Parent reviews for Baby Driver

Car-centric crime action is stylish but shallow, violent.

Adult Written byStevie111 June 27, 2017

Outstanding crime film from Edgar Wright

Edgar Wright created yet another masterpiece with Baby Driver. It is different for him, but still cool and just great. The cast all perform well. The story is somewhat familiar, but it stands out and is plenty original. The music aspect is done very well, too. It does add to the movie. It is fairly mild for an R rated movie. It can be pretty violent, but it never, in my opinion, went too far or was too graphic. The language is fairly strong, but not excessive. Teens that can handle violence and stronger language should be fine. There is little other mature content. I feel it has very broad appeal. It doesn't really fall into one genre. I highly recommend this film.

Adult Written byGat D. July 9, 2017

Dumbest movie since 3 Amigos!

Dumb! No plot. No point! The movie is disjointed. Jamie Fox and Kevin Spacey should be ashamed and embarrassed to be a part of this endeavor. Just a waste of time and money. So cliche...contrived. And, it is sooo boring!!! Don't bother.

Adult Written byJesse D. July 3, 2017

Absolutely fine, and very well made.

He was 100% clean if you can look past some violence and occasional cursewords. There was absolutely no sex, drugs, or questionable themes.
Adult Written byWho are u June 15, 2019

Honestly

Hi I am in middle school and honestly the things ur kids hear in middle school is worse than the cussing in the movie.
Parent Written byGillian M. January 13, 2018

NOT suitable for anyone under 18

We watched this with our 15 year old daughter - in the UK, this movie is rated 15. I’ll admit, I had my doubts about it, but tried to be open-minded. I should have listened to my instincts: this movie is like watching a blood bath. It’s extemely violent and I don’t even think my 18 year old daughter would have enjoyed this. I’m 43 and it freaked me out! The script is just constant swearing and it is full of gratuitous violence - shootings mainly and murder a -plenty. It’s also highly depressing. The entire movie is just horrible. Avoid!

Adult Written byMari-Anne M. November 22, 2017

Baby Driver Review

Baby driver is my all-time favourite movie. It's a big budget movie, which has a great plot and a powerful meaning behind it. The relationship between the bank robbers and baby got a bit violent at times, but one time, when they were doing one of their jobs, things got pretty serious. The bank robbers seemed to be pretty wacky at times. Baby was flawed, but he got all of his jobs done and got them done very well, I would say. Baby's driving was very edgy and epic. He was so professional despite his very young age. His driving was at times pretty frightening because you never knew if it was gonna end well or not. The endings of their "small" and quick jobs weren't predictable at all. The background music was very powerful and I think music was a very important addition to this movie. It explained so much of what was going on or what Baby was thinking of or what he was feeling. The film was very gripping at all time, you never got bored of it. The ending of the movie was moving because Baby and his girlfriend got separated, but the girl waited for him to get back from prison and it all ended well. It was also very thought-provoking, I think it's because it showed that whenever you do something bad, it won't stay a secret and that you are going to have to pay for what you've done in the past. Hiding from the bad things you have done is never a solution. I recommend you to watch it.
Adult Written byCan K. October 31, 2017

The best music themed movie for 12 and up

This movie has violence and swearing in it but it shouldn't be R Rated
Parent Written bycherylbombshell July 6, 2017

Appropriate for most tweens/teens

This was a great movie, and I think that 12-13 year olds who are not scared by the sight of blood should be able to watch this. The swearing is not as bad as you may think. I also don't understand why this is so bad for kids that are practically or are teens. It's like saying that your kid can't watch Cars because there's reckless driving. Some people are just too sensitive these days,

Parent Written byBrian L. July 6, 2017

Good movie

I think that it is an appropriate movie for people of the age of 9 and up because it's just a man driving a car for a lot of the time. It's not like kids are going to be bad enough to drive a car like that.

Adult Written bythomas d. May 22, 2020

Top 5 Best Movies of All Time

I have read some of the other comments hating on this movie. Those are awful, terrible, and I am so confused on to why people don't love this movie as much as me

Adult Written byBob.S. January 21, 2020

Do not listen to common sense media on this one:

Adult Written byjojomama June 17, 2019

Stylish, fun heist movie

The choreography with the music is simply brilliant. There are some references to a girl being a stripper, drug use and a big make out scene. It is an excellent, fun ride. Lots of cussing. Great message of how Baby takes care of his care giver and gets consequences for his actions.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byTeeButOne July 30, 2017

A story of two halves

The first half is nearly perfect. The music, the stunts, the chemistry, it's all there. Unfortunately, after that, it falls into disarray and becomes unnecessarily violent and chaotic (incl. the protagonist). Definitely not for the early teen years.
Adult Written byevie_pevensie July 16, 2017

Wow just wow

First of all, Common Sense Media's review is laughably exaggerated. Sure, there was a lot of violence and language, but not a single sex/nude scene and I didn't even notice any talk about sex (or if there was, it was so subtle that it completely went unnoticed). Wonder Woman had more violence than this film. As for the language, it was excessive as was the intense chase scenes and shooting, but hey this is a heist film. If you don't like intense chase scenes with guns and bad guys, then go watch something else. I was thoroughly impressed with this movie and I don't even like heist films that much....you fall in love with the character of Baby with all his quirks and charms and that innocent feel he has about him. The bad guys were bad, and everyone got what was due to them in the end. Even Baby. I wouldn't say this was one of those righteous movies with a good moral, but it did show that leading a criminal life has it's consequences and eventually you have to face the music. All in all, this was a fantastic film with fantastic (if not a little shallow and stereotypical) characters.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written bycharlie d. July 11, 2017

best family film of 2017

Adult Written bydarthsitkur July 8, 2017

Just as much fun as firestorm

Just got back from this, it was a really great heist flick with a great soundtrack, nonstop action and suspense, plenty of laughs, a great lineup, really creative uses of the music throughout (it's almost like a musical parody), and everyone looking like they're having a blast. if you love a good fast paced, action filled, suspenseful, and fun heist film, go check this one out.
Adult Written byShrek_boy August 9, 2020

Amazing

Saw this film with my nephew a year ago and he loved it so yeah. If your kid can handle language and a bit of violence this should be fine

Adult Written byItsjohn June 26, 2020

Good for middle schoolers and up

I’m in middle school and believe me when I say that kids hear and see way worse things than are in this movie.
Adult Written bydvdgirl January 10, 2020

Not bad.

A good movie for tweens and teens. I liked it.

Adult Written byMarlena S. August 27, 2018

predictable and shallow

If you really want to watch a stupid and shallow B movie, you may consider this one - at least it's got some style. Otherwise, don't bother. It's eye-catching, but empty.