Parent and Kid Reviews on

Better Nate Than Ever Movie Poster
Our Review

Based on 12 parent reviews

Sort by:

3 people found this helpful.

An enjoyable, if slow moving, Broadway drama for the family

A cute and inspiring, if at times cliche, story about an "oddball" (thinly veiled gay) kid getting away from from middle school for a weekend in New York. Kids who are interested in theater will enjoy it, but there is a lot of dialogue so it may be boring for kids who prefer more action or comedy.

2 people found this helpful.

This movie is AMAZING! This movie is appropriate to watch with kids of any age. This movie teaches kids and all of us that you can accomplish your dreams as long as you work hard and put your mind to it. I would recommend this movie 10/10.

Best Film I Have Ever Seen

This film goes out to all theatre kids of all ages. I have always loved all things theatre, musicals, singing, dancing and broadway. This film is based on a book of the same name from author: Tim Federle. It is awesome that he is also the writer and director of this film. Great cast, great script, great score, and great songs. I will be watching this film and reading the book for many years to come.

2 people found this helpful.

This was a great story about a kid who doesn’t fit in following his dreams. I loved it and so did my kiddos.

Just a fun movie

Fun, feel-good movie. I wish there were more movies like this the whole family can enjoy together.

Good family movie

Watched with my 6 and 8 year old. Both liked it but my 8 year old seemed to enjoy it more and follow the story more. Good songs. Positive messages. Good family movie.
1 person found this helpful.