Teen, 13 years old Written byiNSPiRED February 20, 2011

Ugh!

I was extremely disgusted when the main character watched his girlfriend take off her shirt, and turned off the bedroom light. Before that scene, a few suggestive jokes were mentioned, and swearing, beer, and other unnecessary comments/actions took place.
Teen, 14 years old Written byethanct86 October 12, 2015

Funny, and a well deserved Oscar nomination for Hanks

Probably one of the best child movies ever, this one can be enjoyed by older children as there are some content worries. Hilarious and childlike, but at the same time sad and moving, guaranteed, the story is its first, which was written by Steven Spielberg's sister.. This is also where the memorable large floor piano duet originated from. Tom Hanks (2-time Oscar winner) is Josh Baskin. WARNING: This PG rating is not the same as the nowadays PG-family friendly PG. Language: 1 f---, 7 g-dd--n, 1 a--h-l-, 1 b-st--d, 1-s--- and a couple of d--- and h---. 2 child characters talk about a womans breasts. A woman comes over to the main character's apartment one night, and verbally implies "sleepover" with him. He does not understand and assumes "sleepover" and says he gets "to be on top" (he refers to the top bunk). She is in bed waiting with only a large shirt and no leg covering, and it is unclear if she has any under garments . He does get on the top bunk and nothing done. Some sensual/sexual scenes (and some kissing).
Teen, 17 years old Written byJackalope March 19, 2015

They grow up so fast...

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's smart, it's funny, and Hanks does a really good job at being a young kid. Something parents should be on the lookout for is some sexual situations. Of course Josh is going to be interested in sex; he is only thirteen, after all. But this is amplified by the fact that he's working with a beautiful woman that finds him attractive. At one point in the movie, Josh goes to the woman's house, and they start kissing, and the woman takes her shirt off. Nothing graphic is seen, but she's in her bra and obviously okay with it. And then, curious little Josh grabs her breast, and the rest is alluded to in the following scene. Something else parents need to know is that language is pretty common throughout the film. Josh and Billy both use bad language; Billy even says f**k at one point. But it's not in the context of "bad words are fun to say"; rather, it's kind of a turning point in the growing up of these two young boys. John Heard's character has a pretty colorful vocabulary, too, and it's used pretty commonly. Some sexual humor exists, too, with John Lovitz explaining promiscuity to a naive, newly adult Josh. All in all, Big is an excellent film that shows that it's okay to unleash your inner kid, even when the going gets tough. Parents can talk about what it means to be a kid, and why you should never give that part of yourself up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2014

Good movie!

This is a great movie,it is some mild sexual stuff, but thats not so much. You can totally watch this with your kid! It can be really funny like: that they are dancing on the big piano, or that the boy wake up and he is a man:) This is a really great movie, two adults is smoking, it is some drinking on a party, but i don't think that mind the kids so much:)
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 20, 2011
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2009
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2009

A little mature, but fab!

Well, I saw this movie in class (we were writing movie reviews) and everyone was 9-12. There was only 1 9 and 1 10 year old. I felt really sorry for them when the shirt came off, and also about the joke about him being "on top". Luckily, the rest of us were mature enough to watch sit through "the scene" (which is what we called it) and burst out laughing at the joke. I personally thought that this was one of the best movies I have ever seen, but be aware that children under 12 may not appreciate the whole movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written by19wyatted November 8, 2015

Incredible Classic

This movie is an excellent view into every child's wish of wanting to be older than they really are. The main character, Josh Baskins, is delved into the world of sexuality, business, and some violence, and even if he gets used to it he might just realize he is biting off more than he can chew in this 80s classic movie. The f-word is used once.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoccercrazyteen September 6, 2009

ok

its ok its like 13 going on 30 with a guy....
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byelllizabeth May 1, 2016

Great movie!

I saw it when I was 7 or 8, but I think it is most appropriate for 9.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjk321 May 13, 2009

Good Movie

BIG is a very funny movie with a great actor. I highley recommend it for a film to watch when you have a chance.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoxbabe2357 April 30, 2009

Tom Hanks: BIG

Tom Hanks was wonderful in this! It is a great family movie !
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvzmoosyk December 14, 2008

A very intresting movie

Tom Hanks is very good in this movie. A friend recromended it to me and I do not regret seeing it. Very good. For: ages 11+ Peace out, i love dogs
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2016

Funny movie which makes you understand the joy of being a kid.

Greatly funny, some language and sexual references, but this is for the family!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 14, 2009

Another amazing Hanks film

You REALLY believe that Hanks really is a kid stuck in an adult's body. The acting is superb and the laughs are very high without being graphic. Plus it's got a great message about enjoying being a kid while you can. They need to make more movies like "Big" nowadays, but sadly nothing can be funny without being R-rated.
Kid, 9 years old July 4, 2016

This Movie is absolutely fantastic and I recommend you watch it.

Now, there is a couple inappropriate parts in this movie. First of all, the swearing includes ass, 1 f-bomb and I think damn. When Josh goes to St. James (or St. Michael`s. Can`t remember which.) a guy is smoking. Also, there is one part where Josh and Billy talk and Billy says "You can see all the way down to her flowers" talking about I think the teacher. Otherwise, this movie is VERY FANTASTIC AND FUN and I`d recommend you`d watch it.
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2016