Parent reviews for Barbie in The 12 Dancing Princesses

Barbie in The 12 Dancing Princesses Poster Image

Homophobic Undertones

This is a great movie; it features beautiful art and a stunning discography. The story is engaging and realistic. But there are some unfortunate prejudices that shouldn't be overlooked. The princesses are color coded, and yet there are 4 purple princesses. A third of them are purple, but there is no yellow princess. Mattel's hesitation to complete the rainbow reflects their homophobic ideologies, which I feel like sends a hateful message to young children. also I'd like to put the monkey in a cement mixer full of glass shards and tumble him for miles

Very Charming

Very charming I do get some pleasure out of the Barbie movies, and the 12 Dancing Princesses is no exception. The animation is mostly full of lovely colour, fluid backgrounds and nuanced facial expressions. True, the animation in the dance sequences is not very inspired, but none of it is bad as far I could see. The music is whimsical and catchy, the dialogue is decent with some fun moments even with some corniness, the story has a lot of charm and heart making an existing story fresh in terms of storytelling and while the characters are not much different from the types of characters from the previous Barbie movies they are likable still. The voice acting is solid from all involved. Overall, a very charming movie. 10/10

THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING

amazing, spectacular, jaw-dropping, THE BEST BARBIE MOVIE EVER MADE. it is so amazing i can not express this enough, you'll enjoy it if you're 4, you'll enjoy it if you're 21! It is timeless and brilliant. Highly HIGHLY recommend!

Why Bad Reviews!? IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!

Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses is a classic Barbie movie which came out in 2006 you could say this is all about 'consumersim' because of 'Barbie' but that really doesn't matter to me I didn't get any memorabilia from this film when I saw it, it's a good classic story I love the storyline and the dancing is beautiful it makes me want to be a ballerina and dance the music is gorgeous beautifully composed this story tells you "big or small there is a difference only you can make" Barbie movies get a bad rep because it's Barbie people are so judgemental and should give Barbie movies a chance as they are amazing

Witchcraft again in barbie movie

*christian review* This movie has a nasty woman become the stepmother of 12 young women. She has a talking animal. Story is fine from that point. Then the girls get abused and discover a "magical place" where can get away and dance and have their wishes come true via flowers..including healing water! The evil woman uses the magic flowers.

A Fantastic and Engaging Movie!

I personally love this movie, as do all of the children that I have viewed it with while babysitting. Little girls especially love dancing along with the gorgeous classical score, and I have even bought the rest of the songs ("Shine" in particular) to listen to on my own! What sets this Barbie movie apart is that there is a variety of strong female characters, as opposed to having only a cookie-cutter Barbie protagonist. My younger cousins each have a different favorite princess with interests that match their own; there are tomboys, girly girls, bookworms, and dancers, and even an amateur ichthyologist! The movie has positive messages about family, bravery, and making sacrifices to do what is right. It also has inspired some little girls I know to take dance lessons- exercise! Five years after its release, this movie is still watched frequently in my household.

MOST FAVOURITE BARBIE FILM

This is my favourite Barbie film. I've seen it countless times and it still enchants me. Why don't they make them like this anymore? It's beautiful. I love all the dancing and magic. Contains NO singing (yay!) and the whole 'secret' of them running off to dance is still thrilling to me at my age.

Careful about the use of magic

Isn't anyone bothered by the abundance of magic in this movie? We constantly have to tell our kids that magic is not a good thing, and this movie is full of magic.
not rated for age

WONDERFUL DVD

WE have and LOVE all the Barbie movies (except the "Diary" one, which I do not feel is suitable for my 5 year old). My daughter loves to dance as she watches them (BONUS-exercise :) And it was her introduction to classical music, which she also loves!