Kid reviews for Barnyard: The Original Party Animals

A re-hash of tired cliches and CGI effects.

Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2009

Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2018

Hilarious!!!

I love it, even though the animation is awful.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

An overall good movie for tweens!

Yes, it is a good movie in my opinion. It is very funny and entertaining. I rate this title iffy for ages 7-9. The reason for this is because: First of all, a character dies of a coyote attack, which is really sad. It made me cry when I first watched it. At the end Otis fights the coyotes and gets injured along the way. A farmer is shown drinking and has a drunk face. Otis is in love with another cow which is pregnant. At the end the baby comes out. Obviously no sensitive parts are shown. Even though she is an animal, but still. A character gets worried that the baby might get stuck while coming out. There is also a mouse who likes another cow. Strange right? Anyway, this movie is best reserved for tweens and maybe even some teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySummerLuvr810 April 9, 2008

the only nickelodeon movie i actually thought was funny

I saw this yesterday and it made me crack up. However, in the theater there were kids I'd say 4 or 5 who started getting upset in the coyote scenes. Also there was a really sad scene when one of the characters die. So overall this is a great movie I'd say for kids 6 and up.
Kid, 11 years old December 17, 2009

Bad for all ages

The worst and dumbest movie in the world

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2009

Good role model movie

I think it is a good role model movie for kids 8 and up because otis saved the chikens and didnt (well kinda) quit but there was some beer and the people who made the barn animals have honey and milk to replace beer.and the dad died put most kids can handle that. But people are acting to offended. we act the same way so lay off. other than that it was a great movie!

Funny... but wrong

I saw this film on friday at my freinds' birthday. It was funny yet the furry ball thing was out of place.
Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2019

Does not have a plot that is in the whole story

This movie I liked. It had good characters. But the plot was not good. First there is a meeting, then, a party, then Coyotes attack, then someone dies, then the main character is sad, then some cows pay back a boy, then they get the Coyotes, and then a cow has a baby. So I would pick something else for Movie Night.

Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2017

Filled with flat animation and tired humor.

Barnyard is one of the most uninspired summer movies that was produced since 2006. It looks like it ripoffed jimmy neutron boy genius. Why would Nickelodeon do that?

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2017

Nothing too scary

In this game nothing is too scary but there are some scenes of figtining coyotes ending can be very little little scary because of red coyotes but every kid can react different

Teen, 15 years old Written byfluffy gizmo February 10, 2017

Cute movie

Some scenes can be scary for really little kids (Mainly scenes with the villain, Dag the coyote) but it's a funny movie. It has a good message about taking responsibility that the main character Otis learns when he becomes the leader of the barn. I enjoyed this movie when I got it for Christmas in 2006 was five, and it's a fun movie for kids. Yes, Otis and his cow friends drink milk, but kids won't get the joke

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie crazy 1 August 5, 2016

too scary for anyone !

I'm 15 and still terrified of this movie. there is extreme violence for a kids movie. I had bad dreams about it when I was younger and when I watched it a week ago I found out that I still do. sure there are two or three small parts that were funny but mostly violent. half the movie is death and sadness. one quarter is laughing and the rest is sexual content because the is a birth in this movie ( not graphic ) but still, if you want your kids to be exposed to horrible violence that will haunt them go ahead because this movie this perfect for that.

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

seen better seen worse

just to let people know the main villian in barnyard which is a coyote is alot more sadistic than most villians i have seen in alot of CGI animated movies

Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2012

Great film!

Alot of people have been saying bad things about this movie, but I love it and I have watched it around 200 times in my life (I rewatched it atleast twice a day around when I was 5 or 6). I love this film and all the games for it. All the people claiming that this film has too much innuendo, it isnt actually meant to be. Come on, a cow saying "milk me". He wasnt being rude he was actually asking for a glass of milk from the bar, which also reminds me. There isnt drinking in it! Oh yeah there is, they drank milk ;3. Great film, Great storyline. Recommended for all ages.

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Good, but could be better.

I liked it. Kids will like it. There are a few funny parts, but the story is kind of boring. Also, why did the male cows have to have udders? That's just stupid and messed up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 January 28, 2012

Fantastic family comedy from Nickelodeon. but some iffy stuff

this animated comedy is great for kids. but not the whole movie is comedy. because animals die. This movie is rated PG. just to let parents know. this movie contains #1 Violence, #2 Gambling and number 3 Name Calling.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 July 27, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!

What are you morons talking about I loved this movie, I thought it was kind of cute. My friends and I watch this movie all the time and it's awesome! I barfed in the movie theater when I saw this movie when I was 11 years old because this movie was so funny! I find this movie (Especially the pizza dudes) To be very funny!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 20, 2011

cute movie lol.

What are you idiots talking about I love this movie! But the TV show is weird. I agree with Christ lover, This movie was pretty cute lol.

Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

I hate the TV show but I love the movie

Well this was actually pretty funny, I mean those pizza guys that go "doo dee doo dee doo doo" I laughed so hard on that part! I do not like it when all cows play with their udders all the time, plus I hear some sexual jokes like during a meeting, pig says "You drink pee water, You drink pee water" That counts as potty humor right? The TV show is dumb but this movie ROCKS!!!!!!! I loved this movie since I was a 1st grader which is when this movie came out. Love this movie. Even though the coyote scene is pretty scary and when Otis's dad dies! The end was my favorite part! Common sense? Why is there 2 stars? Stop it I love this movie!! Don't just give the movie 2 stars if there was weird animation! There was actually pretty good animation eh. Good job Nickelodeon for making this awesome movie!!

Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2011

Tons of potty humor!

Duh, I have heard plenty of potty humor, especially the part when that fat pig dude made a joke about people drinking pee water. "Oh milk me"!!! Is that bad language, "Oh milk me" is not a bad word but theres still language kids cant use because theres tons of potty humor, Why would they have beer and alcohol in a kids movie? I hate this movie just as much as the show! Why does everybody like this! I hate it!!!