Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Back to the Future Part II

Amusing futuristic sequel more dated, edgier than original.

Parent of a 11, 13, and 16 year old Written byUKJeanine February 26, 2014

Falls short of the original.. way short!

I was disappointed and surprised by the quality of this movie. The lead character is shown considering gambling as an easy way to make money, the lead female character is portrayed as weak, the main bad guy (Biff) is shown to be abusive to women and the language throughout was PG-13 minimum. Repeated use of 'son of a b****' and 'shi*'. The lead character comments on his mother's breast implants. This combined with guns, murder, and two women in a hot tub with a lead character suggest to me a minimum of PG-13 rating.. and then, still only watch it if you're truly desperate.

Adult Written byAlokin March 2, 2014

please don't show this film to your kids

I registered with common sense just so that I could warn people not to show this film to kids- any age! For once I think the review was way off. We stopped the movie half way through and we were so glad we did- we watched the rest later so that I could tell my kids the basic plot - it is very violent, very sexist - just horrible- and also just a dreadful movie- such a disappointment as part 1 was just as great as I remembered from when I was a kid and we all really enjoyed it. My kids are 8 and 11 and I would have hated even my 11 year old to see the second half- I just wish they hadn't seen the first half. Oh yes also lots of offensive language and I am not a prude- I 'll own up to swearing occasionally myself but this was just bad.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Good Acting, Good Script, Worthy Sequel.

BACK TO THE FUTURE is a classic. I can't say as much for the second installment in the trilogy, BACK TO THE FUTURE PART 2, but it's a pretty darn good sequel. The tone in this one is darker than in the first, but the content level is pretty much the same. Langauge is, like the other one, constant, and there's a moderate amount of sex too. The married villian is shown in a bathtub with two assumably naked women (nothing but shoudlers are seen, as there are bubbles in the bath). The main characters mother, unhappily married to the villian, gestures at her breasts and says "You were the one who wanted me to get these THINGS!" Violence is mild, with a few kicks and punches. This film is worth watching if you're determined to see the entire trilogy or are a big fan of the original. The 1955 sequences from the first one, viewed at a new angle, blow your mind. The biginning 2015 sequence is a bit cheesy, but a brilliant cliffhanger patches it all up well. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were made to be in this movie together, and are brilliant onscreen. Worth watching.
Adult Written byMr. Review 76 December 24, 2018

Back to the future part II review.

Yes, Back to the future 2 may be a bit disappointing after the perfect movie that is Back to the future. However, i'm not agreeing with some of the reviews people are giving this movie. This sequal may be more darker in tone than the 1st or 3rd movie,but it's still Back to the future guys. I even go as far to say thats it's may favourite film in trilogy and my favourite movie of all time. Why? because it has 3 concepts that i find fascinating: the future, alternate realities & going back to events of previous movies in the franchise. Please watch this movie if you haven't already and watch the other 2. However, i will admit that it is more mature and dark ( but not the kind of mature you see in adult movie).

Written byAnonymous November 25, 2018

The butt review

Everyone says the movie is bad and for teenagers. Well a bit true, the movie has a bit of violence, a little drinking, with some sexual jokes about breasts. There is some cussing with sh*t, and a**hole. I mean if your child can handle this then what's the big deal? They watched the first one and that's about the same. So it shouldn't be that bad for kids 10 and under.
Adult Written byRarityfan October 1, 2018

Nice improvement

Lots of sci fi thrills, and the time travels could of course confuse some. Famous in the Brony community as the Friendship is Magic season 5 ending borrowed some parts.

Adult Written byJEM17 September 19, 2018

Adults only!!! 80’s Misogyny and Racism we all grew up with.

