Kid reviews for Back to the Future

'80s time-travel favorite; some violence, bullying, cursing.

Teen, 17 years old Written bykat_marie January 15, 2011

Not for 8 year olds

I love this movie, but 8? Just ... no. This may have a PG rating, but if it had been released today, it would have gotten a PG-13 rating. There are multiple uses of the word s**t, as well as multiple uses of b**ches, ba**ards, d**n, hell and uses of Jesus and Christ as swear words. There is also the fact that Marty's mother falls in love with him, something I'm sure parents don't really want to have to explain, as well as a girl almost getting date raped. Older teens will love it, but don't let an 8 year old watch it.

Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2011

amazing movie with one bad thing

yeah the cussing is kinda big and there is just a little bit of violence, but i think that this movie is okay for little kids. the only bad thing is that in one of the final scenes there's a very inappropriate and sexy title on a movie theater billboard but i didnt notice it until like my 5th time watching it.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

EPIC!!!

EPIC!!! This is a really good movie. There is strong language like when under his breath Marty says, "oh s**t" when some thing goes wrong and there is also some moderate violence too.

Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2011

Definitely okay for kids who understand not to use bad language.

Just a few profane words, like when Marty says, "Let's see if you b******s can go 90,". Really funny movie, great for kids 8 and up.

Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2014

This family movie deserves 4/5 stars. It's a true classic.

One of Spielberg's best movies is here with comedy, drama, and action. The language is a bit much for 7-year-olds with a few uses of "s--t" "son of a bitch" "bastard" "hell" and "ass". The violence is mild with punches and fights, no lethal combat other than when a man is shot by terrorists (no blood or gore). The sexual content is not too bad, there is kissing and a seen of someone looking in a girls window while she is getting undressed, no nudity is shown. A teen forces a girl to kiss him and hump him in a car. There is some drinking and smoking.

Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2011

Dumb movie!

Plenty of swearing!

Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2010

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

As you can see from my photo, I LOVE back to the future!!! This is like, the best movie ever. Everyone should see the whole thing at least once in your lifetime, or else you have not truly lived. Okay,? Get that? WATCH IT!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2010

Perfect movie...except for the language

This is a great, fun, movie, and besides a brief shooting at the start, the violence is fine, the inappropriate content is mostly okay except for a brief scene at the end, but the main problem is the language: there's a LOT of it. Otherwise, it's a great movie.

Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

One of the best movies ever! ever!! ever!!! ever!!!!

Great special effects and story as well as being incredibly funny. Awesome and entertaining.

Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2012

FANTASTIC FAMILY MOVIE

THIS IS A FANTASTIC MOVIE! Yes, there is a little sex and a little more languabombsge, but what a movie! Fantastic special effects and world class acting! The worst word was the S word. No F bombs. Please, let your kids watch it - It has fantasic role models and is very educational.

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Best Movie!

Back to the Future is the best series around.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 27, 2010

OKAY FOR 10 AND UP

This movie is not as good as it's two sequels. It has language, and sexual content. Sometimes the a-word and the d-word are spoken. Sexual content is that a teen girl strips a teen boy to his underwear and shirt in his sleep. Also implied sex with Biff and Lorraine in the car, against Lorraine's wishes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLemonJuice April 18, 2016

Don't worry too much about the language....

If you're a parent, I have some bad news to break to you. All the words that you think this movie introduced to your precious little children are things they've heard over and over if they go to public school. Believe me, once they've hit fourth or fifth grade, they probably know just about every word in the book. If nothing else, there's social media. As for the sexual content... if they've watched the news, they've probably got the general idea already that sometimes stuff like this happens. As my grandmother says, all that keeping your children bubbled up does is make it ten times worse when they get out. Some discretion is warranted, sure, but your kids'll probably see worse given their own devices soon enough....
Kid, 10 years old August 22, 2015

We don't need roads

I saw this movie, and I liked it. You should really check it out.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2014

I watched this movie today. The movie was fun and the story was enjoyable but there was a ton of swearing! I couldn't stand it. They said the sh__ , son of a _____, da__, and so much more. What I hated most was the car scene. A man attacks a women (like that..) In a car while she's flailing her legs and screaming. Kids under 13 should not watch this! There are also many cleavage scenes. This movie is not for children.

Teen, 16 years old Written byIchabodCrane November 12, 2010

True classic!

Woah.This movie brings back alot of memories.If you havent seen the Back To The Future triology,I deffinately recommend them.Go and see it! Marty Mcfly and his friend 'Doc', are the time travelling buddies in this triology.You'll love it.

Educational Value

Great!

A great movie. One shooting scene that is a little, um "iffy", to quote CSM. Be sure to see the sequels too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHunter.O December 18, 2015

Amazing Movie, but you should watch it with the use of a censor website.

SPOILERS: I love this movie, and remember watching it when I was little, but that does not mean I think little kids should. There is an extreme amount of swearing, and one of the first words the main character says, is one. There is some violence, but no blood from what I remember. There is some kissing between people, and the main characters mom has a crush on her future son. Overall it is a classic and I do think you should watch it with a website like Vidangel, or some other website that will clear out everything you feel is bad. Even now I don't watch it without the bad things cleared out, but it is a must see.

Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2012

A Great beginning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is so cool. The actors like Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Thomas Wilson, Lea Thomson, and Crispin Glover are outstanding. The plot is really good. There is plenty of action. The curse words make this movie even greater. Great, Amazing, and Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byNASCAR101 July 14, 2013

what a great book/movie/magazine

this movie is great the only bad part is when biff tries to rape marty's mom.