Parent reviews for Back to the Future Part II

Amusing futuristic sequel more dated, edgier than original.

Parent of a 11, 13, and 16-year-old Written byUKJeanine February 26, 2014

Falls short of the original.. way short!

I was disappointed and surprised by the quality of this movie. The lead character is shown considering gambling as an easy way to make money, the lead female character is portrayed as weak, the main bad guy (Biff) is shown to be abusive to women and the language throughout was PG-13 minimum. Repeated use of 'son of a b****' and 'shi*'. The lead character comments on his mother's breast implants. This combined with guns, murder, and two women in a hot tub with a lead character suggest to me a minimum of PG-13 rating.. and then, still only watch it if you're truly desperate.

Adult Written byAlokin March 2, 2014

please don't show this film to your kids

I registered with common sense just so that I could warn people not to show this film to kids- any age! For once I think the review was way off. We stopped the movie half way through and we were so glad we did- we watched the rest later so that I could tell my kids the basic plot - it is very violent, very sexist - just horrible- and also just a dreadful movie- such a disappointment as part 1 was just as great as I remembered from when I was a kid and we all really enjoyed it. My kids are 8 and 11 and I would have hated even my 11 year old to see the second half- I just wish they hadn't seen the first half. Oh yes also lots of offensive language and I am not a prude- I 'll own up to swearing occasionally myself but this was just bad.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written bycaptionerlady August 3, 2010

Didn't like the language

Common sense rated this 8, and usually I trust their numbers. There is a lot of swearing in this movie, so much so that we didn't even finish it.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Good Acting, Good Script, Worthy Sequel.

BACK TO THE FUTURE is a classic. I can't say as much for the second installment in the trilogy, BACK TO THE FUTURE PART 2, but it's a pretty darn good sequel.
The tone in this one is darker than in the first, but the content level is pretty much the same. Langauge is, like the other one, constant, and there's a moderate amount of sex too. The married villian is shown in a bathtub with two assumably naked women (nothing but shoudlers are seen, as there are bubbles in the bath). The main characters mother, unhappily married to the villian, gestures at her breasts and says "You were the one who wanted me to get these THINGS!" Violence is mild, with a few kicks and punches.
This film is worth watching if you're determined to see the entire trilogy or are a big fan of the original. The 1955 sequences from the first one, viewed at a new angle, blow your mind. The biginning 2015 sequence is a bit cheesy, but a brilliant cliffhanger patches it all up well. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were made to be in this movie together, and are brilliant onscreen.
Worth watching.
Adult Written byAllAges August 13, 2020

Excellent sequel, but should’ve been PG-13.

Another classic like the first, although this is the least family-friendly of the series. Seek out the edited for television version for younger viewers.
Adult Written byChris_Feher May 21, 2020

Gloomier Than The Original

I didn't really like this one. It was gloomier, more sexist, more profane and had a lot more sexual references. It didn't even have any charm to make up for its downsides. Pretty much the only things I liked in this movie was the upgrade to the DeLorean, and the other futuristic stuff like the hoverboard and the Nike Mags. Otherwise, this movie was seriously lackluster. I would only recommend it if you really want to see what happens to Marty after the first.
Adult Written bybfetz9 April 1, 2020

WOW...Terrible

Horrible movie. As a family, we watched the first movie, which is great. This movie is nothing like the first one. We turned it off 1/3 of the way through. Neither my husband nor I ever watched this one when it came out and we were flabbergasted as we watched it with our kids. If it came out today, it would not have a PG rating. Too much language and adult themes. Such a disappointment after the classic first one!

Parent of a 5, 10, and 10-year-old Written bysilwuttke March 3, 2020

DESERVES A PG-13 RATING!!

GREAT! Better than the first!

Adult Written byMr. P. December 24, 2018

Back to the future part II review.

Yes, Back to the future 2 may be a bit disappointing after the perfect movie that is Back to the future. However, i'm not agreeing with some of the reviews people are giving this movie. This sequal may be more darker in tone than the 1st or 3rd movie,but it's still Back to the future guys. I even go as far to say thats it's may favourite film in trilogy and my favourite movie of all time. Why? because it has 3 concepts that i find fascinating: the future, alternate realities & going back to events of previous movies in the franchise. Please watch this movie if you haven't already and watch the other 2. However, i will admit that it is more mature and dark ( but not the kind of mature you see in adult movie).

