Kid reviews for Bambi

Disney's original circle-of-life story.

Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2017

Cute Animal Movie!!

I LOVE this movie! I understand that some parents think that this movie is a little too violent for there kids but I started watching this movie when I was 5 and I thought it was cute. I still do!! It is about Bambi's life from when he is born to becoming a proud father of two baby deer. My favorite parts are when Bambi is a still a baby, when he meets Faline for the first time and when Flower (a skunk), Thumper (a rabbit) and Bambi become "twitterpated".
Beautiful animation! Please give this stunning movie a try before you say it is too violent for your family!

Teen, 15 years old Written bydhmullikin October 13, 2019

This made me tear up!

The scene how Bambi was conceived was heart warming! My whole family loved it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovielizard April 23, 2018

Good for Toddlers and up!

Bambi is a real work of art by Walt Disney. This film could also help you talk to your child about death. It’s a lovely, adorable, artistic movie that I highly recommend checking out!

Kid, 7 years old March 8, 2018

Great. But super scary.

I thought Bambi was really scary because there was 5 violent parts. 5 year olds might be yelling. Please tell your 5 year olds about the violence and the death. Me and my sister got sorta scared. But I thought it was GREAT!!!

Kid, 6 years old August 20, 2017

Review of bambi

Absolutely beautiful some sad scenes but a lovely film so cute thumper is one of the cutest characters in the film I loved it so nice and beautiful one of my faverioute films I've ever seen such a beautiful film that was made in 1942 a brilliant film for young children I agree an absolutely a beautiful film ever I thin it's one of the best Walt Disney films ever.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 12, 2016
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2016

I love Bambi

Bambi is a wonderful story about Bambi's life. Disney has done a great job drawing the animation. I think that it is one of Disney's best movies and that it is a must watch!

Teen, 13 years old Written bybazilc September 24, 2015

A beautifully-animated masterpiece from Walt Disney.

It doesn't matter how old you are. Just like many other Disney films, you are going to absolutely love Bambi. The animation is beautiful, the characters are great, and the story is so emotional! What a lot of people will remember is the death of Bambi's mother. She was shot by a human off-screen, which has lead to many tears being shed over the past 73 years. Very young children may find it scary or upsetting due to the death of Bambi's mother, the forest fire near the end, and other stuff. Should your child watch it? Definitely! It was absolutely breathtaking in 1942, and it still is today.

Teen, 16 years old Written byChildhoodloverboy August 5, 2014

Scary

It's extremely scary. No kids should ever watch without a parent present to help them with their fear

Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2014

I love this movie!!!!

i love this movie i watched it with my grandma and know shes dead but we watched it together and i love it.

Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2014

love it

i think it is good and funny for family movies and wanna have a good time with your family!!!!!!<3
Teen, 15 years old Written byConnor Johnson January 31, 2014

Perspective from a hunter

For those of you who may think of me as the enemy I am not. I truly love the outdoors i am an Eagal Scout and I have hunted and fished my whole life and would like to do job in environmental science. So as for the movie I rember seeing bambi when I was 3 it showed an analogy of a mother raising her son with a very important father. I thought the movie was very well done for a fiction story about animals. I also enjoy fiction writing about animals and the enviornment around them. I can really compare my experiences with this movie. This fall I was elk hunting and I came across a young male buck less than 20 feet from me and looked straight into his eyes for 20 seconds. Instead of running he slowly walked of back into some cover. It then inspired me too watch bambi again which gives me ideas for my writing pices. The movie really expands my imagination on animals as if they were intelligent and had feelings. The reason I don't feel guilty is because the wild roaming animals have it easy compared to live stock. Which are cramped in small pens, injected with drugs their whole life until their slotered. You have a right to disagree with its just my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2013

Great film!

Watched this with my (just) six year old sister, and she was fine with it. The flirting stuff will just go over their heads, and while the bambi's mother was a sad - it's a cartoon! You can literally say: don't worry, it's just a story, it's pretend. My sis was a bit upset but got over it five/ ten mins later. The only other problem is those hunting dogs: but Faline gets away, so no harm done.

Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2013

BAMBI

POSITIVE ROLE MODELS/MESSAGES: 8/10. Animals are kind/care for each other and the enviornment.
EDUCATIONAL VALUE: 4/10. Kids who watch learn to protect the enviornment.
VIOLENCE: 6/10. Brief but strong off-screen animated violent content. A deer is shot offscreen, only a gunshot is heard. Then, the deer's body is shown, dying. No blood visible. Two other animals are shot off-screen, gunshots are heard. Their bodies are not shown. There is an animated forest fire, which may be intense for kids under age 5. In the fire, a few trees are burned down.
SEX: 3/10. Two deer have babies.
A classic! Must watch sometime in your life! Fine for mature 5-year-olds and up. My MPAA Rating: RATED PG FOR MILD CARTOON VIOLENCE, AND SOME EMOTIONAL MATERIAL.

Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2013

awsome

this was my favorite movie when i was little

Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 21, 2012

O_O

harmless dribble

Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Love it!

So cute and great for kids. It's a classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic June 2, 2012

Good Movie - with some action and some education

Great animation. Not violent, but has some intense and scary moments.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze March 29, 2012

Watch It By Yourself First

This movie accurately depicts life in nature, so keep in mind that forest animals' lives are not all happy endings. Spoiler alert (but important): The most heart-wrenching scene in the movie is when a hunter shoots and kills Bambi's mother (offscreen). Bambi's terrified cries fill about 30 seconds worth of movie. Also, the forest Bambi lives in is burned down by a forest fire at the end. There is also a teenie bit of flirting between teenage Bambi and friends, but it will most likely go over kids' heads.

Kid, 10 years old February 26, 2012

watch it!

I LOVE this movie!let your kids see it!it's the best!