Kid reviews for Blindness

Arty apocalypse is as rewarding as it is rough.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag April 20, 2012

Beautiful piece of art is very mature and violent.

You need to know that "Blindness" is not an everyday flick. It is not for those who love action and blockbusters. It is an independent movie for those who love the art of film. It will go beyond what lovers of the mainstream are used to. The optical look is perfect, but also the script. Ironically, in a movie where nearly nobody can see anything, we do not even know the character's names. The female protagonist grows from a usual woman to a strong leader, and shows great acts of kindness and understanding, giving hope to those who can not see. But the movie also has its dark and rough sides, especially when the blind people are cruelly shot when trying to break out. Also, one man in this movie was born blind, but is also brought there. "Blindness" is truly a piece of art, and therefore it is a must-see. (SPOILERS may follow:) -The movie itself is emotional and at some points hard to handle, as blind people are treated like objects or scum in this movie. Whenever a person tries to escape, he gets shot. Anyhow the most relevant moment is one moment of sexual violence: -The women have to let men having sex with them in order to get food. Though they are not forced to do it, they do it willingly. Anyway, they are sad and they just do it for the others, so they get food. At one point a woman dies because the man had had sex with her violently. The protagonist gets kind of raped (she was one of them who were willing, but the man presses her face to his privates violently - it is somehow unsettling.) -She kills the man by stabbing him (quick, dark) (End of SPOILERS) It is suitable for older teenagers i think, like viewers 16 and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovielover7 July 20, 2009

i am 14 and thought it was fine, my parents... probably would think different for me

i liked this movie a lot and my mouth dropped open a couple of times at the "scariness" of this movie and what could possibly happen to the world. I thought some stuff was pretty bad but bearable for me.