Kid reviews for Because of Winn-Dixie

A girl and a dog educate a small southern town.

Wondering if Because of Winn-Dixie is OK for your kids?

Teen, 13 years old Written byChristianSoldier May 7, 2020

Movie, not daughter, was disrespectful to father

I read the book first, and frankly, I don't remember much of either.
What I do remember is that however good a character Winn-Dixie was portrayed as in the movie, the movie still made her a worse character than in the book. In fact, EVERY character was made worse!
And her preacher father's sermons were something that the movie said were to be mocked. Basically, they made him seem completely clueless about his daughter because he was a preacher. That's not how the book was. Both the book and Opal were respectful to her father's occupation, with the only bad thing about it being that he was busy most of the time.
Every good message that was in here came out of the book. And unless you really don't like reading, you're better off reading than watching.
Still, it wasn't a bad movie... it just certainly wasn't great!
Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2020

Some sad stuff.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEnoch September 1, 2018

Pretty good

If i had to be honest, this movie looked and felt a bit bland, but it still had heart. It wasnt drilled right into it like some modern movies these days. Instead it deals with real life problems drug use and overdosing. I think really need more movies like these. The talk about drugs was told well and actually gave a good message on what happens when you overdose. Overall, not the best movie put there, but its worth your buck to go give it a look. Not too fast paced, a bit slow paced, but overall, a good movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bysotoren000 June 29, 2018
Who doesn't love cute puppies. Funny stuff for the kids. But this should NOT be Rated PG. In fact out of all movies it should be Rated G. Besides it Ok. [G] (6+)

Kid, 9 years old March 17, 2018

Review of Winn-Dixie

This was a great movie, but I can't tell you the plot. I watched it. Opal is a great role model for people who are orphans.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHasseina November 15, 2017
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2015

Amazing movie!:)

This movie is incredible!! it is very sad in some parts and funny in others!
I highly recommend it! and I also HIGHLY recommend you read the BOOK first.
Lovely movie!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 February 16, 2015

Amazing book gets made into a terrific film

This was one of my favorite books that I read when I was younger. I remember watching the movie ever since I was younger about 4 or 5 years old. This is a very good dog movie. It gives us great messages about a lot of things and it also gives us a little bit about alcohol but it brings up great discussions for all of us younger kids to older teenagers alike. The movie is about Opal and how she moved to a new town. One day in the Winn-Dixie store in town she found a dog that became her own and she calls him Winn-Dixie. Her dog is a loyal friend to her and she ends up making friends with the other kids in the town. I read the book and I was glad they didn't change the ending and that the dog lives instead of dying like in Marley and Me. If you have any animal lovers like me and if your kids love animal, or dog movies and have read the book then this is one I recommend. This movie should have been rated g and not pg and this is one of my favorite films that I watched when I was younger!!! Winn Dixie reminds a lot of the dog I had when I was younger and my dog was a very loyal friend to me. I love dogs and cats and dog movies. You might need a box of tissues but I love that this is a dog movie where the dog does not die in it. It stays true to the book. I loved this movie ever since I was younger and I still watch it. It's a few good movie that I love and enjoy. P.S Annasophia Robb did a superb job as playing Opal in the movie and this is one of my all time favorite movies that I watched that she was in.

Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2014

BEST BOOK ON EARTH!!!

Best book of all time I read this book in 3rd grade now in 5th grade jst wanted to writea review on this book because this is my favorite book of all time,and I love this author!I request this book to people who need a book to read!This year in 5th grade I read a book from her The Magician's Elephant.Great writing and love the details she puts in her books!I love the way she uses the descriptive writing and hooks to make you keep on reading.Spaced out paragraphs so very easy to read,not jumbled up altogether.In this book at the beginning there is an AMAZING hook!Sad,but still amazing,sometimes funny too! Please read her books!

Kid, 6 years old November 22, 2014

It is better than Frozen

It is the best. Its SO cute.

Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2014

3.5 stars

The dog has the best smile. Funny with messages about life that are just so true.

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2014

fun and sweet

cute and useful for kids

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 12, 2012

It's alright

A pretty mediocre animal movie

Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2011

Great adaption of the book.

Greatest adaption of a book until Percy Jackson!

Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2011

8 And Up

Some parts of this movie may scare little kids like when they meet the blind lady, or when the librarian tells the story of the bear breaking in. But over all it's a happy movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAmericangirlforever August 23, 2010

"He's My Dog"-Opal

Wonderful Movie great actors nothing to complain about 5 out of 5

Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2010

Well Because of Winne-Dixxie -Opal

10 year old Opal is a new kid at some small town. She has no friends. Her dad is the precher there and that is why she moves many times, but one day she went to the market store that's call Winne-Dixxie. There she finds a dog that smiles? Yes Dear Winne-Dixxie. After finding Winne-Dixxie she learns 10 things about her mother that left when she was only 2 years old. She also finds many friends and learns also the true meaning of friend ship and life lesons. It is is a great movie! i loved it! READ THE BOOK FIRST BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME MISSING PARTS AND ITS BETTER!

Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2010

"I Think People Forgot To Share The Joy"-Opal

This Is A great Movie! Its cute, Educational, And th outfits are cute! And its very accurate to the book. I definitely Recommend this movie and the book to anyone!

Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2010

Perfect for animal lovers!

I really really love it because I love dogs. She works hard to keep her dog.

Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2010

good for all kids

Cute but kind of boring if you watch it too many times