Parent reviews for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: Movie Poster

MCU manages to pull together to make one of the best MCU movies out there!

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is one of the best MCU movies that they've made. There is so much to enjoy and love about the film, and it is nearly as good and rich as the first Black Panther film. I had a lot of expectations for this movie, and I felt like they delivered all of my expectations and even more! So I saw this film twice (opening weekend), once in 2D and the other in 3D, and as much as I thought the 3D exprience was better, it actually does not matter what format I see a movie in because to be honest: I could see a big budget movie (like this one) in 2D and still really enjoy it and the same could be in 3D (I got dizzy during the 3D format). But this whole film was beautifully perfect (for the most part) . . . from the soundtrack to the cinematography. And I really can't find anything wrong about this except the end credit. I've heard from other people that this film can be slow or be dull, but for me: this movie had raw emotions and a well-written plot. Everything in this movie was beautifull in my eyes. This movie got me grinning to almost having tears in my eyes. It has a lot packed in the movie that the 2 hour 40 minute runtime (2 hours 28 minutes without credits, I know: I timed the movie) is more than appropiate enough. It could have been 3 hours long, and I feel like I could have really enjoyed it still. In this movie, I felt like they did such a great time not only furthuring the MCU universe but contributing this movie to Chadwick Boseman who sadly passed away to cancer in 2020. The beginning of the movie contributes not only T'Challa's death but also remembering that Chadwick died in real life who played him. It was such a great contribution and memoir that it is very hard for me to hate for this movie. Also, I realise that people say the bad guy in the movies weren't that good, but in my eyes: they weren't bad guys. They were a group of people who I felt at times felt misunderstood but at the same time their plans didn't align to what we could be called good, but I never really saw them as bad guys! I also love how this movie manages to (just like the first film in its series) balance out so much: the action, the plot, the emotions, the comedy, etc. I mean, it truly felt one of the better MCU movies because I promise you, I have seen sloppy MCU movies and this is cinematic compared to the sloppy ones. I mean, it is 98.9% perfect. I felt like what was holding this movie back was because the actions sequences were mild, and the post-credit scene as much as it should haver hyped me, I just felt frustrated. I also love how MCU expands not only the Black Panther franchise, but the MCU Universe. It holds enough promise to expand it, and if they don't screw it up, MCU can really grow from this movie. It is the best movie from Phase 4, and as a review as mine said, "it literally carries the whole Phase 4", and that statement couldn't be so much more true. In Phase 4, we got a lot of Marvel films, and so far before this movie Spider-Man: No Way Home was the best . . . but along came this movie! This movie carries the whole Phase 4 on its back, and it doesn't screw it up like so many Phase 4 movies have (*ahem* Thor: Love and Thunder). Overall, this movie holds so much potential for the MCU movies to expand and the Black Panther franchise. And this movie has so much packed into its part, that watching it more than once is highly advisable. It balances so much out, and it truly is one of MCU's better movies! I highly recommend this movie for everyone wanting something more than Thor: Love and Thunder and people who want depth, an amazing plot, and comedy and can balance all of it out in the best way!

3 people found this helpful.

A great movie to watch and discuss with your family

Great movie with great message for the family to discuss. Violence with a purpose but still a little violent. No sexuality. 1-2 curse words. A lot more diversity. Some might critique the message as being anti-America but it’s part fiction and entertainment part a reality that many people groups have faced. Either way, it’s a good movie to discuss with your family.

1 person found this helpful.
One of the best Mcu Movies! Shows kids how to face death and how It can be hard but the best thing you can do is carry on there legacy.

A little rougher then the first one.

This movie is more violent compared to the original. Everything else is somewhat tame for an mcu movie. It's overall a pretty good movie that's a little too long.

A film about process, grieving, mourning and what comes next

A film about mourning. Public mourning, private mourning and the mourning that sneaks up on you and the pain associated with all of it. How long can we stay in a pained position? Apparently a very long time according to Wakanda Forever, especially when that mourning becomes systemic and the basis of a civilization fleeing colonialism. The film excels on many levels and every actor is there for it. The absence of Boseman is consistently referred to as a film designed to pick up the pieces after a light that is so large has been extinguished. The return, however brief, of Killmonger is extremely well done and he steals the scenes he is in, per usual. A film about process, grieving, mourning and what comes next.

Honestly Impressed

I don't usually go to new movies, as theatres are so expensive these days, but I went yesterday, only a day after it came out. I went with a date, and we had a good time. I may need to refresh myself on the first movie though. Great movie, and great plot. 10/10 Would recommend. A little swearing, but not excessive.

A beautiful film about loss wrapped in an action movie

There are some violent scenes and some major deaths. The entire theme of the film is the grieving process and how to move on after an unexpected, devastating loss. It may be upsetting for smaller kids.