used comically and again, nothing that bad. Good story. No sexual content. The battle scenes are big, but not bloody and lightened up at times with bits of comedy. A main character does die at the end and it is sad but it's done respectfully and not overly dramatic. I would say 9 or 10 minimum age (if they have already seen avengers movies). 3 hours, but didn't get boring.

Adult Written byAhmedcc April 26, 2019
Parent Written byT Shirt December 8, 2018

I watched this at a private screening; movie isn't completely done.

Amazing movie. The plot would shock you, but unfortunately, I am not allowed to tell you what it is. There is the same amount of violence as Infinity War, and some dirty jokes and some language. I recommend this movie to teens to watch in May.

Adult Written byOscar S. April 26, 2019

Excellent film to culminate MCU ride!!

Saw it today with my kids and they loved it. You should have a minimal previous understanding of the movies or you’ll miss 40% of the fun. At minimum: Infinity War Civil War Black Panther Age of Ant Man and the Wasp Problem is that the whole movie is homage to all movies. Yet you will enjoy it a lot. There is at the beginning of the movie a (spoiler alert) head dismemberment that is quite impressive. But most is comic book style fights and battles. Must go to bathroom just before the movie because ut does last 3 hours all worthwhile.

Parent Written byCooldudeben75 April 24, 2019
Adult Written byA.shokry April 25, 2019

Adult Written byHonest review TN April 26, 2019

Too many cuss words for kids

I feel too many cuss words for kids.

Adult Written byamfm April 27, 2019

Worst ending ever. Beats the latest StarWars trash

I went. I saw no action until half way, which lasted about 15 minutes. Three hours of irrelevant talking and explaining, characters Hulk and Thor are very effectively degraded. Wait until the movie appears on DVD, don't bother blueray. Definitely a big F
Parent Written byDaphne0012 April 27, 2019

Could’ve skipped the decapitations and still been good

I usually wait to see the reviews posted here before taking my kids to see a movie but this one created so much anticipation that I took the risk. I took my 9 and 11 yo kids to see it. Generally we liked it. There weren’t too many moments where I thought maybe I would need to do some explaining after the film. I think Thor’s heavy drinking without a definitive “overcoming of the problem” could’ve been handled better bc it ultimately is a beloved Superhero not dealing with his problems correctly and not setting a good example. They also cut Captain Marvels nice long hair really short and gave a dumb explanation for it. Idk what that was about. In general I liked the movie and felt genuinely excited in several moments. My kids laughed, cried and were on the edge of their seats several times. A couple of ads for Audi cars. One of the avengers became a cold blooded murderer for a while. The ending got slow even for the kids. We all enjoyed it nevertheless.

Adult Written byLISHIN T April 26, 2019

The greatest epic

The team work
Adult Written by9-year Old Army April 27, 2019

The Best Marvel Movie So Far

It was worth the wait... The best Marvel movie I've seen... and I've seen nearly all of them. The theaters were popping for this film... A few uses of SOAB and the S word including other forms of it but most of them are inaudible, and there aren't as frequent. Two or three kisses, and a mention of a characters butt a few time (non-sexual), a bit of blasphemy but not infrequent. Obviously violence included, but the general marvel violence, and fits in the PG-13 rating... so not bad. In all, amazing and worth to watch. Quite Inspirational with a great message. Whatever it Takes!

Adult Written bySdjup2k8 April 26, 2019

Great movie, still with agenda.

This movie was great, if you want to shield your kid from violence and strong language, I'd say 13+. I'm more concerned with making sure there are no sexual themes. Heres where I was disappointed and want to give parents a heads up. There is a scene, where cap is holding a group therapy session for survivors and there is a pointless reference where a man states that he was on a date with another man. Something that kids 8 and above will pick up on if they know what a date is. There is also focus on captain Americas @$$ however jokingly, inappropriate and unnecessary for kids. Kids love avengers too, let's be more mindful is all I can say to directors.

Adult Written bydaimonhellstorm April 28, 2019

One of the greatest Comic book movie

Family, kids, Teenage, old anyone can enjoy this movie

Adult Written byVidhushan April 26, 2019

Adult Written bydjblue3 April 27, 2019

Best MCU movie yet is less intense than Infinity War

Avengers: Endgame was the most amazing movie, period. And it was a thousand times less violent and intense than Infinity War. That being said there is still lots of typical superhero violence. Key characters also die. A character at one point is decapitated and another slits a bad guys throat ruthlessly and stabs him. Amazing movie, but still a bit intense. Also, some “s--t,” “hell,” “son of a bitch,” etc. Also, Thor is drunk for a chunk of the movie and asks frequently for beers,

Adult Written byShurvir Mori April 26, 2019

One of the best movie in Avenger series

Adult Written bysachinstark April 26, 2019

This is the best movie in my life

This is the best movie in our life