Parent reviews for Black and Blue

Black and Blue Poster Image

SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!

Come on parents! ITS LIKE KIDS DONT HEAR CURSE WORDS AT THEIR HOUSE!

Full of action / suspense

Good movie! It’s full of suspense all the way to the end. There a few violent scenes with fighting and shootings. This movie touches on some real societal issues as well. I’d say the moral of the story is a good lesson of doing the right thing no matter what or who is against you.

For the most party the family enjoyed it

The teens in the family liked the twists and the suspense. It was rewarding to see my female relatives be empowered by the main character. For that reason alone, I would recommend the movie. However, I did find the characters a bit predictable. The villains came off as a little too Hollywood stereotypical for my taste. I felt the dialogue/acting was a bit disconnected from the scenes they were portraying. The frequent slow-motion scenes got old quick.

Thrilling, but felt forced.

The movie felt forced in the respect that it tried being too "woke" instead of focusing on a coherent story line. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. You're going to see a lot of reviews that give it either a 10/10 or a 1/10 for various political reasons in order to fuel various social movement fires. However, from a cinematic standpoint, the film was enjoyable; but definitely not anything gripping or fantastic. The focus was definitely on the social message, but that doesn't mean that the film is automatically a 1/10 or a 10/10. From a cinematic standpoint, it was just "meh".