All parent member reviews for Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2

Adult Written byChilliwack Mom February 13, 2011
Great storyline, for a movie about talking dogs. My 8 and 10 year old and I laughed a lot during this movie. Strong messages about the value of family and how when everyone works together the family becomes stronger. One scary part when the German Shepherd makes reference to having to leave Mexico because some very bad dogs had threatened to kill his 2 puppy sons.
Parent Written byMarissa López November 2, 2013

Racist, homophobic garbage

Sure, let your kids watch this if you want to promote cultural stereotypes about African Americans, Mexicans, the working poor and gay people. Words cannot do justice to this appallingly offensive film: Papi the chihuahua's old neighborhood is "colorful" says his (literally) white wife; the story is interspersed with Papi's cliched and inaccurate fables of Aztec life … I can't go on … I'm embarrassed I let my children watch this, but, well, how do you explain cultural consumerism and the privileged position of the Anglo eye to a 7 and a 3 year old?
Parent Written bydogslover101 February 11, 2012

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

I love this movie I have it on DVD and I watch it all the time those who havnt seen it well u need 2:)
Parent Written byemadeva January 16, 2012

Very funny and entertaining film

I and our 2 children (6 & 9 years old) just finished watching this very funny film and we really loved it. The story was cute and love that messages about how import the family is. In fact, we liked it more then the first film of this series. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byCourtneydes March 25, 2011

Great for young elementary

Great for my 4 and 7 year old girls who are terrified of most Disney movies. I felt even the insults (peasants and idiot) were OK because it was with a French accent and you could not really understand it. The flashback scenes of the bank robbery and the warriors was a bit concerning but as long as you are watching it with the kids, it is ok. It is far less scary then most other movies for this age (mostly Barbie) and the scary scene lasted for a few seconds. Great role models and not annoying for parents to watch (like Dora!).