Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Barnyard: The Original Party Animals

A re-hash of tired cliches and CGI effects.

Adult Written byluivelez April 9, 2008

Worst children movie my son and I have ever watched

Besides attractive animation, this movie is as bad as it can get. Nothing new about the plot, nothing smart about the development of the story. Instead a lot of violence and socially inappropriate behavior portrayed as funny. Same old idea of the solo-hero supermacho... life of partying and drinking, looses father and then becomes the defender of the barn. Add that they steal a car and motorcycles to succeed (all of this is supposed to be great fun!), drink (yeah! milk... but mimicking beer), and that the characters and movie makers think it is fun to make fun of a person with a mental disease. What a waste of money!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

oh for....

you have kids??? were you a kid??? if you've turned self-rightous after your normal childhood, don't go see this movie with your kid. you'll only ruin it for them. the negative about this movie is that people who watch too much foxnews will make something out of anything they are told to...their kids won't notice a thing. my 8 year old grandchild laughed all the way through because she wasn't biased by adult knowlege. THIS IS A KIDS' MOVIE...not a social statement. let your kids enjoy it.
Adult Written bynduns July 9, 2015

I can't believe I used to like this

First of all, this movie's cheap animations and the logical fallacies of the cow designs are the least of its problems. Oh no, this movie is obnoxious. Most of the characters are annoying and a lot of the humor feels like it tries too hard at times. There are only a few things that still hold up for me. First of all, Wild Mike is a pretty awesome character if only due to the fact that he doesn't talk and isn't a defined creature. Secondly, when this movie actually gets serious, it works. The scene where Ben Sings 'Won't Back Down' and dies is easily my favorite part of this film. It has great atmosphere that just sends chills down my spine and the fight itself is really well-done. And the final showdown, okay, not as impressive but still good. I just wish more of the movie could have been like that as those are the only good moments of this film. Still, this is better than the show, which pretty much doomed itself by removing the only likable characters from the cast.

Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytakinotice April 9, 2008
Groan. Another movie spoiled by hollywood's insistance to imput vailed suggestions of sex, violance and drugs in everything.
Adult Written byloopie_lou02 April 9, 2008

not bad

Let's try spelling correctly before we rip apart a not so bad kids movie (for the one who spelled violence "violance") maybe you should worry about other things than being so critical of childrens' movies! Let kids be kids! Everyone in the theatre laughed hysterically... try teaching your kids right from wrong instead of depending on movies to do it for you.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byNK17 July 13, 2011

Intensity: stricly for older kids

I say Off 0-8 Iffy for 9-12 OK for 13+ I loved Barnyard and Nicktoons growing up, although "milk me" does NOT MEAN F*CK me, but still strictly for fans and older kids, reason: although fantasy, the violence is intense even sometimes GRAPHIC, and a PREGNANT COW although older kids see their mom's pregnant, reffering to animal sex?! not cool. but still a very good show...

Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover May 15, 2011

I think it's pretty good.

What's so wrong with this movie? I think it's pretty cute!

Adult Written bydtafil April 9, 2008

Too scary for little ones

Although most of this movie was very funny much of the humor was leaning more towards jokes that older children or adults would understand. There were two parts of the movie I found quite disturbing. Adults should know that there is a scene where the father cow gets killed by coyotes. Please realize that alothough it had a decent overall message, many scenes were just to over the top for young ones. This movie is not was it was portrayed in the commercials.
Adult Written byrufty tufty June 14, 2012

No educational value and older kids can see the comedy

The udders on the bulls is a disgrace. How are children ever to learn with massive errors like this. I thin its actually O for older kids. Mine were 9 and 11 and seemed to laugh a lot. But both being country kids new the udders were wrong.

Adult Written byrubina1970 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykacey816 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytb April 9, 2008

Terrible Film for Young Kids

This movie really disturbed me. I asked my child several times if she wanted to leave the theater - it is NOT a kids movie!! It wasn't funny, it was more of a coming of age for older teenagers who need to figure out that they need to do the right thing. Lots of partying scenes, breaking the law, it is ridiculous that this is not at least PG-13 - do NOT let the animation fool you!!
Adult Written byNate L. April 30, 2018

A Theatrical Masterpiece

Not only does this heart warming and aw inspiring film display the purest form of character development and suplementary story telling, but the theatrical performance is astounding when compared to lesser performances such as the recent Marvel movies who are portrayed as bland and emotionless characters.
Adult Written byAvonLadyLisa April 9, 2008

Amusing enough to keep our attention

The issues I had were the repeated drinking and bar-like atmosphere. They were drinking milk, but acting as if it were alcohol. Also, there was a lot of fighting between the coyotes who looked almost devil-ish, and the cows. Violent scenes between them several times.
Parent Written byjpschouest April 9, 2008

Pretty Funny

My 8 yr old son laughed with a good heart. So that's all I needed to see to rate this movie. I thought it genuine and pretty funny too.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCooldudeben75 February 21, 2019

Legit Barnyard Review

Absolute bangerrrrrrr

Adult Written byBenjamin A. October 23, 2017

This movie is a joke

Don't waste your time and money on DVDs of this sorry excuse for a movie. The film demonizes coyotes for being carnivores, promotes alcohol and gambling while claiming to be a children's movie, contains car and motorcycle theft, and even makes fun of mental disabilities.