Parent reviews for Backdraft

Ron Howard popcorn-muncher is sappy, not smokin'.

Based on 1 review

Parent of a 8-year-old Written bycfb August 22, 2013

Good movie, but anguage is 3 star in review, but its 5 star, bad role modeling

I saw the review from Common Sense on directv's 'parental info' tab. Whoever wrote that review either didn't see the movie, or watched one that had been seriously edited. In particular, the review says the language is 'pretty mild for the rating'. It sounded like it might be something okay for me to watch with my 8 year old in another room, but I couldn't even count the number of F-bombs in the first 30 minutes, and almost nothing was said without a curse in it. I'm far from a happy language person, but this is totally inappropriate for any child to see or listen to. Besides the horrible language, the characters routinely threaten violence on each other, there is a lot of fighting or nesar fighting and in one scene (briefly touched on in the CS review) a character gets drop-your-glass drunk and punches out his ex wifes boyfriend, starting a major brawl.

This is in the first 30-40 minutes. I decided to watch the rest after he went to bed.

Good movie though, I saw it back when it first came out and maybe once again before my son was born. Just absolutely not for kids, even if they can't see it and are just listening.