Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Beautiful Creatures

Lush book adaptation mixes romance, fantasy, some violence.

Adult Written byKobeHerr1 February 18, 2013

Good Sci-Fi Movie

I'm not sure where the other reviews report that their is a lot of sexual activity because aside from some kissing, there is NONE. This was an over all good movie that has a very interesting sci-fi approach. My daughter is actually going to pick up the novels now to read, so it resulted in a good outcome as well! No inappropriate material for children ages 12 and up in my opinion.

Parent Written bylilhuggems March 2, 2013

NOT FOR CHILDREN!!!

I saw this movie and thought to my self who would let pre-teens see such things?! There was drinking, passionate kissing, language, and completely inappropriate clothing. But as an adult I personally liked it.

Parent Written byMynameiscarlos February 28, 2013

Dark Romance, time pass movie.

Beautiful Creatures was an okay romance movie and was good too. Must watch but 12+ only. Mind the pg-13 rating.
Adult Written bySmartMom989 February 23, 2013

Definitely, a must see!

I think common sense went a little overboard with the ratings. It is an appropriate movie for 12 or 11 year olds.(having taken my 11 and 12 year old) I definitely recommend it! It is based on a book about a witch with magical powers. My daughters (12 and 11) loved it!

Parent of a 9 year old Written byDavidhp7 March 29, 2013

Beautiful creatures

Honestly common sense pause 13 you have to be joking I was thinking about going with my nine year old to see this but my wife said we shouldn't Because common sense said 13 so I went to see it myself to see what they were talking about and sure enough there wasn't a problem so I came back Home and the very next day I took him to see it and he wasn't fightened a bit we both loved it

Parent Written byJen711 February 27, 2013

Not that great.

This movie had a decent concept, but somewhere in the middle it started to feel like a made-for-tv movie. Not something that's cinema quality. On a shallow side note, the main character's southern accent starts to get annoying after awhile. On the plus side, the bad language was minimal and no sex, just some kissing.

Adult Written bySarahJo8 February 23, 2013

Great movie!

Adult Written byDadloveschildren78 February 23, 2013

Good

Appropriate for kids.

Adult Written byMegan M. September 2, 2017
If you aren't a fan of witches or magic, this movie is not for you, but I found it to be a nice little romance with a plot line based in the whole idea of good v.s. evil. There's a bit of making out in one or two scenes and plenty of kissing, but nothing teens can't handle. Also a few curse words, but not so much as to affect the quality of the movie (I personally hate it when almost every line of dialogue if filled with crude language). Overall, it was a good movie, and I would recommend it for teens. Some of the most positive messages are about love, loyalty, and sacrifice.
Adult Written bysusiemom87 February 23, 2013

Must go see!

Great Movies!

Adult Written byAngela R. November 19, 2017

Dissapointed

The movie LOOKED good, the trailer to me told a totally different story. Overall it was a dissapointment. Maybe something you watch once and then move on, it is definitely not cinema worthy. I bet there were people snoring in the theater. Not much "Romance" if you ask me, it was a bit dry. Theres no sex, just kissing- intense kissing. The main characters accent is SO fake and annoying!!!! Uggghhh. I wanted to smack him. The storyline overall is DRY, meaning boring! Not very exciting, but- it is a great movie to fall asleep to. My 2 year old passed out watching it, so this parent is happy! LOL

Adult Written bycindy9271 March 27, 2019

Great movie for teenagers

I thought this was a great little movie about love and choices with some fantasy thrown in. No problems with sex in this movie. Overall a great choice for teenagers.

Adult Written bycindy9271 March 27, 2019