All parent member reviews for Battleship

Parent of a 9, 19, and 21 year old Written byhtcblondie November 10, 2012

Turned out to be a hit for the entire family!

My youngest son is almost 10, and we are very careful what he watches because it usually comes back in his sleep:/ However after a friend suggested this movie, knowing that we are always trying to find a movie to soothe his action type desire, we gave this one a go. It was a huge hit for the entire family. It does have some drinking (beginning bar scene) and some romantic parts (the make out on the beach is as far as the "sex" goes - covering the eyes works), but it was nothing that really made an impact to make me think twice about watching it again. The violence is all in context and was so far from reality, it couldn't effect him once the movie was over. I appreciated that this film wasn't made "dark" like many of the action flicks out there. Watch this movie without any expectations, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat June 7, 2015

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 3, 2013

Cool, but like independence day!

Just like independence day! So good! Sci-fi is awesome! Effects are amazing! Must watch for 10 and up!
Parent Written byMomom2817 June 21, 2012

GREAT!

It was GREAT! Much better than all the reviewers claimed. I want to see it again and hope there is going to be a sequel. The use of real World War II vets, and the old battleship Missouri, was FANTASTIC!!! My daughters are 11 and 15 and they thought it was as good as the Avengers.
Adult Written bymomof9yoboy May 29, 2012

good movie!!

There is definite violence and younger kids might be a little afraid of the aliens. If your kids watch other movies like this it is about the same. You see people bloody yes but no one being torn apart by explosions. My 9 year old son watches Spiderman and Transformers movies etc and was a little nervous about "oh no whats going to happen next" but in no way scared. The language isn't too bad sh*t a few time. they say mother**cker but they change frames before the f-word comes out. you hear motherfffff
Adult Written byage 10+ May 27, 2012

Great Sci-Fi Flick That's Much Better Then Transformers

Parent Written byEMTPtoRN May 26, 2012

Battleship- good for 11 and up

This was a sci-fi movie. Lots of blowing things up and fireball damage. No true gory bloody stuff. A few S words and two references to the F word... Such as "Mahalo Mother (last word gets covered by sound of explosion) and something like "let's put some lead on this mother F-UH (FIRE)" (they never really finish saying "thee" word but we know what they are getting at. Also, there are some consumerism issues with Subway and Coke Zero. (At least they are the healthier ones :-) There is some minor kissing, a shirtless hot guy, and in the beginning of the movie, there is a bar scene in which he is celebrating his birthday by doing shots and drinking and committing a stupid crime for a stupid reason. Took my almost 12 year old daughter and only blocked her eyes for one making out beach scene... but of course she shooed my hand away. It never got worse than that. Enjoy!