All teen and kid member reviews for Beowulf

Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2009

Always great, always violent.

Great fantasy flick about brave warrior fighting evil demons, monsters and creatures. This is a great movie but anyone 10 and under can't see this movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2009

GORE!

brilliant movie but way too gory. beowulf rips out a dragons heart and isreally graphical. quite funny though in the cinima. when grendel wakes up and screams i jumped out of my seat! good for 13+ but in england it should be a 15 and a R in usa.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJason_300 April 9, 2008

A bit too violent but PG-13 suits it

It is violent and contains hardcore intercourse but is appropriate for kids. It's fun, It's fast, Its naked.
Teen, 16 years old Written bynarsil_101 July 1, 2013

Violent Fantasy just fine for older Teens

This movie was very enjoyable to me. The animation was beautiful and the action scenes spot on. As a 16 1/2 old guy I enjoyed it a lot. Parents should know that there is a lot of graphic and possibly disturbing violence in this film, but nothing that a mature 15 year old couldn't handle. There is some sexual innuendo and nudity as well. You see Beowulf's rear while he is fighting Grendel but his front is never shown. Grendel's mother is also portrayed as almost naked but she has a film of gold covering her. If your child has been to a pool or beach and seen a woman in a tight bikini they have seen the worst this movie has to offer in woman nudity. Altogether, this movie is a enjoyable fantasy romp that would appeal to a lot of guys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspacechick22 August 2, 2010

Should have been rated R!

We watched this in class after reading the book so that we could compare and contrast. It was nothing like the book and as I was watching I couldn't believe that it was rated PG-13! I have a strong stomach, but all the blood was making me queasy. There was also a lot of nudity. Should have been rated R.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypowerson October 28, 2013

No way

We once did this as a project in school when I was 11. Unbelievable! I don't like this film that much, but the animation is very realistic. Too much skimpy clothing and bare butts.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 10, 2013

Ancient tale gets a bloody, sensual update

The animation is awe-inspiring in Bob Zemeckis' version of a very, very old story that I'm currently reading in high school English. It's gritty and realistic, though I wish Zemeckis could have gone further into the character's personalities, which come up often times as shallow. But I enjoy the liberties the film took, and when you put this much style into an entirely CGI-fied movie, other things are bound to fall by the wayside. This is a swords and dragons epic that is meant to dazzle you, and shouldn't be seen by anyone younger than 16 or anyone who's not at least little filled in on the actual poem "Beowulf."
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2012

don't watch
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 March 6, 2012

Couldn't believe it was PG-13

I didn't see the whole movie. Just saw some clips, and they were pretty much all a bunch of blood and gore. If there's nudity, and extreme violence, why the heck is it PG-13??!! MPAA is messed up. It was PG-13 only cause it was animated. But it was very realistic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest June 10, 2011

ok

this movie is on for 9 year old because I think someone older already watch final destination(me) or Saw.I went in theater to see it with older and younger brother (he was 6 ) and my brother was 15.I think the action style looked like 300.Ok there's a little bit of blood but nothing really bad and watch out if u don't like nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS.

My rating: R for graphic animated violence/blood/gore, some nudity, alcohol use and a brief use of innuendo.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011
good movie but very violent
Teen, 14 years old Written byReuben M. Spry March 22, 2011

Pervy Gore-Fest Nothing Like the Poem

To be honest with you, I hated this movie. I enjoyed the poem, but this is just a pervy, animated, gore-fest version! This is one of the most graphic, disturbing films I have ever seen and I would not recommend to anyone under 14.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

Come one folks! It's a good movie!

Ok, first, Angelina Jolie naked. SHE'S NOT! One, it's CGI and even in the film, she is wearing gold! Thin gold, I grant you, but gold! That counts! It really does! Besides the 1999 version of Beowulf really DID have a nude woman as the same character! This is tame compared to that! Another thing is the comparison to the book. I read the book. It was more gory and sexy than this movie will ever be! A true fan of ancient literature would love this film! At times, the characters do look like puppets, and this may take some of the emotion away, but this is still a story! I say that kids can hadle it, or at least mature ones, give it a chance! Do not forget to discuss the film with them!
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2010

Really good. A little too gory young children. The Images Are Scary.
Kid, 7 years old July 9, 2010
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2009

so much blood and gore

i saw this when i was 8 (maybe 9). it was the first bloody movie that i had seen. and now it still is the most bloddy movie ive seen. (well maybe not i saw 30 days of night). even in the first 20 minutes theres gallons of blood because the grendle dude comes and he rips peaple in half and then pours the blood out of them. he chucks people at the cieling, steps on them, and throws them at spikes (remeber, all in 20 min.) then i kinda remeber angie jolie like all sexy and stuff. and then beowulf rips off his arm so he can stick it in the dragons body and rip out the heart. so beowulf dies at the end. should be rated r though because of all the blood. after i wacthed it my dad was like "wow i dont remeber it being so bloody."
Teen, 13 years old Written bymonkeyman April 9, 2008

Very Violent

I think Beowulf should have been rated R. It is one of the most violent movies i have ever seen. There is alot of blood and gore and oozing bodily fluids. But besides all of the violence it is a good story. it is supposed to be based off the epic poem, but i read it and it's almost nothing like the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxalokix April 9, 2008

Wow..shouldn't be PG 13...