All teen and kid member reviews for Barbie as The Island Princess

Teen, 14 years old Written byshrinemiko7 April 9, 2008

Cute kids flick

I was so happy when Mattel decided to write another Barbie musical! Family loyalty is a big theme in this movie...it was nice to see no inner-family rivalry as in past Barbie movies. I was also glad that this movie had another strong female character besides Barbie. Luciana's loving attitude provides a great environment for friends who watch the movie together. I was, however, shocked that there is a mild suggestion of sexual intercouse outside of marriage (Arianna claims to have been married to her husband for only 3 days...she had Luciana sometime after). However, if you overlook that, it's a great family movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNectaria December 3, 2009
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2011

good

Average rating based on 9 kid and teen reviews: 44% say there are positive role models 44% say there are positive messages i think this movie was awesome! It might not be good for 2 year olds but its really good! EVen for 8 year olds!
Kid, 9 years old April 6, 2011

good movie

i love it it is of the huck
Teen, 14 years old Written byjessicamussio July 6, 2010

Cute movie!!!!!!! :)

I love this movie!!!! I watch it everyday and I am not afraid to say that I am 14! The songs are wonderful with sweet messages!!!! It is also funny Me and my sisters (12 and 6) we recreate the scene with Arianna and Luciana sing all the time, anywhere!!!!!! Great movie for anyone, and the people saying this is a bad movie are crazy dont listen to them.... they are stupid. :P Love this movie!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Great Barbie movie

The island princess has many to it that makes it special positive messages about kindness to especially to animals are all here in this movie.
Kid, 1 years old January 7, 2012

Review Barbie as The Island Princess

Teen, 15 years old Written bya_nharry1234 March 27, 2010
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2009

Awsome AGe

Teen, 13 years old Written byKelandryOfTortall April 9, 2008

*dies*

ugh. had to watch this w/ my little cuz. ew. never ever again.... pink fluff. ew again.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

YUCK!!!!

Oh PLEASE. Another Barbie movie? Come ON! Barbie is such a franchise, and this movie is just to make more money off of stupid Barbie. What is she doing on an Island anyway? Being an animal-freak, I'm absolutely appaled that there is an Elephant on the island...ELEPHANTS DON'T LIVE ON UNCHARTED ISLANDS, THEY LIVE IN THE SAVANNAH!! This is teaching kids the wrong stuff(like that elephants live on islands, and it's okay to buy Barbie merchandise), so please don't buy it, it's junk.