All teen and kid member reviews for Battle: Los Angeles

Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 May 20, 2012

great

awesome movie it was really great at the opening scene
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 June 17, 2013

Most realistic alien movie ever! Cant wait for the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally really liked this movie. even though the acting was a bit off at times. There is ALOT of language but other than that there is only violence that you would expect to see. bodies lying around burned bodies etc......... The positive messages are extensive from forgiveness to teamwork and sacrifice.....SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Towards the end a soldier goes up on a tower and calls an air force base to make a missle strike on the thing that controls the drones and the aliens can track radio frequencies. So he knows hes gonna die but its because of him that the command and control ship gets destroyed. and will look forward to the sequel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEpicKingKong January 7, 2013

Content is suitable for 9+ but most younger kids won't get the story

Loved this film! One of the best war films ever. As for the age rating, bar the moderate language and some violence there's not a lot that would be inappropriate for younger viewers. In my opinion the content is ok for 9+ but I recommend it for older kids because some younger children might not understand the point of the story.
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2014

Alien invasion movie is entertaining but violent.

This movie was pretty entertaining, however equally violent. You can expect extensive war and sic-fi violence including destruction, gun battles, explosions, and disturbing images of a character trying to understand how to kill one of the aliens. Although this movie is really violent, I wouldn't really be concerned unless you are extremely sensitive. One main character dies, which can be emotional. There is also a lot of cruising including several variations of "s**t," to f-words, as well as "b**ch," "a**," "h**l," "g*d**n," and "b*stard." One character gets drunk and throws up. Altogether, although sexual content isn't a problem, parents beware of extensive sci-fi warfare and frequent harsh profanity make this a movie only suitable for older action junkies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerplayer7 April 5, 2012

Good movie but has violence and language

It was a pretty good movie but two loud and clear f words and some violence including the death of a young boy's dad and a scene where they try to find the heart of a found alien by cutting it open. Watery, green blood sprays.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKiWiiZ7 December 7, 2011

Amazing... For me... An action addict

Im an action junkie, and this movie was amazing, however i dont care about story lines. And although i liked this movie so much i will admit the story line is poor, but amazing directing, and camera shots . Great tension build ups, this movie is good for people who just want some fun :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byEinstein27brandon March 26, 2012

Entertaining.

I'm 15, anpd personally I found the movie rather entertaining. For those with a feel for sci-fi action and war, go out and watch it. Most children 10 and up won't have a problem watching most scenes, perhaps with the exception of the part where the soldiers disect the alien being.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

Battle: LA is violent and...... O.Kay

The good stuff * Messages: Despite the movie's nonstop violence, it does promote the value of teamwork and thinking positively. * Role models: The soldiers show bravery and positive thinking, and they work together well, solving problems and eventually triumphing over the odds. Nantz is haunted by past battles and terrible mistakes he's made; his men don't trust him, but he demonstrates admirable heroism. He shows inclusiveness and empathy toward the story's civilians. What to watch out for * Violence: This movie is an almost constant battle, with a plethora of guns and shooting. Many characters get shot and die, and there's a generous amount of blood. There are also grenades, missiles, and big explosions, as well as general devastation and destruction. In one graphic scene, the heroes "operate" on an alien body, looking for major organs in an attempt to figure out how to kill it. * Sex: Not an issue. * Language: Language is strong and frequent, pushing the boundaries of a PG-13 rating. Words include one "f--k," as well as many uses of "s--t," plus "a*s," "he*l," "god*amn," "Jesus Christ" (as an exclamation), "da*n," "ba***rd," "oh my God," and "son of a bi*ch." * Consumerism: Some billboards can be seen, including Pepsi and Panda Express. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

One of The Best Action Movies I've Ever Watched

I watched this with my 15 year old brother and 9 year old sister and we all agreed that it was an awesome movie! After watching many different action movies, I have only seen a few with a storyline as good as this one. Definitely a must watch for people looking for a good action movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacktheCool August 14, 2013

Dont give one star rating!

Hey! This movie is not bad! How come this web only gives a one star! And this movie is not THAT violent!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow August 4, 2012

A phenomenol cut-above most alien movies

Battle: Los Angeles is my second favorite science fiction film, after Battlefield Earth, and my third favorite war film, after Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor. It may seem to derive from War of the Worlds and Independence Day at times, but it actually manages to create a whole new style of science fiction filmmaking. For one thing, there are almost no close-ups of the aliens, which gives it a feel of scariness similar to Jaws and The Blair Witch Project. Also, it's one of the first alien invasion movies that I've seen that focuses entirely on the combat and not on a "family in distress" plot. Plus, it doesn't waste any time with excessive build-ups or backstories, it just instantly hits us with explosions and special effects. It's not heartwarming or anything, but underneath the violence and language, there is a positive message about teamwork, and the characters are great role models for their bravery. This is certain to provide screaming entertainment for alien movie fans, and it will also please some war movie fans. Loud, old-school, and shamelessly entertaining!
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2012

battle:los angles makes transformers pass out

I think commen sense media is definetly over emphasing it.This film may not have depp characters or a fascinating plot but who cares when all this kick-ass action is going on.Freeways are dystroied,buildings are blown up and it is just plain thrills all the way.One critcsim is that the aliens aren't that interesting.Yes,their after our water but they look shoddy and they coulnd't hold a candel to the darkest hour's aliens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir July 19, 2012

Good epic movie

I am 13 and I think this movie is one of the best! For some one this movie is stupid, for some one is scary, and for some one is most awesome movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 16, 2012

violent, bad language

Very violent! Lots of killing and blood involved. My 9 year old brother loved it because of the aliens and the violence. Probably not good for girls, definitely a boy movie to watch. LOTS OF SWEAR WORDS! Good role models, the characters are brave, honest and loyal. Set a good example.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr. Tights June 8, 2012

Okay movie

If I could rate this movie it would be: PG-13 Intense sequences of sci-fi violence thoughout and language
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 May 22, 2012

Violent alein movie drags

This movie didn't impress me, it was slow for a while and just not very good
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2011

Great for tweens+

Loved it! Great story and very intense. Language: 1 f-word, frequent use of s**t, and others.
Teen, 13 years old Written byALFADAWG January 12, 2013

great movie... don't listen to csm

i don's know who reviewed this for commonsense media, but they were way off. this movie is great. the action scenes are well paced and the acting is amazing. there is a lot more to this movie than destruction. the movie is about working together, and sacrifice. many people die to save the lives of others in this movie and i am sad that csm did not even bring this up in the review. i recommend that everyone see this movie when they get old enough. it will not disappoint.
Kid, 8 years old February 17, 2013

Battle Los Angeles

Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2013

An Entertaining Movie

I decided to see it even though C.S.M said it was a waste of time. It isn't. I agree that it isn't good, but it's still enjoyable. It has a very unoriginal plot, and the characters aren't well developed. They're still good role models anyway. There's tons of language, and almost non-stop violence. There's lots of explosions and shooting. There's also a really gross scene when they disect an alien. There's also a scene where a soldier drinks too much beer and throws up. Most 11 year old boys will be able to handle this movie, but most 11 year old girls won't.