Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Black Mirror: Bandersnatch

Inventive interactive movie has violence, drugs, language.

Adult Written byNan’s Spaghet January 1, 2019

Not too bad

Whilst I don’t think it should be PG-13 like some other people said, I don’t think that it’s too bad. There is an option to cut up the main character’s father but it moves the camera up so that you don’t see anything too gruesome apart from when Stefan (the main character) is in his room coding and his father’s head is displayed on his drawers. There is a part where Stefan and another character take lsd but in my opinion that would encourage people NOT to take drugs. Overall it’s not too violent but if you’re younger than 11 you should definitely sit with an adult to cover up your eyes at scary or violent parts. Also, characters tend to sweat a lot and the main character tells his father to f_ _k off at one point.

Adult Written byLovelyDisaster December 31, 2018

Pretty Good!

I truly believe this show deserved a PG-13 rating, there wasn’t anything too explicit. The only thing that made it not suitable for under 10, was one scene of drug use which could be prevented based on choices you make. The language is mild, and I really enjoyed this and hope they make more of these.

Adult Written byroaa1234567 December 30, 2018
Me and my 10 year old daughter watched it and she did not get scared but she got scared of Smurfs.I would recommend people change it to pg13

Adult Written byRobeensep27 December 30, 2018

Its a good movie it should not be 16+ it should be pg13.

Me and my 10 year old daughter watched and she was not scared she was only not looking on the part were he kills his dad. The rest is not inappropriate there is no sex and i really recommend it to be 11+ or pg13.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byPima A. December 30, 2018

Me and my 15 years old daughter watch it together, and she was freaking out but excited at the same time. You need to accompanied you child if you decided to let your child watch this movie. I love the 80s music and the idea of interactive movie watching is disruptive and different.

Adult Written byNeon 99 January 5, 2019

A triumph for netflix

Netflix original moives have all been hot garbage with a few exceptions. But bandersnatch is a triumph in it's own right as it is interactive you control the outcome of the story and this great because bandersnatch is filled with twist and turns so the plot never feels predictable. You can have multiple playthroughs and you could completeley diffirent endings every aspect is just amazing. A must watch/play for highschoolers and up
Adult Written byxXBobRossXx January 28, 2019