All parent member reviews for Back to the Future Part II

Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008

Whoa! I'm glad they made the third one even though this was so bad. Not only was it an insult to the trilogy, but it was much more inappropriate than the other two. I wouldn't even watch it with kids <12.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 24, 2014

Cartoony sequel

This might as well be Biff Tannen: The Movie. The villain of the original is featured so often in this sequel...and that wouldn't be bad except Thomas F. Wilson, who did great work on "Freaks and Geeks," absolutely chews every bit of scenery, hamming it up as past, future and present Biff. The time travel aspect is neat, and seeing an 80s cafe in a 2015 setting in an 80s movie was surreal but also very unique. Marty and the Doc are great, I just needed less Biff.
Adult Written byhtownjenny March 2, 2013

Skip it.

Coarse, lame, tons of product placement. Wish I'd steered my kids in a different direction.
Parent Written byFrankinf March 25, 2012

Great just not for the younger ones

Hard for little kids to understand but is funny as hell even for adults
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... June 30, 2011

not bad

cool movie just as good as the 1st one but i rather the orginal one yet this one was still pretty good
Adult Written bypizza31 April 9, 2011

Biff is in there a lot but it's a good movie.

Biff calls his son a son of a bi*ch which means he thinks his wife is a bi*ch.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycaptionerlady August 3, 2010

Didn't like the language

Common sense rated this 8, and usually I trust their numbers. There is a lot of swearing in this movie, so much so that we didn't even finish it.
Parent Written bynbfi2001 May 24, 2010

the "B" word used extreme
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byjcpilot February 19, 2010

The language is the only downfall to the movie. Many S words.
Adult Written byKormek April 9, 2008

Another Great Flick

Part II is just as good as the first one. It has a dark twist in the middle due to an alternate time line but other then that it's great fun for the family. Younger ones may not under it as I didn't when I was young so..just keep the young ones out. More like 10 or older would understand more.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Good Acting, Good Script, Worthy Sequel.

BACK TO THE FUTURE is a classic. I can't say as much for the second installment in the trilogy, BACK TO THE FUTURE PART 2, but it's a pretty darn good sequel. The tone in this one is darker than in the first, but the content level is pretty much the same. Langauge is, like the other one, constant, and there's a moderate amount of sex too. The married villian is shown in a bathtub with two assumably naked women (nothing but shoudlers are seen, as there are bubbles in the bath). The main characters mother, unhappily married to the villian, gestures at her breasts and says "You were the one who wanted me to get these THINGS!" Violence is mild, with a few kicks and punches. This film is worth watching if you're determined to see the entire trilogy or are a big fan of the original. The 1955 sequences from the first one, viewed at a new angle, blow your mind. The biginning 2015 sequence is a bit cheesy, but a brilliant cliffhanger patches it all up well. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were made to be in this movie together, and are brilliant onscreen. Worth watching.