Kid reviews for Bird Box

Violent sci-fi thriller has chaos, gory deaths, swearing.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 December 24, 2018

Outstanding, Brilliant, Pulse Pounding and emotionally and sensational gripping!

This is an amazing movie. It is thrilling, and some parts will make you cover your eyes. One of the best horror movies ever made alongside A Quiet Place. This will grip you and you will not want to take your eyes off the screen anytime soon. This is very intense and violent, and I recommend it for ages 15 and up, I could handle this due to me not being very sensitive but if you are sensitive wait a couple of years to watch this masterpiece. This is a "must-see" movie. I cried more than one. I thought this movie had a couple of the saddest deaths ever. And some of the most beautiful moments, that prove at the end of the world there is still hope. I highly recommend this, but just beware that there is lots of blood. This is a great date night movie on the couch with a huge bucket of popcorn. Stop what you are doing and watch it right now. My MPAA rating: R (for sensuality, brutal violence, bloody images, disturbing content, sexual images, brief nudity, terror, horror violence, and language)

Teen, 14 years old Written bym.mackenzie December 24, 2018

Great,but violent

It is a very violent movie because the plot is based on worldwide suicide. There is a lot of cursing and it becomes excessive and in my opinion unnecessarily at one point early in the movie. There are 1 very brief sex scene( probably 2 or 3 seconds are shown, and then the door is shut) and another than just implies that they had sex. It’s pretty intense and you will be on the edge of your seat.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrooklynn December 27, 2018

Overall a good movie

Let’s get straight to the point. In the movie Bird Box, the main things to worry about are nudity, some drinking and a second of drug use (but only briefly in the beginning), use of profanities, and a lot of violence. The movie is about a mysterious thing going around the world wiping out people forcing them to commit suicide (which can possibly trigger some people) so beware of that. Nudity, there is one scene in the beginning where there are people having sex but only shown from the side, private parts or the woman’s breast can’t really be seen. Later on in the movie two characters are making out with each other but nothing explicit is shown. - Swearing, profanities are used pretty consistently throughout the movie, but I personally don’t think it’s that worryful. - For drinking, there is a few scenes where a man is showed drinking. - Other than the brief drinking and nudity, if your child (or whoever) is mature enough to handle those two topics, the thing I would worry about most is the violence. Does your child have knowledge of suicide? This movie has A LOT of that and if it could possibly trigger anything then please do not have them watch it. - Lastly, I recommend Bird Box, and to end on a positive note, the movie contains positive messages and great role models and a female lead. I think that it is overall a great movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byKelcey7 December 29, 2018

Great Movie - Maturity Needed

This movie is very interesting but not suitable for easily scared or immature children. There are many scenes containing gore and violence due to the main story being about mass suicides and survival. There are some parts which suggest things of a sexual nature but nothing is shown at a full extent. This is rated 15 so be aware of that but it mainly depends on the child's maturity and the extent of their bravery/fear. Great movie but beware!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySupernatural122 December 24, 2018

Please Watch

Very Good movie. Very interesting. Honestly the best movie I've ever seen.

Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2019

Amazing

Just cover your kids eyes for some scenes and they will be fine

Teen, 15 years old Written bylili.natme January 1, 2019

Great Movie to add to a Scary Movie Binge

I watched this with my sister (12) at 9:00 pm. We both thought the movie was excellent and didn't have bad dreams afterward. There was like a two-second sex scene and that's it on the sex stuff. The movie made me sad more than scared. Overall, it was a great movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byvicnics December 24, 2018
There’s nothing really inappropriate, it just may be too unsettling for younger viewers.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLogs2468 December 25, 2018

Entertaining thriller/horror flick was bloody...

While Bird Box remained entertaining for the full two hours, it was very violent. The violence was suicide, which means it might be upsetting/disturbing for some viewers. People walk in front of moving vehicles, jump out windows, stab themselves in the neck, etc. In one scene, a woman goes into a burning car and you can see her body disintegrate. There is one sexual scene where two people are nude and kissing. They are visible from the side, but only for a few seconds. Overall good for mature viewers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byClassyCassie January 3, 2019

Such an Amazing Movie

I love horror films, so I absolutely loved this film! I do think my (pretty mature) 12 y/o sister could see this, but that obviously depends on the child. This movie does have some pretty gory suicides, but I mean what can you really do— it’s part of the plot. There is pretty frequent cursing towards the beginning. The sex scene lasts for about two seconds, if that. Parts of the film just tear at your heart, because of the protagonist and her lover (who are an interracial couple) are just sooo cute! The past ten minutes of the movie just make you smile ear to ear- no cliffhangers, and a happy ending! This is one of my favorite movies!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviereviewqueen January 2, 2019

AMAZING

The movie made me look away a couple of times. But that's only because I'm basically scared of everything. There are no jump scares!! I just wanted to let you know that because if you are planning on watching this with kids under 12 make sure they are more mature than most!

Teen, 13 years old Written byfluffyandfloppy January 6, 2019

Good story, could've had a better ending.

i watched this with my dad and my brother and his partner, my mum didn't want to watch it because 'it was too violent' i have to be honest though my mother isn't fond of any thrillers. The continuous upbringing of suicide can be a trigger to some people so i don't recommend it if you don't like stuff like that or if you don't like some graphic scenes, overall it was ok.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAtrarose January 4, 2019

Bird Box

It’s a really good movie. It’s a little gory and scary at some parts, and there is quite a lot of swearing, but I really enjoyed it and it’s a must watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShotgun1 January 22, 2019

Bird Box movie reveiw

The movie is the best and not that scary.

Teen, 13 years old Written byemilyy13 January 21, 2019

It got boring occasionally, but then something crazy happened

Lots of swearing, some sexual scenes, but it was a good plot and I enjoyed it for the most part! I never was scared, but I did cry a few times. I liked it! Definitely not for those who get uncomfortable around lots of swearing, but I don’t so it was just fine.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLara dean January 6, 2019

It’s a great movie

It’s a fun movie super exciting

Teen, 15 years old Written byAhsan Ataa January 30, 2019

Not the best

The plot/screenplay could've been better, but everything else is great Should be fine for most 13+'s
Teen, 14 years old Written byClojo24 January 25, 2019

Very good, maybe not for younger kids or teens...

Well, I’ve literally just watched this movie and I think it is really good and definitely worth watching. However, I don’t agree with people saying it should be a 12+ because I’m a teen and at some moments in this movie I did struggle to watch (suicide, character deaths, some moments were a little scary). When I say it was a little scary I do mean it, Bird box is one of those movies where you never see the’monster’ or whatever the ‘scary’ thing is suppose to be, it is just the suspense and knowing that something is going to happen that can get your heart going. Overall it is a good movie but if you are scarred easily or quite sensitive I would wait till your a bit older or just don’t watch it.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2019

Great movie, just not for kids

It is a good movie. I would rate it for younger ages but there is one scene in the movie where two people are having sex. It is also very gory. It has bad language, but what do you expect. It is very suspenseful, so if you can’t handle that, this movie is not for you. I mostly put negative things about the movie on my review, but it is a good, action packed movie. I hope you enjoy!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGurl18 December 30, 2018

Really good but not for young kids

I’m 13 and I watched this movie last night and loved it. It is a really good thrilling movie but is very gory and there so bad language and a couple sex scenes although you see nothing. The movie isn’t scary but but it would probably scare someone under 12 and I would recommend showing anyone under 15 the movie even though I am 13 and seen it because a lot of 13 year olds would not handle the plot or what is shown as there is multiple deaths in which you see a lot. But over all a n amazing movie and we were all on the eve of our seats.