Kid reviews for Batman (1989)

Stylish, violent, and dark superhero adventure.

Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2010

AWESOME movie Ages 9 and up should see it!

It's a good movie in all, but I think there is a little to much cursing in it. Some blood and violence but not to much. I can't wait to watch it again.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowclaw46 August 6, 2009

The best batman movie, even better than the Dark Knight.

This is the way all Batman movie's should be made. I actually find this movie to be slightly better than "The Dark Knight". I also perfer this joker (played by Jack Nickelson) over the joker played by Heath Ledjer. Why? Because this joker acts obnitoux and is very unpridictable, and this is the way he should be, not some siycopath that jabbes a pencil through a guy's eye. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the dark knight, infact, I thought that it was the best movie of 2008, but this is the batman movie that all batman fans wanted. It's dark, it's mysterious, and it's actually funny at times. Also, I think that Michle Keton is by far the best actor to ever play batman. If your a fan of batman you have to see this movie, otherwise you cant call yourself a batman fan. And if your not a fan of comic book movies then prepare to become one.

Teen, 17 years old Written byschuym1 December 26, 2010

Excellent Joker and Batman

I enjoy this movie. For people that don't like this or call it dull like Common Sense, just remember that there would be no Batman Begins or The Dark Knight if it wasn't for this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygregguy March 26, 2016

Good movie for older tweens and up

First of all, this movie is really dark, but not as dark as the newer movies. There is of course violence throughout the entire movie and some blood, but not very much. It is implied that two of the characters have sex. There is some language, sh*t is said 2 or 3 times and the word d*ck is said once. This is a good movie but it is not for young kids. Anyone under 12 should have an adult with them when they watch this.

Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2016

This Batman movie was bad.

This movie was okay I do not recommend this movie. It's kind of dumb. It's kind of violent Batman drops a guy into acid. If You like DC movies you will be disappointed. This movie wasn't really good.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylucamations March 16, 2014

CSM is so wrong

me and my sisters watched this on encore which doesn't cut anything out and within ten minutes we heard shlt and dlck. and i THINK i MIGHT have heard a f-ck but i don't know. we turned it off then.

Teen, 13 years old Written byquickbuild2345 March 14, 2011

Dark, dull, and creepy, but not without highlights

First of all, the story: a fairly generic Batman plot where a bad guy falls into a pit of acid and turns into the Joker, a homicidal psycho with a taste for theatricality. The rest of the movie is slightly boring, and disturbing sometimes, but also sometimes enjoyable with some good acting or a spot of humor, although the action scenes aren't quite up to what you'd expect from a superhero movie. Violence: there's no lack of it. Multiple people are shot, although we rarely see blood. The most graphic instance is when the Joker fires about 15 bullets into a man. We only see the first few hit him, but we later see blood on the newspaper that had been in front of him. The Joker stabs a man in the neck with a quill pen (bloodless), electrocutes a man to the point where he is a charred, blackened, bloody corpse, shoots acid at people, and uses gas that causes people to laugh to death, literally. Before he becomes the Joker, he is shot in the face (fairly bloody). There's a lot of punching, sometimes with blood, and a couple of people take long, fatal falls. Sex: it is implied that Bruce and Vicky spend the night, along with some double entendres. Language: there is some fairly course swearing (worst instances being s**t and g**d**n). There is some drinking.

Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2016

Pretty good movie, but still iffy for younger kids

I think this is a pretty good movie. Even though CSM said 12+, I still think 10-year-olds can handle the frequent mild (sometimes cartoon) violence. There is some blood, but the violence isn't too graphic. The Joker shoots his own thug to calm down after getting enraged. There really is some campiness. The Joker is seen dancing to music. He looks creepy and could scare younger kids. I actually liked this movie. Some mature stuff. A fair amount of language includes words like "s--t", "s--t up", the H word, "godd-mn it", "fr--k", "idiot", "d--k", and "b---h." Some alcohol reference. Anyway, this is a great movie that I would highly recommend for superhero fans.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster August 1, 2016

"I'm Batman"

This is probably the best Batman-film ever made. Micheal Keaton is amazing as Bruce Wayne/Batman, and Jack Nicholson is probably the best (and funniest) Joker. This film has lots of fighting in it, and it includes; fistfights, an electrocution, a pen in the throat, a few gun-shots, etc. Most is 90's style and campy, but someone falls off a building and there is a little blood. The story is very entertaining though, and the tech, and everything are really cool to watch. Swearing is minimal (B***h a & S**T) and there are just a few kisses. If you want to introduce a kid to Batman, this is the movie. Just the right amount of action, a good story, and a great villain.

Kid, 9 years old August 10, 2016

MUST READ!!!!!

I think this is quite a bloody movie and it has some swearing. It has just sort of bad stuff. It is a little bit scary. I think its o.k for kids 13 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 July 16, 2010
This movie was an excellent movie. Language includes ba--ard, d--n, he--(said twice), b-tch, s--t, d--k, and then some .. Eerything is said once except for he--. Violent wise, you see batmans parents get killed with no blood, a man is killed and slid across a desk, showing blood on the desk, The Joker is shot in the face in the beginning showing blood, then falling into a strange chemical. You see a bloody surgery room, a man getting stabbed in the neck with a stick pen, and a man getting electrecuted and then just a burnt corpse, and the joker falls off a building. There is a couple of kisses.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Teen, 16 years old Written byChloe's movies May 29, 2017
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2019

Batman

This film is violent but not too violent id suggest 10 and up but if the kid is mature 8 or 9 is ok

Teen, 14 years old Written byNintenfan May 1, 2016

A good but cheesy superhero film

It's pretty dark, but nothing kids over 4 can't handle. There isn't any blood. They mention sex once, but it's in a way that kids wouldn't understand. The Joker might be a little scary for children, but if you're four or up, you can handle it
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2016

Cool

Dark and a little voilent
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2016

Much darker and violent than the previous 60's Movie

For just under three decades, Batman was associated with campy and corny, 60's Series And Movie, but that was changed when Tim Burton decided too, make it a lot darker. It has violence like the scene the Joker, electrocuted somebody and killed them because of it. There was also another scene, where, the Joker shot some guy and killed him, ... of course. There was also a third scene where the Joker, killed someone, ...again... by stabbing him in the neck with a pen. And, in one scene, ...spoiler alert!!!!... Batman had the Joker fall to his death and die. There where also some iconic moments like, the "I'm Batman" scene, the "get nuts" scene, and the "Jack is dead my friend, you can call me... Joker". And Jack Nicholson had a great performance as the Joker, and stole scenes from Michael Keaton's Batman, I love the line from the Joker when Batman starts beating up the Joker and the Joker puts on glasses and says, "You wouldn't hit a guy would ya, ... huh?" and Batman smacks the glasses off his face. There is also occasionally swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byspongebobfan557 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 10, 2014

The first batman vs the joker

For the late 80's not bad but a decent batman movie. A main character falls to his death twice only to be resurrected the first time.
Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2017

Go tim burton!

Really the only problem is the violence. Some language but not to much.