Kid reviews for Black Panther

Masterful Marvel film has depth, diversity -- and violence.

Teen, 16 years old Written byelijah batz February 15, 2018

Fun and colorful. This is what I want from Marvel movies and this film is nearly perfect.

I don't really have many things to say that hasn't been already said about this film by critics. I like how it took the doctor strange approach and didn't mention too much about the MCU and the upcoming events that will arise in Infinity War. Marvel has become better at world building since Guardians of The Galaxy and this movie does it great. Wakanda looks amazing and so does the cinematography in this film. The director of this movie should be very proud about this movie, he deserves every bit of praise. The fight scenes were good and down to earth, no airbending or god like battles . They used lots of wide shots and some occasional shaking cam shots. This isn't far from being the best MCU movie and I hope Ryan Coogler gets recognized more because made a fantastic movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKtucker013 February 21, 2018

Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMoviesGuy February 16, 2018

ONE OF THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIES EVER, THIS IS WORTH CHECKING OUT!!!!!!!!

I just saw this last night and I gotta tell you, IT'S REALLY AWESOME!!!!! This has action, humour, awesome character and heart. The story is really cool, the photography and the CGI was amazing and the characters were really good. But there is some sci fi violence and there is some language too like the word sh*t. The story and the characters were really interesting and the technology that was in the movie was ABSOLUTELY REALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! There is a main villain and his backstory is quite interesting and it's the kind of one that would make a lot of sense why he was so evil in the first place. No spoilers but I think that this is the BEST movie in the MCU (A.K.A Marvel Cinematic Universe) but it is also one of the best movies of all time and I think you should definitely go see this movie, trust me you'll really like this (or maybe love it, I know I loved it.) If you love Marvel or any comic book themed stuff, YOU MUST GO SEE THIS AND IT'S SOMETHING WORTH WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give this a 10 out of 10. I recommend this for kids 10 and older.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTash163 February 17, 2018

Great representations

This movie has good morals and is safe for young teen , the movie has some rough fighting scenes and one or two Cuts shown but nothing too gory . A lot of tense scenes aswell but nothing scary . It has a strong message about race and African culture which I found wonderful . Very worth watching , no sexual scenes exept some brief neck kissing . Language is mild with a middle finger shown briefly

Teen, 16 years old Written byKellymissylol February 16, 2018

The best MARVEL movie

This is a great movie to see if you want your tweens and teens to learn about friendship and loyalty and trust. No sexual content brief swearing and just a little blood!

Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2018

Definitely worth watching

It was a super fun movie, it was super pretty to look at Uganda and the characters outfits, there is very mild violence because ya know it’s a marvel movie but defidently family friendly!

Teen, 14 years old Written byevxngaline February 16, 2018

This was amazing! A must see!

I get in line an hour before it opened to see it and it was 100% worth it. This film depicted a strong African nation free of stereotypes. The costuming was STUNNING and the acting was good. It definitely was violent, so maybe hold on this for squeamish or immature kids. Third favorite Marvel movie, definitely a must see.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJohnTin February 16, 2018

Amazing

Let your kids watch it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byHarryPotterIsAwesome March 9, 2018

Unpopular opinion; I thought Black Panther was not worth the hype.

So. I just saw Black Panther. It was decent. That’s it, though. I don’t think it’s the masterpiece that everyone’s been describing it as. Yes, I did enjoy it. Particularly some of the more character-deep scenes I found myself invested in. The underlying message is thoughtful and well-done, and the subtext on the current political state was great. There are great role-models, too. The protagonist is intelligent and brave. Even the villain is personified, and you can understand where he’s coming from (even if it seems a little forced). But there are many things that I didn’t love about the film. I was not a fan of the “humour.” As a teenager, I didn’t laugh once. It tried to hard to connect with the “young folk,” which I thought was excruciatingly painful. While many of the characters are vividly developed and rich, others seemed glossed over (particularly an American-accented Martin Freeman). And the most disappointing aspect was the ending. There’s a “climactic” battle sequence, but I didn’t feel that amazed by it. The last 15 minutes were actually kind of boring. The violence isn’t constant, but it’s bloody when it comes up. There’s stabbing, explosions, gory wounds and a throat-slitting. A major character is thought to be dead (but they’re clearly not, it’s pretty predictable). Giant rhinos gore into people, Wakanda women throw spears at people and guns are used. There’s some cursing, but I don’t think it was very memorable. Maybe there was a s—t? One tender kiss at the end (aww). Yeah. Those are my thoughts. Don’t hate me for not loving the film.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieFnatic February 18, 2018

Liked It

It's a little violent ... but it has strong female characters. It transmits the message that you should be a good person and that you should always protect what you love.

Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2018

Great movie, but definitely NOT for kids under 12

I saw this movie with my 7-year old sister younger sister and my dad. We all loved the movie, but after watching I agreed with my dad that the movie was probably not appropriate for my sister. Don’t get me wrong, this movie is great-probably my favorite Marvel film yet, with enough of everything I like in a movie and a great plot-but there are more kid-friendly movies out there. Although the movie doesn’t exactly center around violence, there is way too much of it. Guns, several deaths, I don’t even want to describe it. I even covered my eyes when there was getting to be too much bloodshed. As for language, it isn’t used very often, but some of the more bad words are used. (And no, not the f word) Overall this movie was (probably one of my favorite movies so far this year) great and I definitely recommend it for MATURE tweens, teens, and adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written byanaklusmos March 2, 2018

WAKANDA FOREVER

this was an amazing movie it was five out of five I loved it so much and the ENDCREDITSSSSSSSS

Teen, 15 years old Written byAdam Atom February 28, 2018

An Enjoyable Marvel Movie for Older Tweens

Black Panther is a good movie for tweens. While some young kids will get scared at the action scenes or bored at the talking scenes, others will enjoy it for what it is. It has a good message, good characters, good scenery, and good

Teen, 13 years old Written bystartrekfordays February 26, 2018

Excellent Marvel movie has great role models with plenty of sci-fi violence.

Parents should know that Marvel's Black Panther offers a great diverse cast with the main characters being African American. The women role models are astounding. That said, there is still violence as in all Marvel movies. You can expect intense shootouts, chases, and brutal fights that can be a little bloody. Also watch out for some swearing including s--t, damn, hell and the like. Despite the violence, the movie offers great messages and role-models and is a must-see for any Marvel fan. Stay after the credits for a very inspirational speech.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHappyPenguin15 February 24, 2018

The Revolutionary Move For Marvel

Marvel has it's fair share of amazing characters, great characterization, outstanding morals, and beautiful perspectives that inspire the world to do something Marvel-ous. (Get it? Marvel. Marvelous) However, all of those movies combined is nothing compared to this. With society becoming more and more unaffectionate to others, especially those with a different skin color and females, it was very nice and some would say revolutionary to see that Marvel does not believe in racism or sexism, and with the movie coming out, it has given hope to people with darker skin colors, that they too, can be a hero. Cool fact: In the 1940's to 1980's, police officers, that watched over black neighborhoods were actually called 'Black Panthers' in the Black Panther Party. As a white person, I saw the looks on everyone's faces when they saw the movie. Black or white, it didn't matter. People were ecstatic! Overjoyed! And full of hope and understanding of new perspective. It even impacted me. I used to be someone who liked Marvel, but not especially obsessed over the movies. Until now. If you feel unimportant, isolated, and disregarded like a stereotype, then go see this movie. I am positive that it will give you a better understanding on what step you should take next.

Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2018

Great movie

This movie is super good. I say a mature 10 year old could watch this but, be warned there are some scary parts. they say the s-word sometimes but usually it's the bad guys saying it so mature kids will know not to say it

Teen, 15 years old Written bybrandonjbaseball February 18, 2018

Good addition to the MCU

The best thing about this movie is the characters, which are written and acted well. The story is pretty good. This movie would be best for kids 9+ because of the violence and more mature themes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolpool785 March 8, 2018

Amazing superhero film but is more violent then others.

Amazing film, but more violent than other superhero films. Black Panther tends to actually kill enemies rather than knocking them out and leave them for authorities like other heroes like him. Deaths include gun violence, stabbings with blades of all kind, explosions, and some pretty brutal beatings with clubs and fists for a PG-13 rated film. There are some dramatic deaths. A villain is obsessed with ruling the world by military force, and says it's necessary to kill children if needed. There are some swearing, most of it mild, but a villain does make racist comments, and a person points the middle finger at someone in a joking way. Some female characters where some suggestive clothing during rituals. This is a Marvel film, so there is consumerism in the film itself since Black Panther is a part of Marvel, and there is consumerism outside the film with action figures, costumes, T-shirts, etc. But there are good role models and the Wkandan kingdom believes in living along side nations without need for violence despite being able to easily take over the world with the advanced technology.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieguy78 March 7, 2018

Black Panther - Review

Black Panther is another movie that is by the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). I have to say that this movie was just okay in my opinion. I liked it, but not as much as I thought i would. But for others, people might like it. But is it appropriate for younger audiences. Sex and Nudity: 1/10 : Some kissing and flirting. Violence and Gore: 6/10 : There are scenes that include fighting, car chases, an extended battle sequence and much more, but it's all kept in a PG-13 level. Profanity: 4/10 - One Obscene Hand Gesture, uses of sh*t, ass, damn, and more. But it's all kept in a PG-13 level. Smoking, Drugs, and Drinking: 1/10 - One scene in a Casino, people are drinking alcoholic beverages. Positive Messages and Role Models: 8/10 - This movie is about teamwork, friends, and courage. Most people that are from the world of Wakanda are nice, sweet, loyal, and hard working. The Character of T' Chalia aka Black Panther is the biggest role model in this movie. He is very thoughtful, knows right from wrong, and always chooses to do the right thing, even if sometimes doing the right thing is not always an easy thing to do, the character still chooses to do good. Black Panther is good for friends and families. I recommend Black Panther for kids 11 and up

Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2018

Funny Action

First of all I would like to mention that this movie includes scenes with killing with weapons such as guns, knives, and spears. This movie also has some swearing and inappropriate gestures. I rated this movie ages 11 and older because of the violence and inappropriate things. This movie could also be watched by a mature 10 year old. You might enjoy this movie because of the action and comedy.