All teen and kid member reviews for Beautiful Creatures

Teen, 13 years old Written byidawowcat February 14, 2013

Important review for parents.

I loved this movie. I didn't read the book but that's okay for me, but don,t let my talk get away there is a lot of the da.. Word and a guy named Link who got a lot if makeout sceanes with the evil caster cousin and also with the leads there was a lot of passionate kissing and if you don,t like the thought of witches in churches NOT THE RIGHT MOVIE FOR YOU. 3 and a half stars :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubyredwolves February 14, 2013

Great Movie!!!!!

Amazing movie!!!! It was a great story, and had a perfect amount of action and suspence. (Although the book was still much much better, and it didn't follow the book as much as I would have liked it to) I think there was a bit too much intense kissing, but overall it was an amazing movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySam789456 February 23, 2013

good

Was appropriate for my little sister(10). Great movie, almost better than book! No mature content, only light kissing
Teen, 17 years old Written byMiranda B. July 12, 2013

Read the books, don't see the movie.

I could tell from the trailers that the movie was going to be fully disappointing. So many things were different from the book! If you have never read the books then you will probably enjoy the film, but I have read the entire series and I could not stand how many differences there were. At first I thought, Jeremy Irons as Macon? Great! I never thought he'd be in a movie where I did not like his acting or the movie itself, but Beautiful Creatures has proved me wrong. I like Emmy Rossum as well, she is beautiful but not for the part of Ridley. Ridley is portrayed so differently in the books (plus she's blonde!). Anyways... the violence is mainly fantasy animation except for one instance towards the end where a character is shot with a loaded gun. Ridley is a siren who can make men do her bidding and definitely takes advantage of it. There is a lot of kissing (mostly harmless, kid-friendly) but there are a couple make-out scenes that are lingered on when they could've been cut shorter. The so-called "provocative" clothing Ridley wears is just ridiculous looking. As provocative as it gets is her wearing dresses that push up her breasts a little bit (she's not wearing anything extremely short or barely there, nothing like that). There is some language, but they are common words you would hear in any PG-13 movie. No f--- words or anything like that. There are a couple references to Google, and it is a running joke about how much one of the characters loves to use it so much. Now, I know I went on and on about how much I disliked this film, when this happens I always try to find one thing that I did like so people who disagree with me do not totally turn off to reading my reviews. My one upside of this movie was when I realized that Link was being played by Thomas Mann. He is one of those great, up-and-coming actors who is just getting started with his career (you might recognize him from Project X). To end I'll summarize a little bit: If you have not picked up any of the books in the Beautiful Creatures series then you will probably enjoy this film, but if you're like me and have read all the novels then you will more than likely be disappointed with many aspects of this film.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 June 20, 2013

Not worth the time

I didn't like this movie. Personally I don't like any paranormal movies but I decided I would watch this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshainajj June 9, 2013

Teens+

I read Beautiful Creatures, before I even knew about the movie. The book was somewhat inappropriate, but hard to comprehend. The movie is very inappropriate, I'm 13, and I probably shouldn't have seen it.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2013

Define good.

Wow!! I went to see this not expecting much, but it's REALLY good!! There is a lotta kissing and things like that, and there is a lot of violence (in one scene, a mind controlled boy kills somebody). There are positive rolemodels because Lena always wants to do what is best for her family and Ethan, and Ethan is protecting Lena through out the movie. Watch it!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byabeerah_123 February 25, 2015

Did i read the wrong book?

This movie was an experience for me. Especially at the end when young old Ethan Wate loses his memories. At this part of the movie I felt like I didn't even want to read the second book. because the ending of that movie got me so mad That ending was nothing let me repeat nothing like the book. I was so eager to see how they act out the ending because its so suspenseful and my favorite part, but the thing is, it wasn't. so i was very dissapointed because if you haven't read the book you haven't felt the pain. as John green said, pain demands to be felt.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykeiramalm22 March 24, 2014

The BEST!

I love it, kids 9 and older can watch it, it's not that violent!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2014

Good Movie, Good Characters, Good Message

This movie is super good! I love it, however it has some sexual scenes like when Ridley is making out with Link on a bed (dont worry clothes are on) and when Lena and Ethan make out and the sound effects show that they really got into it. There are some explicit like b*tch and hell. This also has some violence like a glass breaking and cutting the mean kids at school. There is magic in that tends to spark kid's imagination. The movie shows selflessness by having the main character give up her happiness to save somebody she loves. This shows the value of love and goodness. Overall it is good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 February 20, 2013

Love. Love. Love.

I saw this movie a couple days ago, and I absolutely loved it. I am a huge fan of the book series, and I was very happy with the adaptation. On of my favorite elements was how real the main characters Lena and Ethan's relationship was. It had some very funny moments and some that melted your heart. Some things that parents need to look for is language, like s--t or b---h. There is some sexual content, but only intense kissing. There is some violence, but mostly supernatural. I recommend this to everyone! It is a sweet love story with a supernatural twist. While the ending may not seem satisfying, keep in mind this is a series!
Teen, 14 years old Written by808girl February 16, 2013

Mature Content

a good movie for mature teens
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 6, 2017

Very entertaining fun!

Beautiful Creatures is a great choice for families will kids 11 and up! People who like Twilight are sure to love this one! The acting is good, Davis, Thompson, Englert, irons, and Ehrenreich is all great. And the special effects are well made and fun to watch. Emma was my personal favorite here, her performance is so gripping and real. The content isn't severe at all either. The language is mild and words come far and few in between. Sexual content is kept to kissing and some teenage flirting. Violence isn't bad either. Families with kids 11+ enjoy!
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

READ THE BOOK INSTEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents this is very scary movie for children but if you are a fan of twilight and scary romantic stories than this is the right movie choice for you. But still do not watch the movie because it has very poor acting in it! It is a good story but they made it bad read the book instead!
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

I Love This Movie!!!!!

This is full of action, and romance. It is not like the book in any way. It only has to do with the plot of the book. In the movie it does swear a lot. I would recommend this movie to people who have not read the books.
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2013

Love the Movie, Close enough to the Book

Many positive life-messages to ponder, a few scary images, a bit of language, long kisses, good role models, perfect for teens, I read the book and this movie was satisfying enough for me.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybriannabrightlovesya August 25, 2013

great movie and books

I saw the movie with my nana and loved it. I went to the bookstore after the movie and picked up the 1st book. About 2weeks later. I picked up the decontrol book and third and fourth. My face was the second book. Beautiful darkness
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

Great series!

I loved the 1st movie and I'm exited about reading the book.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAJG5070 July 13, 2013

Good movie

Teens are shown kissing and some kinda like bullying and there is still violence but , suitable for 11 and 12