All parent member reviews for Beautiful Creatures

Educator and Parent Written byKobeHerr1 February 18, 2013

Good Sci-Fi Movie

I'm not sure where the other reviews report that their is a lot of sexual activity because aside from some kissing, there is NONE. This was an over all good movie that has a very interesting sci-fi approach. My daughter is actually going to pick up the novels now to read, so it resulted in a good outcome as well! No inappropriate material for children ages 12 and up in my opinion.
Parent Written byJen711 February 27, 2013

Not that great.

This movie had a decent concept, but somewhere in the middle it started to feel like a made-for-tv movie. Not something that's cinema quality. On a shallow side note, the main character's southern accent starts to get annoying after awhile. On the plus side, the bad language was minimal and no sex, just some kissing.
Parent Written byDadloveschildren78 February 23, 2013

Good

Appropriate for kids.
Parent Written bysusiemom87 February 23, 2013

Must go see!

Great Movies!
Parent Written bySmartMom989 February 23, 2013

Definitely, a must see!

I think common sense went a little overboard with the ratings. It is an appropriate movie for 12 or 11 year olds.(having taken my 11 and 12 year old) I definitely recommend it! It is based on a book about a witch with magical powers. My daughters (12 and 11) loved it!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byDavidhp7 March 29, 2013

Beautiful creatures

Honestly common sense pause 13 you have to be joking I was thinking about going with my nine year old to see this but my wife said we shouldn't Because common sense said 13 so I went to see it myself to see what they were talking about and sure enough there wasn't a problem so I came back Home and the very next day I took him to see it and he wasn't fightened a bit we both loved it
Parent Written bylilhuggems March 2, 2013

NOT FOR CHILDREN!!!

I saw this movie and thought to my self who would let pre-teens see such things?! There was drinking, passionate kissing, language, and completely inappropriate clothing. But as an adult I personally liked it.
Parent Written byMynameiscarlos February 28, 2013

Dark Romance, time pass movie.

Beautiful Creatures was an okay romance movie and was good too. Must watch but 12+ only. Mind the pg-13 rating.
Parent Written bySarahJo8 February 23, 2013

Great movie!

Parent Written byDan G. February 15, 2013

Great movie if you are raising your kids to be heathens.

The film attempts to teach that Christianity is nothing more than another wicca phenomenon, to be dispensed with or accepted in any way that one 'feels'. There is sacriligious behavior shown, as well as a graphic depiction of irresponsible reproductive behavior (sexual intercourse) between unmarried persons. Spinkled in with this fare is profanity and vulgar language. Oh, yes, just the type of behavior I want modelled for my teenaged children.