All parent member reviews for Bambi II

Adult Written bypawspaw April 9, 2008

Parent of a 10 year old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Something to watch "with" your kids. The subject matter gets a little deep, what with single parenting, foster parenting, and bullying. Oddly incongruent with the original and being an avid Disney fan, I was frustrated by that. My 3 year old loves it because it's funny. My 6 year old likes it because it's funny...but sad in places.
Adult Written bylhartness April 9, 2008

Good film, with a couple of hesitations

When I saw the previews for this direct to DVD movie, I was surprised at my interest level. The animation was better than your usual direct to DVD movie, and they got Patrick Stewart to voice Bambi's father. Overall I enjoyed this film, especially the father and son bonding. However, I'm not completely sold on it. An antihero character, Ronno exhibits some behaviors I'm not sure I'm ready for my 6 year-old to see just yet. He's very disrespectful to his mother, yelling at her when she asks him to come. Yet she does nothing to admonish him. He taunts Bambi for having a "girl's name", and the use of the phrase "momma's boy" is used in a mean way. Thumper the rabbit also says his mother is "not the boss of me", which isn't very respectful. Fortunately, she sets him straight and doesn't tolerate his disrespect. Despite these reservations, I still might keep the DVD for now and maybe wait until my son is older to watch it. The story, animation and music are well done. In the meantime, I'll just keep thinking about it...
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015

Adult Written bySTRIDER9 April 7, 2013

One of my favs

This is my favorite of the two Bambi movies. Got a lot of great songs and good messages.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 11, 2013

Really good midquel

This is a really good midquel. It's about before Bambi grew up but after his mother died. It's too bad that the Beauty and the Beast midquels weren't this good. However, in the movie review, they said it picks up right where Bambi left off, but that is not true. Like I said, it is a midquel and not a sequel. In the original Bambi grew up but this fills in that gap of time from after his mother died but before he grew up in the spring. Also, like the first film, this midquel movie has a few scary scences, but the sex is limited to talk of "twitterpattion", an unusual euphemism for falling in love. It's referenced briefly at the end, where Bambi and Faline kiss (because a porcupine pricked him), and Friend Owl says they're twitterpatted. Then Flower asks what that is, and he says he'll tell them when they're older (which is what happened in the first movie, where the term first appeared.) And yes, Bambi is shown having a crush on Faline, because they got married in the first one. One more note: this movie also has beautiful songs, just like the first one. 8.75/10
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySeven07 August 14, 2009

We've been watching more movies because of my difficult pregnancy, and I would recommend this well before the original Bambi. I believe my daughter is able to take the frightening chase scenes, she probably doesn't think what would happen if the dogs caught the fawn, so it doesn't bother her.
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i cried!

I love this movie at end it gets sad because of is mother gettng killed.