Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Blade

Boring vampire blood bath isn't for kids.

Adult Written by4Spice June 15, 2010

good killing movie

the first blade is my favorite one lots of intense violence 16 and over

Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 14, 2012

crazy opening and crazy finale

the beginning and the ending are freakin awesome, I'm gonna watch the rest of it sometime
Adult Written byDr. Zaius February 17, 2012

Fast Paced Vampire Flick With Too Many F Bombs.

Very violent, bloody and gory which is to be expected from a vampire movie based on a comic book. Very liberal use of the F word when it is totally unnecessary. Special effects are very good and the fight scenes are well choreographed. It's a comic book come to life and a quality production but knowing kids would be drawn to the Marvel name they should have toned down the language.

Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

Very intense and gory.

Lots of blood and gore; strong language. Not for kids.

Adult Written byCastellanos July 17, 2009

Entertaining Blood-Fest Satisfies

I have to admit, Blade is one of my guilty pleasures. I found the film to be very entertaining. Note that this movie is non-stop bloody violence and constant swearing, so whether or not you like this film, all depends on your taste. Parents should know that this a very violent and bloody movie. In the first scene, a man is lead by his girlfriend to a club, where it turns out that everyone there's a vampire. The DJ turns on the sprinklers, which drench everyone in blood. Then, Blade shows up and tears apart the vampires in a huge bloody mess. you get the idea, this movie is a very violent, hard "R", that easily offended kids will be disturbed by. There are countless vampire deaths, where once they die, they turn into bones and disintegrate. One vampire has his canine teeth removed as a act of humiliation and then disintegrates in front of the sunrise. three other vampires burst into chunks of blood and flesh and one morbidly obese vampire is incinerated. A mother dies in childbirth, but is brought back as a vampire. A main character commits suicide to prevent himself from turning into a vampire and Blade is forced to kill his mother. There are a boatload of F-words and other profanities and some partial nudity.

Adult Written byChris LP December 20, 2008

MARVEL's first superhero movie is a smash-hit

Adult Written bydvdgirl April 27, 2016

Deacon Frost.

The only reason I liked this movie was because of Stephen Dorff as Deacon Frost. Blade is alright but I love Deacon. He is the best any way this would be a good movie for teens 13 and up.

Written byAnonymous November 22, 2018

The butt review

This movie has a lot of action with blade slashing up vampires. There is cussing and sex and nudity in the movie. Blade is a movie for older teens then young audiences.
Adult Written byDarkAgentE April 13, 2018

What?!

I do not know how or why this movie got 1 star. Don't listen to CSM, Blade has non-stop action, extreme gore, and plenty of dark humor that would impress any action movie fan. I highly recommend this movie to any action movie fan.

Adult Written byAnthonyM 6 February 20, 2018

A true hidden jem

Please note that it was this movie is what ultimately launched the MCU.