Parent and Kid Reviews on

Belle Movie Poster
Our Review

Based on 17 kid reviews

Sort by:

This was a really good movie

This is a really good movie that was beautifully animated. This movie has great messages and tackles some pretty serious topics. This movie also has really catchy music that me and my sister can't get over. Now, time for the content in this movie. There is very mild swearing, they only say hell once and damn once. There is some violence, but none of it is over the top or graphic. There is some abuse but none of it gets to ugly on screen. The main characters mom dies after attempting to save a child who is about to drown in a raging river. The main character also gets a gash on her head from the abusive dad(there is some blood) and also gets threatened by him( he ends up running away). At some points the main character is crying and screaming, that could possibly upset younger children. At a bridge seen the main character vomits over the bridge. There is some flirting and having crushes, there also hugs from friendship and relief. Most scenes in this movie older kids can handle, but if they had a parent die or suffered from abuse this can trigger them. This was all in all a good movie that I am glad I got my mom to buy for my older sister.
2 people found this helpful.

My Favorite Film of 2021!! Highly Reccomend!!!

This film is just, OUTSTANDING! It COMPLETELY OUTSTANDED my expectactions!! #1, the film is just straight-up GORGOUS! I feel like, you could pause any part in this film and make it a poster, thats how good the animation is. #2, This film is VERY good for an anime, since I never really gotten into anime and am not a anime person, I even reccomend this to people who DON'T like anime. It's that good!! #3, Awesome music/soundtrack! The score & lead singer/character (Belle) is amazing and the voice actor who played her did an amazing job in the english dub! #4, The english dub is actually GOOD?! Yes, english dubs are sometimes not that good, but the voice actors and the lips match PERFECTLY (except when they are singing) and you can't even notice! #5, Awesome story/plot. Without giving too much away, this film goes through child abuse, cyberbulling and many things that really make the film emotional, but again there are some great comedy moments in it! #6, Mostly an all-ages film. There is some scene near the end (once again, im not trying to spoil anything) that may be frightening to younger views, and some of the humor in it may also be innapropriate to younger viewers, but yet not too bad. So yea! This wraps up my review on the AWESOME NEW MOVIE, "Belle" and deserves every Acadamy/Ocsar award! Go see "Belle" in theaters, and trust me you will not be bored!!

2 people found this helpful.

Songs are great, and message is important.

Great movie with innovative quality! The characters are flawed but likable, and the animation blew me out of the water. A little edgy-women livestream dressed in lingerie, and a dad abuses his two sons-but it’s fantastically done, and nothing more than your average Hosoda film. The songs are beautiful, and worth award hype!

Amazing movie!

The song are amazing, the message is beautiful, and it is an amazing movie! At one point there is a brief showing of immodestly dressed women posing, and there is also name calling and mild language (D-word and H-word) used. Some violence and child abuse scenes are included. There is also a joke about a teenager liking an older professor with an enormous age gap (he has gray/white hair and appears elderly) but overall this movie is great! The message is touching and it points out real-world problems like child abuse. Will be going to see again! EDIT: After seeing it a second time, I picked up on a few added details I would like to share. It's good to have anonymity online, and to be cautious online as well. This movie showed insight on to how other people might feel even when they act mean. In the part where immodestly dressed women were posing, I think the director threw that in to show how random and inappropriate people can be, further showing that it is good to be cautious online. Thanks for reading, and God bless!

Not for kids.

I thought this movie would be kid friendly. It said it was was age 10+, but 40 minutes into the movie, I saw a clip of undressed women with a bra and underwear, talking about the beast inappropriately, very disappointing to say the least.
1 person found this helpful.

Very immersive storytelling, some very sad parts.

I really liked this movie, the characters and songs were really good. The story is very loosely based around the classic tale of Beauty and the Beast. The online world of "U" where about 1/3 of the movie is set is enchanting and lets the movie get creative with visuals. There are also some nice parts in the real world and light romance. There are no swearing or any sexual scenes. There are some heavy part regarding child abuse towards the end. If you are really sensitive to that topic, don't watch this movie. Overall this is a good movie that has a positive message, some dark (scary) parts and fun characters and songs.

1 person found this helpful.

Belle

Half dressed women on a bed in one scene. Girl gets abused by a man at the end of the film. Death is the main topic. Very intense but amazing anime.

Deep, intense themes and message portrayed beautifully; not for young children

This movie is really touching and I literally cried watching it… 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 (I watched the movie in Japanese) There are a few scenes that are definitely not for children especially because they are about strong and serious themes of child abuse and pain and young children having to bear the burden for their younger siblings and the past, etc. There are also some fighting scenes which has a lot of loud screaming but nothing graphic is shown. The “dragon” is a really deeply hurt person which is portrayed with many scars and is closely similar to the Beast from Beauty and the Beast. Actually, I recognised quite a few scenes that were exactly the same as the Disney. The last few scenes are honestly the most touching but also the most intense where they get to the heart of the problem and the child abuse is clearly shown with fists raised, pulling of hair and even a big scratch on someone’s cheek which shows blood dripping down afterward. Overall a really amazing movie with deep themes and messages so definitely not for young children, it needs to be appreciated by a more mature audience who will understand the problem and feel moved by the emotions and graphic beauty of the film. Definitely recommend.

Welcome to the world of U

I watched it on a plane and it’s just great! A perfect family movie