Kid reviews for Before I Wake

Weird horror-fantasy has some scary stuff, some sour notes.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrain63 February 7, 2018

Good movie, a little violence/scares

I personally love this show. With all the great things, there are a few scary/violent things to look out for. (Common sense media explains that) But there are a few jump scares as well that might scare a younger child. I would say this show is perfectly fine for any kid as long as they can handle a few scares, a little violence, and some drinking/smoking.

Kid, 11 years old March 18, 2018

strange and moody dark drama film has some creepy stuff.

I was, to my surprise, not in the least disappointed by the Netflix original horror film: before I wake. in this film I feel that the right amount of sentimental drama was blended with some rather strange and exiting activity. the film stars Jacob Trembly in the role of Cody, a young boy with an extraordinary gift, when he sleeps, his dreams come true. parents need to know, that although this is quiet a well made film, there is some scary stuff. there is a monster, a sort of a boogyman called Canker man (which is "cancer mispronounced) canker man is actually quiet creepy, he is a humanoid monster, white skinned with hollow sockets for eyes. he possesses the ability to sort of engulf people, in the way that cancer does. a young bully is attacked by Canker man in a sequence that might be upsetting for young viewers. a man attempts to shoot a child, eyeless children and people who come out of Codys nightmare. note that Cody does consume sodas and sleeping pills in order to keep awake.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTyler Hilton March 30, 2018

Not as scary as it looks

I'm a thirteen year old kid browsing Netflix and come across this movie. I think it looks really scary, but when I build up the courage to hit play, I found I was was severely misled. The movie is not the horror movie the pictures and description make it out to be, instead, it is a heartwarming story about a kid who just wants to keep other people safe, even if that means sacrificing some things, like sleep. There are a few jump scares, but they are easily gotten over, and aren't that bad. The producer's intention was to make a scary movie that is acceptable for kids, and they succeeded. One of my favorite movies by far.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLvp7 July 15, 2018

Intertaning

Before I wake is about a a couple who's child dies so they adopted another one and he turns out to have a strange ability. The movie has not much violence at all some scenes could be scary to some kids. I recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAislynDiane December 8, 2018

Good horror movie for younger teens

I really enjoyed this movie. It is a good balance of scary, sad, creepy, and whimsical! There are a few jumpscares, but nothing too scary. There is a scene containing some consumerism, where the father lists off video game consoles, but it will fly over kids heads. There is some freaky body horror, including kids with no eyes. There isn't very much blood, but it still manages to creep me out. The ending is very beautiful but bittersweet. Overall, this is a good horror movie for younger teens, and though it is a little dark, it has some good messages about family and how people make mistakes, and that's okay.

Teen, 17 years old Written byfinniefoo November 2, 2018

Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2018

Iffy for 12 and under

This movie is not very scary. The plot doesn't make sense, either. But, I have to point out the acting is pretty good. The violence isn't any worse than, say, a batman movie. All in all, don't waste your time with this movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAlexisdone September 22, 2018

I enjoyed it. A

It's a horror/fantasy and the acting was great