Kid reviews for Benny and Joon

Quirky comedy about oddballs is edgy for a PG movie.

Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2012

Yay Johnny Depp!

I only have it three stars because Johnny Depp is the star; there is an iffy scene where Joon and Sam are kissing in bed, and then their bare legs stick out of the covers in the next scene, meaning they had sex and that their entire lower bodies are naked.

Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2011

I loved it, but not for younger kids :\

I just saw this movie a few days ago and fell in love with it. Johnny Depp has always been my favorite actor, and Benny and Joon is now one of my favorite movies-- I've already seen it 4 times! Even coming from a 12 (turning 13 next month) year old girl, the movie was amazing, but there were a few scenes that made me a bit uncomfortable and I was thinking, "Is this really PG?" For example, Benny did drink beer in a lot of scenes. Also, many characters did say "s---" a lot, in a few variations. Also the F word was used once. Finally, the part I really don't like talking about-- the kissing. I mean, it's fine at first, but then it gets worse and worse, probably leaving kids 11 and younger with their jaws dropped. There's no nudity or anything,(Thank God) but it still gets a bit... awkward. It probably isn't the kind of stuff you'd want to show to kids 9 and under. Anything else with this movie is fine. I really recommend it for kids about my age, a year younger and a lot older. It really is great! :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byNovalita December 10, 2012

GREAT MOVIE

This is one of those movies where every value you have is questioned. It's the kind of movie that, when it's over, you feel content inside. I think it was a very real movie and something that makes you want to fall in love. My reviews are so mushy.

Teen, 15 years old Written byemily_iero August 11, 2014
This movie isn't inappropriate for children under 13, but younger audiences may not understand the story. It's still an entertaining film regardless of understanding though.

Teen, 13 years old Written by8millere August 26, 2012

Benny and Joon

Such a good movie!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 1, 2010

A truly great love story

Some people could find it hard to watch at times, but the performances are great, the storyline is decent enough, but what shines is Depp's slapstick comedy, something I've never seen him do before besides mildly in "Scissorhands." You'll regret not seeing this little masterpiece.

Kid, 8 years old January 30, 2012