Parent and Kid Reviews on

Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2 Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 7 kid reviews

Sort by:

Great movie to teach girls about teamwork

This is an amazing movie that is obviously targeted for younger audiences. It encourages teamwork, promotes selflessness, and teaches kids to overcome rivalries for the greater good. It's a great movie for young kids who love barbie! And there is absolutely no questionable material in it!

1 person found this helpful.

awesome!

I used to love these kind of Barbie movies so much and every time we went to the library, I would get this very DVD bc I loved it so much. YOUNG YOUNG kids might not get it.

Amazing!love!

It’s a great movie! The only problem I had, was that the fish was scary and gave me nightmares. But other than that amazing.(If any of you had him in a dream can you reply so I can see if it’s the same one?)

I think that this movie is ok but one plot hole that really bothered me was **SPOILERS** Since Merliah is a mermaid as well as a human, it makes sense for her to have a necklace to go back and forth between her mermaid half and her human half. Why does it work for Kylie? Does she have some kind of mermaid in her or something? If not then the necklace should not be able to make her transform into a mermaid. Other than this plot hole I'd say it was ok. the only reason I brought this up was the fact that it's kinda distracting.

COOlL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merliah and Kylie rule!

Oceania each queen could change the name. Merliah=Merania Kylie=Kyanaia Anne=Anania Emma=Emanaia Alex=Alanaia Kay=Kaanaia Mermaid+Human+Movie+BarieinaMermaidTale2+Kylie= (Drum roll) SEA WEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

australian accent... really?

Prior to viewing the film i predicted that the storyline would follow Merliah back down into oceania, where she meets a guy and falls hopelessly in love.... etc. But the film has surprised me in a good way. the story is based on good values and offers a good insight into the negatives within the world of competition. However, all the good morals aside, I find the portrayal of the voice of the character Kylie (voiced by Ashleigh Ball) completely misguided and incorrect. While I understand that the characters "Australian accent" is supposed to be easy to realise and differ from the likes of the other american roles, the accent was completely off. At the start of the film i thought the character was a confusing mix of British/Scottish/New Zealand untill, a few minutes in, I found the that mix of acquired sounds was supposed to be that of an Australian accent. I actually found my self laughing so hard that i got my dad to come and listen to the character of Kylie say "you were lucky mate, but your lucks gonna run out down under, thats my terf". you can probably tell that I myself am Australian. hahahhaha