All parent member reviews for Bewitched

Adult Written bymamma2jpc April 9, 2008

Great date movie!

My husband and I went to see this on a date. I loved it and he liked it. We both laughed a ton. I thought it was charming. I will be buying the DVD.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... April 14, 2013

never watched the tv show but i liked the movie.

i never really watched the tv show but the movie was pretty good . it wasn't bad.
Adult Written bylisamarshall April 9, 2008

Skip it!

Nichole Kidman is a dead ringer for the original Bewitched Elizabeth Montgomery. She is adorable (how do they make her look so young?) Unfortunately, they gave her a really dippy part. They play her as a niave, codependant, dumb blond who is just entering the "mortal" world and has much to learn. She longs to find a man who is terribly scattered and who "needs her." Will Farrel is good at playing silly parts (not funny, just silly). His charactor is simple minded, self centered and goes out of his way to get adulation, not to mention, newly divorced. Why any girl would fall for him is beyond me. This film is dumb, but in my opinion, not harmless. True, there are no big sex scenes and no violence. However, I feel that as parents, allowing our kids to watch films where people make grossly unwise decisions about life parters, and are glorified for it, is just a damaging, if not more. It's a shame they let Nichole Kidman and the wonderful, intelligent, witty, charactor of Samantha go to waste. I wish they could remake the remake.
Adult Written byjk320 April 9, 2008

Bewitched By Bewitched

Iam a huge fan of the series Bewitched witch is totally appropriate for every age and although the movie has some questionable language it pays a lot of homagw to the original in a great way. The clips from the show are not commercial in any way, they make people interested in the wonderful show and create the back drop for what the basic plot of the movie and show are. Love. He may not have her powers and as a male he wants her to abide by his ways, and she tries but things get in the way. But even through their faults and forces trying to pull them apart, they love eachother and that's all that mattered. Watch A is for Ardvak on the first season of the original series and you will see real tears of the star feeling the emotion of the story and you will wish you could find a love like their's. The movie may not demonstrate that as well as Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York/Sargent but it's only a movie. Think of it as a way for people to remember what a wonderful old fashion idea it was that a whole family could sit together and watch a show that will both make them laugh and really think.
Adult Written byaidans1 April 11, 2015

Funny but not Will Ferrell's best

Just some language
Adult Written byBlurbie April 9, 2008

Not my thing...

Well, there was so much hype about it but it turned out to be only an "okay movie", you know, one of those ones that you watch once and then don't really care if it gets run over by a truck before the next time you goe to watch (that is if you do) because hey, the static makes it WAY more interesting... This movie bored me.
Adult Written byweedthenmulch April 9, 2008

More entertaining than I expected.

I took two teenagers, a 16 year old girl and a 13 year old boy to see Bewitched at the movie theater. We saw it to fulfill the 16 year old's birthday treat. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it but was surprised that I enjoyed it. The comedy was light and funny. The acting was spot on. Great for a DVD famlily rental evening.
Adult Written byclaudrules8 April 9, 2008

i laughed i thought it was great and totally great for kids

it was a great movie and i think any ages should be able to see it it was really funny.
Adult Written byMickeyfan3 April 9, 2008

Fun movie, but has 2 bad words make it not for little ones.

Overall the movie was cute and fun. Two bad (nor horrific, but not words I'd want my 8 1/2 year old hearing) words I think warranted the PG-13 rating. Too bad - I think my son would have enjoyed this one.
Adult Written bysarah_from_yale April 9, 2008

Adorable!

This movie was adorable and quite enjoyable. The only weak part was towards the end, where it became a little formulaic. Although Samantha uses her powers to get what she wants, she realizes when she has gone too far and 'rewinds'. Although there were a few instances of poor language, they were few and far between.
Adult Written bySmustangsally99 April 9, 2008

Slightly Disappointed!

I liked the movie except I was a little disappointed! I Expected a more modern version of the old T.V. series in the form of a movie. Not a movie about remaking the old T.V. series? Other than that slight disappointment it was a very cute, and funny movie. The actors and actresses did a very good job of playing the parts of Samantha, Darren, and Endora. Overall a very good movie to see.
Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

The movie was cursed..

Not a great movie... the TV show was much more charming. They tried to do too much by making the movie about real witch doing a TV show about a witch (too convoluted, lost its *charm*)Cheesy and silly. Younger kids might not get the romance and get bored.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Not too Bewitching...

This was a long movie. Even my 13 year old thought it could have been at least 30 minutes shorter. I kept thinking that Meg Ryan would have been a far better choice then Nicole. The moive was cute. It does have full front and back-side male nudity with the areas blurred--this was totally NOT needed. Just like Hollywierd to blow a good movie for a rating.
Adult Written byJodilbehrens April 9, 2008

Cutsey teen flick

I went to this show with my 16 year old and she loved it. It was a little too cutsey for my usual tastes but it was easy, fun and sugary romantic. Good flick for a girls slumber party.