Parent reviews for Barney's Great Adventure: The Movie

Barney and friends explore their imaginations through song.

Parent of a 1 and 3-year-old Written byCrystal S. February 23, 2018

Bright colors and catchy songs

My 1 and 3 year olds love this movie. The pretty colors and songs keep my younger ones eye, and the oldest loves the story line.

Adult Written byGosumonkeyninja April 15, 2015

Poor Attitude

My son is two and really likes Barney. It is one of the only things we let him watch, so we thought that he would enjoy this movie. What we hadn't counted on was that this movie was less about Barney and more about a character that had a poor attitude and thought Barney was stupid and that he was too cool to play pretend. I'm sure throughout the course of the movie the boy comes to realize that using you're imagination is fun, but his journey and poor attitude were not something we wanted our son to emulate. We had to turn it off midway through. This movie is not suited for preschoolers.
Adult Written byLowe's man April 28, 2014

Think about the character.

Although I've never seen the movie and probably should not be reviewing it, I nevertheless think that the other parent who wrote the review went too far. She only talked about the behind the scenes stories, which have no relevance to the movie itself. That's the only reason why I'm reviewing this.
Having said that, parents should be aware of the simplistic language Barney uses. Is that what we want our children to learn? Especially when SESAME STREET and MISTER ROGERS have a language style that's so much better for kids in the long run and so much more appropriate? Just something to think about.