All teen and kid member reviews for Beauty and the Beast

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusic4life92 October 13, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 14, 2010

A Masterpiece

Beauty and the Beast is my all the time favorite Disney movie (which is saying something, as I love them all so much!) and I made an account here just to defend it. First of all, Belle doesn't start loving Beast (or Prince Adam, whichever you prefer) until he stops treating her badly. Unlike some of the other Royal Disney couples, I believe Belle and Beast truly love each other, rather than the lust at first sight couples such as Snow White and her Prince and Cinderella and Charming have. If she was going to fall for that, she would have gone for Gaston. Belle is a great role model. She stands out, doesn't care what others think (great to have a kid appericting that trait young for once they get to middle school or high school), and she's not shallow. The animation is great, the music is great, it's simply...a masterpiece
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 24, 2010

One of my most favourite movies of all time

Its sorta odd for a 13 year old to say this, but I adore this movie. The character of Belle is an excellent role model and the beast changes from a shallow man to a kind prince. WAY better than other disney movies I found some what annoying such as Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Gaston is the best disney villain XD.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmaLu April 15, 2011
It is a great movie. I am a huge Disney movie lover! It will probable be scary for younger kids though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 January 9, 2011

LOOOOOOVE IT!!

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! This is one of the best Disney movies of all time. The story line is great, as are the messages and role models of the movie. Belle sees through the Beat's looks and looks at the warmth in his heart, and the Beast starts caring for Belle. There's minor scariness, because when little kids see him at first they will be frightened when he is very mean to Belle. Gaston and his "people" come to the castle to kill the Beast, and G. eventually falls off the balcony, after he stabs Beast with a knife. EVERYONE 6+!!!!!!!!! :D
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2016

Inspirational movie

FINALLY! A movie where the Disney princess is smart! Congrats, Disney!
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2012

wow...

yeah...Im not into this stuff , so.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysusieboo July 14, 2011

My favorite Disney princess

Belle is smart, kind, brave, beautiful, and, best of all, won't take Beast's crap. The Beast, in turn, learns to become a better person. The fight scene between the Beast and the villain at the end is a bit scary for younger kids. Lumiere and one of the maids flirt a lot, but nothing too extreme.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

LOVE IT EVEN NOW!

Every time I go through all of my old Disney VHS tapes, I ALWAYS watch Beauty and the Beast. Even at 15, I love it. It has great tunes that little kids will obviously be singing for days afterwards because they're just that catchy. And Lumiere and that clock guy are hilarious, especially to a little kid.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013

Fab film!

Great film! Bad things: mob scene is scary, as is Gaston and the Beast's fight. Depends on your child, but my little sister ( now six, then five ), was fine. If they're more sensitive, they can just cover their eyes or go out the room for the scariest bits. Good things: songs are amazing, characters interesting and fun, message great, one of the best disney films ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu December 10, 2012

Its sad how popular this crap is

This is not funny, i'll tell you what's funny, the fact that this crap exists, it does not even bother to try, it does not even have anything entertaining, this piece of crap is not even bothering to keep my eyes on, this is just revolting, these idiots just sit there and sing, and my dog is named Belle which is named after that stupid girl. This movie is just .....WHY?! I hate musicals so much, Disney, word of advice, stick to your pixar movies and not your stupid piece of crap musicals.
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2012

Beauty And The Beast

This film sends out a great message that it's your inner beauty that matters.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 January 23, 2012

One of the best Disney films ever

This movie is great for everyone! It's got entertaining songs, impressive visuals, and characters that not only show positive messages, but they are lovable. My two only complaints are that it might be scary for younger viewers, and Beauty and the Beast should have won Best Picture! This truly is a great film. :)
Kid, 12 years old December 8, 2011

For OLDER KIDS!

I think it was a just fine movie, but it can be a little scary for yougner kids, a little to much violance, and it gives out the wrong messages. Just remamber, A magnificent movie, for old enough kids. Like my age, i am 12 going on 13. and it is still a little scary for me, but i am just a wimp!
Kid, 9 years old March 12, 2011

perfect

love this movie
Kid, 9 years old October 10, 2010

It's one of my favorites

I think it is a very good movie, but I vast-forward through some parts. The parts aren't scary but they are not the fun.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCopper20 April 9, 2008

Scared me for a very short time

Great movie, but it's kinda freaky for a 4 year old.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoppy.bath June 17, 2016

love this movie but questionable message??

so, ok, don't get me wrong I love this movie! but let me just say, What kind of boyfriend holds his crush hostage, in hopes that she'll fall in love with him?? ummm..... odd... to say the least, he also treats her awfully, almost killing her father and verbally abusing her! what is up with that?? anyone younger than 10 will probably just see this as "Oh, beauty and the beast yay!" but I only reckon that the full meaning, will only be gotten by ages 12 up. Also my little feminist mind is raging over this, her name, is Belle, we get that, but is the movie called "belle and the beast"? No, no it is not, he falls for her on like, her third day in the castle, for her intellectual mind? No, he hardly talked to her, for her sweet nature? No, he was always to mad to see that, for her amazing figure and pretty face? Yes, yes he did, only letting her eat if she dressed up all pretty and joined him for dinner, he screams at her face but what does she do? Fall in love with him of course!! classic but mixed message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned February 27, 2016

B&B

It's like any other amazing Disney movie in my opinion (Sleeping Beauty and Frozen aren't amazing in my opinion- I only like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty). However the villain isn't what I call evil, more annoying than evil actually.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLeafMeadow April 6, 2015

Timeless Classic

This movie is just Beautiful. Belle is an intellegent Female who unlike other Disney movies back then, had a complex personality. She is a Normal Bookwotm Villager with outstanding Beauty, but isn't one of those obnoxious "Prince charming save me" Type of Girl. This is truly Good for the whole family, and I'd reccomend watching this if you haven't seen it. But I warn you- The beast may be intimidating for kids 5-.