Parent reviews for Big Daddy

Typical Adam Sandler: charm mixed with crude humor.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byGuszlertx June 12, 2013

Good movie

There's a little language but nothing worse than the kids might hear from me in the car. From reading other reviews it seems most parents on here are a lithe prudish IMO. The only thing "sexual" is that there are two men in a gay relationship, for us that's not a problem we see that in our own family but I guess some might still see that as an issue.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

funny

I walked out of the theater wanting to be better father o I guess it's a good thing!
Adult Written by4Spice June 13, 2010

very good comedy

watch this movie its worth watching one of my favorites very funny no violence 12 and over
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

The Best Adam Sandler Movie

This is a very good movie. It has a lot of comedy, but it also has a meaningful side. Adam Sandler portrays a slob who gets a kid. Overall the movie was unbelievably good.
Adult Written byaidans1 March 30, 2016
Adult Written byCaitlin K October 10, 2016

This shit rocks

I love this movie so much! I watch this movie every couple months. Good story line, awesome cast! Everyone has to watch this movie. If this gets any lower then 4 stars, the ppl who are watching it suck

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byaveryt_m April 9, 2008

This is not a kids' movie

Somehow people think Adam Sandler makes kids' movies. He doesn't - they just happen to have kids in them sometimes. Sadly, that may draw families to this movie when it is very inappropriate for the under 13 crowd. The language, sexual innuendo and use of violence to solve problems was way more intense than you'd expect from a movie featuring a 5-year-old character. There were good messages about responsibility and what it takes to be a "real" parent. However, the view of social services, fostering, birth parents and adoption was problematic. These are deep topics and need to be discussed with anyone who watches the movie. Would Julian really have been dropped at the doorstep? Would there have been no follow-up from social services? Would Sandler have been threatened with arrest? Would a child that young have been made to testify in open court? No. Sandler always has a appealing persona that overcomes the gutter-talk and humor. I wish he'd do something that made the most of his appeal in a cleaner or more serious way.
Adult Written byGerard1 April 9, 2008

13 and older

Good! A bit lewd though but not much.
Adult Written byandreww April 9, 2008
Parent Written byTori S. January 21, 2018

Opinion of a 4 year old

Liked the little boy and the man but not when he went to jail. No bad bits, not funny but good. It was very very very good.

Adult Written byCody P. August 23, 2017

Liberal

Sandler may cuss and depict being intoxicated, but he ALWAYS has an anti drug message and also to accept people and to grow up, family is important and take responsibility for yourself, you just have to look outside of the raunchy. In CLICK he EMPHASIZES family over all. Just give him a chance.

Adult Written byLiam I. April 20, 2017

Great film

I think it's really good but there's a bit of swearing like shit dame and other words and there's parts where thay get angry and sad like when he asks for the kangaroo song and he goes ALL RIGHT !!! And he's to late for McDonald's so he says AW HORSE SHIT !!!! and when he puts the kangaroo song on he says I can't take this shit are you serious

Adult Written byUnknown Agent November 17, 2015

Good

Good film for older teens.