All parent member reviews for Barbie: A Perfect Christmas

Educator and Parent Written bylisa_07 September 13, 2012

Warm your heart

My family loves this movie! After starting the movie with some high ideals and focusing on themselves, the characters go through some ups and downs and learn a new understanding of what a "perfect" Christmas is. The message is the perfect Christmas is about enjoying time with people you love and sharing. You will leave this movie with a warmed heart. We did not notice nor did we participate in any commercialism associated with this or any other Barbie movie. We enjoy the movies for what they are.
Parent Written byembeau November 15, 2011

Not as sweet and kind as other Barbie movies..disappointing

Just not as sweet or entertaining as other movies in the Barbie series. The younger sisters are rude to one another, calling each other names. I felt that the moral of the story was lost on my five year old, but the meanness was not. Not impressed with this installment and we have loved the Barbie series to date. Storyline was weak, not much dialogue ( mostly filler scenes) overall a disappointing movie for me..However, my daughter still thought it was cute, but I prefer kinder, gentler characters as role models and would not recommend this if your parenting style is one of showing your children positive kind messages.