All parent member reviews for Barbie in the Pink Shoes

Parent of a 5 year old Written byYogaMommy September 7, 2013

Barbie is still a poor role model for young girls

My 5 year old begged me to rent this for her, since she loves both ballet and the color pink. I regretted it for a couple of reasons. I checked "language" because of the taunting, sarcastic tone used by Kristen's peers - something my daughter has not been exposed to yet (she was in preschool at the time). We did use it as an opportunity to talk about speaking to each other respectfully and kindly. Still, I wasn't ready to expose her to the high school mean girls! My other issue with Barbie is that, underneath a shallow "follow your dreams" moral, there seems to be an underlying message that, if you are graceful and pretty, everything will work out for you in the end. Barbie (or in this case, Kristen) still disappoints with her unattainable body type and lack of genuine depth.
Parent of an infant and 1 year old Written byAlicia Kimberly June 2, 2013

Perfect for very young girls! (And their mothers)

I love this movie for my toddler and preschool-age daughters and nieces, and my youngest, not even one years old, will sit and watch it all the way through (remarkable) because the colors are bright and sparkly and the action is not too fast-paced. I love it for me because, whether I am sitting in the family room with them or in the kitchen doing dishes, the comedic moments make me smile, if not laugh out loud. Some mild "adult" humor, but nothing rude or suggestive in any way, making this a bearable young child's movie... which is rare. I also enjoy watching my daughters practice "dancing" the parts from different classical ballets. Thumbs up!