Written byAnonymous November 25, 2018

The butt review

Everyone says the movie is bad and for teenagers. Well a bit true, the movie has a bit of violence, a little drinking, with some sexual jokes about breasts. There is some cussing with sh*t, and a**hole. I mean if your child can handle this then what's the big deal? They watched the first one and that's about the same. So it shouldn't be that bad for kids 10 and under.
Adult Written byRarityfan October 1, 2018

Nice improvement

Lots of sci fi thrills, and the time travels could of course confuse some. Famous in the Brony community as the Friendship is Magic season 5 ending borrowed some parts.

Adult Written byJEM17 September 19, 2018

Adults only!!! 80’s Misogyny and Racism we all grew up with.

I let my son watch BTTF part 1. It had some bad language, weird scenes about his mom coming on to him. Then at the end a high school bully calls a black man a spook and they pretend to credit the main white kid’s character (Marty) as having given Chuck Berry the idea of Johnny B Good. These parts can be FF if you are prepared. Unfortunately that was common in 80s PG movies. However, in BTTF Part 2 you can not avoid the racism and misogyny as it is embedded in the entire movie. It’s like they intended for it to no longer be a family film. Marty sneaks back into his old house and falls into the bed of a young black girl who begins to yell rape. Dad chases Marty out with a bat and Marty realizes it’s not his home. As he walks through the neighborhood it’s dilapidated with graffiti everywhere. There are chalk outlines with fresh blood in the middle of them. He hears gunshots in the distance. And so of course, a black family moved into his house bc it’s a bad neighborhood now. Then he sees Biff’s Pleasure Paradise which looks like Trump towers in the middle of a neglected neighborhood. Cue Donald Trump parody (about the only thing this movie gets right—-for adults, that is). This movie is for adults and it’s still speckled with the racism and misogyny that we grew up with in the 80’s.

Written byAnonymous August 18, 2018
Parent of a 4, 6, and 15-year-old Written byPeter N. January 4, 2018

Not as good as the first and less family friendly

Still a good movie for older ones. We're pretty liberal so a few well placed coughs when the s words were coming up got us through. I would imagine many parents would be uncomfortable with the frequent soft bad language. The misogynistic and aggressive behavior of Biff (and Griff) may raise some eyebrows but as he's a baddie his attitude is shown in a negative light. If you can get by the language and gunplay your kids will enjoy the film and it'll give them some insight into cause and effect.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15-year-old Written byHendo H. U December 27, 2017

Adult Written byAllie P. October 24, 2017

Good, but not as good as the first

This movie is actually pretty awesome, even if it isn't as good as the first. The future that Biff creates may be a little scary for younger kids and there is a lot of swearing, but it's pretty light on the sexual content compared to the first movie. I disagree with the common sense review that the movie says that you should try and get wealthy if you could change the past, it is the antagonist that does that and the protagonists are harmed by his actions, so try and change it. Really godo movie.

Adult Written byPittsburghmichaels September 28, 2017

Sequel To Legendary Film is disapointing

Back To The Future Part 2 is a disappointing film. It starts out good but once the movie progresses it is crap. This film is edgy and should be rated PG-13. Their is a lot of bad language in here. There is a lot of drinking and smoking. Also One Scene shown one male character with three bikini woman in a hot tub. Their is suggestive dialogue about Breast's . I did not care for this film.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byronansuperman March 4, 2017
Parent of a 7, 9, and 11-year-old Written byMamaLlama3 October 19, 2015

NOT appropriate for kids

Wow! I saw this when I was a teenager but I had forgotten much of the content. There's way too much strong language in this movie and the sexual content is too strong as well. Marty's mom is wearing a very revealing dress in one scene, Biff is in the hot tub w/ 2 naked women, even though he's married, etc. There's plenty more. I don't really recommend this to anyone, but it's especially not for kids. The story is not as good as the first one, either. Just don't waste your time.

Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015