All parent member reviews for Batman: Gotham Knight

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 8, 2011

I think parents go a little too crazy over the language and violence thing.ass.yes it is a bad word but it's not that big.now if there were more bad words then yes I would be concerned.it all depends on how you raise your kid(s) and what you believe
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 6, 2010

extremely violent
Adult Written bygamenerd323 January 21, 2010

This Dark Batman anime if full of blood and violence.

This has blood, guns, fighting, and bad language like as*, son of a bi*ch, hell, dam*-it. The violence was bloody, people are shot and blood gushes out, a man is shot straight through his head and blood pools under him, a guy is punched in the stomach and throws up, when people are punched they will often bleed or spit out blood, batman is shot twice with alot of blood shown, a guy get's his head cut off with blood and the severed head shown but it is later learned that it is fake. So I recommend this for teens.
Adult Written bymrs.black09 December 8, 2009

Very Blood, Shoddy Artwork, and Underuse of Great Villians

I have to say, I was severely disappointed. After the fanboy hype about this movie, I was expecting a masterpiece, but only the short about Deadshot was any good (the Scarecrow short could have been better if it was longer - everything is better with Scarecrow!) and, for something that was supposed to plug the gaps between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight, it ran surprisingly free and loose with the Nolanverse canon. The artwork in most of the shorts was also rather shoddy. I have literally read better fanfiction. Parent-wise, there wasn't any strong language that I recall or any sex - but the violence was appalling. I'm shocked commonsensemedia put it at iffy for 11+, animated or not - I'm a grown woman and I almost threw up during two scenes - in one, Bruce Wayne is volunteering in an emergency room and witnesses an extremely graphic surgery, and in the very first short when a kid imagines a vampire-like version of Batman taking an unidentified bad guy's head off - again, very graphic. Blood spatters in literally ever single story - but those were the worst two examples. Thank God these shorts didn't feature the Joker - I can just imagine how blood-drenched his short would have been. For this reason, I put it at much higher age group, and feel that, animated or no, it should have gotten a stiffer rating from the MPAA.
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009