Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Basic Instinct

Excessive whodunit is definitely not for kids.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byDean-Monroe January 23, 2011
Truly an amazing movie with an amazing cast. Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone had such a strong chemistry on screen it was amazing.

Parent of a 16 year old Written bydeanmonroe January 21, 2011
Love it.

Adult Written bylaughingbear. August 30, 2009

,,,

it was good but for older crowd

Adult Written bySam Marrick March 15, 2016

Explicit trashy entertainment with good cast but in the end rather pedestrian.

Graphic lenghty sex scenes abound includes lingering shots of breast and rears, and briefly testicles during the opening sex scene, as well as full frontal female nudity outside of sex including 2 voyeuristic undressing scenes and the infamous interogation scene and acts include cunnilingus, doggie style, riding, missionary, lesbian, light bondage, manual and oral breast stimulation and a tasteless rape scene commit by the "hero" on his shrink. Grousome violence includes a viscous and extremely bloody ice pick stabing in the op ing with a naked man (we see his gentitals post mordem). A man is stabbed in the neck repeatedly splattering the room and we see him gurgling in a massive pool of blood. We see several gruesome full color photos of children with slit throats with lots of blood. At leat 40 f owrds and cocaine snorting at a club scene that goes on way too long. The film is entertaining to watch, the cast has good chemeistry, it largely succedes at titilation, has some snappy if cheesy dialogue here and there and has an enjoyable smug self aware attitude of its absurd sexual politics. But in the end its all thematically hollow, there is filler and over convolution that leads nowhere plot or character wise to pad the runtime and the characters arent all that smart or likable and there isnt anything original (or all that believable) storywise here.

Adult Written byDert F. August 17, 2017
I didn't like it and is definitely not for kids