I let my son watch BTTF part 1. It had some bad language, weird scenes about his mom coming on to him. Then at the end a high school bully calls a black man a spook and they pretend to credit the main white kid’s character (Marty) as having given Chuck Berry the idea of Johnny B Good. These parts can be FF if you are prepared. Unfortunately that was common in 80s PG movies. However, in BTTF Part 2 you can not avoid the racism and misogyny as it is embedded in the entire movie. It’s like they intended for it to no longer be a family film. Marty sneaks back into his old house and falls into the bed of a young black girl who begins to yell rape. Dad chases Marty out with a bat and Marty realizes it’s not his home. As he walks through the neighborhood it’s dilapidated with graffiti everywhere. There are chalk outlines with fresh blood in the middle of them. He hears gunshots in the distance. And so of course, a black family moved into his house bc it’s a bad neighborhood now. Then he sees Biff’s Pleasure Paradise which looks like Trump towers in the middle of a neglected neighborhood. Cue Donald Trump parody (about the only thing this movie gets right—-for adults, that is). This movie is for adults and it’s still speckled with the racism and misogyny that we grew up with in the 80’s.

Written byAnonymous August 18, 2018
Parent of a 4, 6, and 15 year old Written byPeter N. January 4, 2018

Not as good as the first and less family friendly

Still a good movie for older ones. We're pretty liberal so a few well placed coughs when the s words were coming up got us through. I would imagine many parents would be uncomfortable with the frequent soft bad language. The misogynistic and aggressive behavior of Biff (and Griff) may raise some eyebrows but as he's a baddie his attitude is shown in a negative light. If you can get by the language and gunplay your kids will enjoy the film and it'll give them some insight into cause and effect.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U December 27, 2017

Adult Written byAllie P. October 24, 2017

Good, but not as good as the first

This movie is actually pretty awesome, even if it isn't as good as the first. The future that Biff creates may be a little scary for younger kids and there is a lot of swearing, but it's pretty light on the sexual content compared to the first movie. I disagree with the common sense review that the movie says that you should try and get wealthy if you could change the past, it is the antagonist that does that and the protagonists are harmed by his actions, so try and change it. Really godo movie.

Adult Written byPittsburghmichaels September 28, 2017

Sequel To Legendary Film is disapointing

Back To The Future Part 2 is a disappointing film. It starts out good but once the movie progresses it is crap. This film is edgy and should be rated PG-13. Their is a lot of bad language in here. There is a lot of drinking and smoking. Also One Scene shown one male character with three bikini woman in a hot tub. Their is suggestive dialogue about Breast's . I did not care for this film.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byronansuperman March 4, 2017
Parent of a 7, 9, and 11 year old Written byMamaLlama3 October 19, 2015

NOT appropriate for kids

Wow! I saw this when I was a teenager but I had forgotten much of the content. There's way too much strong language in this movie and the sexual content is too strong as well. Marty's mom is wearing a very revealing dress in one scene, Biff is in the hot tub w/ 2 naked women, even though he's married, etc. There's plenty more. I don't really recommend this to anyone, but it's especially not for kids. The story is not as good as the first one, either. Just don't waste your time.

Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015

Parent Written byFanBoyJosh314 July 1, 2015

The Time Travel Sequel

Well, as a fanboy (now a fan... well, man), I must say that I love this movie! However, there are a few issues. The violence isn't terrible, Biff threatens to shoot Marty with a gun in 1985 and talks about breaking necks. There's really not much else besides that. For Sex, there is a little bit. When Biff rules California, he and two naked ladies are in a hot tub, and in 1955, teenager Biff says that he likes Loraine better with no clothes on. Swearing is pretty bad, too. Biff uses it most, with uses "bulls#!t" quite a bit, [email protected], Marty is called an @$$#0!e, and some more.

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 24, 2014

Cartoony sequel

This might as well be Biff Tannen: The Movie. The villain of the original is featured so often in this sequel...and that wouldn't be bad except Thomas F. Wilson, who did great work on "Freaks and Geeks," absolutely chews every bit of scenery, hamming it up as past, future and present Biff. The time travel aspect is neat, and seeing an 80s cafe in a 2015 setting in an 80s movie was surreal but also very unique. Marty and the Doc are great, I just needed less Biff.
Adult Written byhtownjenny March 2, 2013

Skip it.

Coarse, lame, tons of product placement. Wish I'd steered my kids in a different direction.
Adult Written byFrankinf March 25, 2012

Great just not for the younger ones

Hard for little kids to understand but is funny as hell even for adults

Parent of a 11 year old Written by[email protected] June 30, 2011

not bad

cool movie just as good as the 1st one but i rather the orginal one yet this one was still pretty good