Parent reviews for Before I Go to Sleep

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Just enough. Just barely.

No one is going to see this movie. I wouldn't necessarily say that that's indicative of the movie's quality, but it tells you the type of movie that it is. It's a movie that slips through the cracks and when you mention it, the other person will say something like, "Why haven't I heard of that? You'd think I would given its cast." Like the main character, I'm likely not going to remember this movie soon, yet it's still serviceable. The acting really does help elevate this movie's interesting premise from underwhelming to almost pretty good. It's not the only thing that works, though: it's interesting while watching it and suitably tense enough. The movie keeps us as in the dark as Kidman's character is and it works for the most part and she does a very good job of being frail yet determined. She's always a terrific actress and she's the best thing about this movie. The script has its fair share of twists, and they work enough. The movie looks good; there were a number of times that I thought, "Oh, that looks nice," or, "That's a nice effect." The direction does its job well despite the occasionally obvious visual flair to indicate when something is a flashback or meant to feel delirious. I'm happy to say that it is rather thrilling for a thriller, with about four or five good jump moments. Overall, the words to describe this movie would be "just enough," whether it's just enough flair, just enough good direction, or just enough twists. It's rarely anything more, but I still enjoyed myself more than I expected. It works (enough). 6.8/10, okay, one thumb barely up, barely above average, etc.

Ugh

Great actors,but really bad movie.It's not suprising,scary or exciting it's just 92 minutes of nothing.