All parent member reviews for Beastly

Parent Written byKate-Alexandra October 22, 2011

Actor, Alex Pettyfer is definitely, "Delish", "what a very pretty, pretty boy", but, acting ability, not so pretty!

Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMel739 August 1, 2011

Great mother/daughter chick flick

Modern day beauty and the beast. Very cute, with the positive message at the end that looks dont matter when it comes to love.
Adult Written bymaddygmoo March 7, 2011

this. movie. was. so. good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byVAsher March 2, 2011

Mild PG-13

It was a mild PG-13. A little language and references to bad behavior, including drugs, but this was portrayed as a bad thing (Lindy's father is a druggie, which made her sad). The only really crude comment was, about halfway through, Kyle looks at his page (from before he was a beast) on a Facebook-like network. Under "interests," it lists, "anything bangable." Disgusted with his prior behavior, he deletes the page. I think this would fly over most kids' heads, as it did my daughter's. This movie had good messages about love and the importance of appearance. While neither Kyle nor Lindy's fathers were good role models, they (the kids) both wanted to please them, and the characters of Kyle's mentors, were good role models, who talked to him about how to be a better man.
Adult Written bywonder dove March 30, 2013

Cute teeny-bopper fantasy flick!

I already knew this was going be a cheesy made-for-TV chick flick by viewing the trailer but I still wanted to see it. It wasn't that bad for a teen fantasy story about love and acceptance, but it still felt corny to watch as a young adult. Yes, I do think most tweens and some teens would like this. Mary-Kate's character was just too laughable. Vanessa Hudgen's character felt weak and Alex Pettyfer's monstrous character was probably the most realistic. I did however, like the messages throughout about what you put out there will come back at you, loving and accepting yourself and those around you. Treating others how you would like to be treated...etc. so I scored it 3 stars! Would I recommend it to teens? Absolutely. Violence includes an off-screen shooting which kills a man. Lots of arguments. Some bullying at a school. Sexual content has a guy seen shirtless a few times, some innocent kissing by couples and flirting. Language consists of some common curse words but I do not recall any "f" words used. A scene at a party with underage drinking (nothing wild). Also a reference to witchcraft used for good/learning purposes. Okay for 13 and up!!
Adult Written byjoshua martinez November 21, 2012

14 and up.

this science fiction love romance movie stars with Vanessa Hudgens beastly is an average science fiction romance movie that talks about love good for your older teens and parents the only concerns that you need to know is that beastly has some few sexual innuendos there's also some mild language used and some underage drinking used.
Parent Written byhonee841 January 27, 2012

READ THE BOOK LAZY WICTHEZZZZZZZ

if you read that BOOK instead of getting a stupid 2 hour cheep movie. you will be happier that you picked the book instead of the movie. there was A LOT of differences between them. Like the mirror in the book was brilliance and the dress in the 5th floor was AMAZING!!! the decorator did a a horrible job. READ THE BOOK PLEASE!!!!!
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bytwoboys9899 September 4, 2011

Not quite "beastly"

We checked out the ratings on this and discussed the language etc. with our boys before watching with them. The story was good with the expected outcome. One thing I feel compelled to note was the reaction of my 12 year old son. When the main character was transformed into the "beast" my son replied, "ya, but he's still ripped" Typical Hollywood stuff, even the supposedly ugly people are attractive.
Parent Written bycleanmoviemama August 30, 2011

too much unneeded swearing pollutes good message

pretty much the only reason this movie is pg-13 is the language, and there is a lot of it. It comes off more as the swearing to be cool, and make it more of a teenager movie to me. I'm torn because the message was good, but the constant swearing made me almost walk out. basic story he's a jerk and so focused on physical apperance. after his curse he starts to care about people. His dad is a jerk, and never spent time with him before, but after his curse the dad basically disowns him. The main girl's father is addicted to drugs (although they just breifly mention he's an addict) it's a good look at at who you can be in certain situations and that everyone has issues, but you just need to love yourself, look for the good in others and do the best you can. the swearing is less after he's been cursed, but it's really just all through the movie. age wise no ones needs to listen to all the language and think it's just normal, but outside of language there isn't anything to put an age limit on it.
Parent of a 15 and 16 year old Written bydolphin11 March 26, 2011

i thought it was a good movie. better than the twilight series. it was a total "chic flick". but well worth it.
Adult Written byPURPLE-ESQUE March 18, 2011

Sorry, The Beastie Boy Is Luke Warm

Well...I was hoping for more. And by "more" I don't mean more language, sex, or violence -- I'm happy when ALL that stuff is left OUT of a movie. This one kept it down pretty well. But I was disappointed in the dialogue. Nothing very witty or interesting. I didn't even care that much about the characters, and I wanted to. It COULD have been a great little movie with sassier writing, and a few more compelling / vulnerable scenes that made us care more about Kyle. Too bad -- it had potential.
Adult Written byWaterNymph March 12, 2011

FANTASTIC!!! Definitely a new favorite of mine!

This is my new favorite movie!! My boyfriend took me to see it and we really enjoyed it. I found the lack of sex scenes and over-the-top cussing very refreshing. The movie had a great message, and I fell in love with the characters. It's funny, touching, sweet, and though it was a modern twist on the original story there were a lot of little touches that reminded me of the original. I gained a lot of respect for Vanessa Hudgens as an actress, and would recommend this to anyone. I even plan on buying it when it comes out, and I don't say that about a lot of movies these days.
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written bystaceyegan March 7, 2011

I absolutely loved this movie! In my opinion "Common Sense Media" goes overboard about the age to watch this movie. There was nothing in the movie that is disturbing to younger ages including me, and I'm only ten! I defiantly give this movie five stars and if your parents say " You cannot watch this movie because common sense media says you have to be fourteen!", then show them this review!
Adult Written byGerald Filbert March 7, 2011

I think this movie was great and will appeal to young teens.